Tendo City
IM DRUNK - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: IM DRUNK (/showthread.php?tid=982)

Pages: 1 2

IM DRUNK - -_____- - 23rd August 2003

yeah...so anyway, im drunk right now. I can still type fairly well for som reason...hehe. So...how many of you drink? Are you drinking legally? cause im not Eek oops. I happened to stumble upon a bottle of canadian whisky hehehe. i hate whisky, it tastes like shit. after 6 shots...it tastes like...worse than the most disgsusting thing you could ever think of. blech. i dont even drink much, it sucks, it takes a lot to get me drunk cause im really tall. bah. for those of you who dont liike to get drunk, uh...good for you, its not good to be addicted :D I would stop...but im addicted. it must be the irish in me haha. i have red hair. *random* Cant stop addicted to the shindig. So...theres this really really really hot girl i went to the movies with...she looks 18 or 19..but shes only 15 roflmao. i cannot believe it. if i had a picture, id show you right now, shes really really really really hot. and like..tall. yeah. remind me when im sober, and sometime when i see her ill take a picture of me with her. its true, she the hottest person in my town...well, IMO of course. my town is small. getting bigger. i cant blieve i just type d that much. its amazing. yeah, my college made all the freshman write 2 papers BEFORE the term starts!!! incredible. i have to do them still. its really stpid. the book was good though! it was "The Color of Water" by James McBride. Quite entertaining. tomorrow i gotta do that. what else can i ramble on about for no reason...um....wtf am i doing on this site while drunk???? omg!!! how stupid is that hahaha, im gonna laugh tomorrow. i cant wait :D. Um. Ill leave you with a quote.

"I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law." -- David Dinkins, mayor of New York City

IM DRUNK - Darunia - 23rd August 2003

I got drunk a few times this summer, but I found better things to do with it than coming HERE! Like this really cute chick...I...

(censored).

...and that's why cats and dogs hate eachother.

IM DRUNK - -_____- - 24th August 2003

God dammit, my mom made me get up at 11 this morning! WTF! lol. now im fucking tired. anyway, yeah, she doesnt let me sleep over places anymore cause shes afraid im gonna get drunk...which is what would happen. rofl, so like once a month i just do it at home for no good reason ha. i have this amazing trait, I DONT GET HANGOVERS! I actually get a daylong buzz haha. Which I have right now woooooooo. hehehe.

IM DRUNK - EdenMaster - 24th August 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Darunia
I got drunk a few times this summer, but I found better things to do with it than coming HERE! Like this really cute chick...I...

[b](censored).
[/B]

Brushed up against her!

SCANDALOUS!

As for drinking, hm, no thank you. Even though my 21st birthday is less than a year away (holy crap did that sound stupid :D) I don't intend to drink anything containing alcohol simply because I can. I don't see the point.

IM DRUNK - Laser Link - 24th August 2003

Getting drunk is a stupid thing to do. I don't understand why people get so excited about making themselves stupid, obnoxious, and disgusting. Or what's so cool about losing control of your body. And after all of this happens, they are proud of it! It just doesn't make sense. Sometimes I'll have a drink with my friends, but I will not get drunk.

One of my closest friends was an alcoholic in high school, and that led to drugs and all kinds of other stuff. He was miserable, but he didn't know how to get out. I think that happens to a lot of people. Thankfully God is faithful and after losing everything in his life and going to prison, my friend gave his life back to God. Jesus broke the addiction and my friend has never felt the desire to drink again. In fact, he hates alcohol now because of how it ruined his life, and he is one of the most on-fire people I know.

I have another friend who moved to Florida after graduating and got into the wrong crowd. She doesn't talk about it alot, but I know she used to drink alot with her friends. When I've talked with her she said she didn't eve like getting drunk- she didn't get sick but she started acting stupid. But she still kept doing it. After moving back here she got her life back on track for a while, but now she is starting to go back. I'm scared to death for her, because she is way too special to waste her life that way.

I'm telling you guys this so that you won't screw your life up. Once you start you will get sucked in and it will ruin your life. One friend almost lost his life because of alcohol, and my other friend has everything you could want in this world but she still is getting pulled in. It's not worth it, so just don't start guys.

IM DRUNK - Great Rumbler - 24th August 2003

A lot of my friends go out and do stuff like that, I never felt any desire to get drunk though or even to drink at all for that matter. My friends on ocassion ask me if I'm going to the big party this weekend, I always say no. My idea of a fun weekend is sitting around my house, posting at TC, playing a few video games, and watching some DVDs. :)

IM DRUNK - EdenMaster - 24th August 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Great Rumbler
My idea of a fun weekend is sitting around my house, posting at TC, playing a few video games, and watching some DVDs. :)

Indeed, that's a good weekend for me as well.

Better, safer, and funner than drinking yourself stupid. And you can remember those video games and DVDs, whereas you usually can't remember what you did after you got drunk. That alone would scare me to death.

I got a story too, LL. My dad drank for years, almost to death. He had to spend weeks in a hospital and further weeks in a rehab facility before he was finally free, but I know his demons still lurk from time to time. His souvenir from drinking is diabetes.

Needless to say, I've seen first hand what it can do to a person, and want no part of it.

IM DRUNK - A Black Falcon - 24th August 2003

Yeah, getting drunk/doing drugs to me just seems really stupid. Why in the world would people want to do stuff that makes them act stupid and do dumb stuff... there are so many better things you could be doing... its just really dumb.

IM DRUNK - Sacred Jellybean - 24th August 2003

I used to like to drink myself silly... but to be honest, the past few drinking episodes of mine haven't been too great. I didn't really have any bad experiences with it (aside from rocking in a plastic porch chair and breaking one of its legs), I've simply lost the appeal I once saw in it. It's just not that fun anymore... not only does it make me stupid, mean, lethargic, and sick, but I can't even remember the experience the morning after.

Something I've never understood is why people automatically list drugs and alcohol seperately. "Not only alcohol, Janey, but DRUGS TOO!! OMG!!" The fact that alcohol is legal doesn't negate the fact that it's a destructive drug.

IM DRUNK - A Black Falcon - 24th August 2003

Because its legal, I think... its also why cigarettes and abusing perscription drugs are mentioned sepearately usually.

IM DRUNK - lazyfatbum - 25th August 2003

Go wake up your mom and tell her you're drunk and you find her to be physically attractive. Then leave.

IM DRUNK - -_____- - 25th August 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Laser Link
Once you start you will get sucked in and it will ruin your life.

Its the truth! I always tell people not to lol. My problem is i started, and my family has always had this unfortunate alcoholism problem. yeeaaah, and im irish. Drunk its bad. i dont do it much, like once a month. Addictions suck.

IM DRUNK - Darunia - 25th August 2003

Getting drunk with friends at a party as opposed to playing videogames alone at home is generally a social thing, so I can see how most of you would fail to gain by it. Rolleyes

IM DRUNK - Great Rumbler - 25th August 2003

Dork.

I fail to see how drinking yourself into a stupor, doing stupid things, and then forgetting everything that happened can be better than just about anything else. At least with playing videogames you remember what happened last night.

IM DRUNK - Weltall - 25th August 2003

I've only been drunk once, and at least while it was happening I enjoyed every loving second of it.

On an unrelated note, lazy gave me a Crotch-o-Tron Birthday Card Enhancer, on which I'm supposed to rub my crotch vigorously. And I do.

I fail to see how drinking yourself into a stupor, doing stupid things, and then forgetting everything that happened can be better than just about anything else. At least with playing videogames you remember what happened last night.

Oh, I quite agree sir. That would indeed be pointless. I, on the other hand, remember everything, and was in at least 95% control of everything I did. It was a warm, wonderful feeling that I loved...escape from a bleak, cold world into a warm, fuzzy one. With friends, it was awesome...best memories of the summer, those.

IM DRUNK - Private Hudson - 25th August 2003

Getting drunk occasionally, in the right environment (say a party with friends) can be really great fun.

Quote:I fail to see how drinking yourself into a stupor, doing stupid things, and then forgetting everything that happened can be better than just about anything else.

Who ever said you had to drink yourself into a stupor? Or that you would forget everything that happened? Why only take the extreme examples?

Quote:Originally posted by Laser Link
Once you start you will get sucked in and it will ruin your life

Bullshit. I started drinking at 18 (legal age in Australia), but only ever on occasions. We go out each Friday night (after work) and try and have fun with eachother, it's as simple as that. Like I said, drinking in the right environment can be really great fun. Just don't start drinking all the time, by yourself, etc. etc.

IM DRUNK - OB1 - 25th August 2003

Well you're Australian. You guys put the Irish to shame when it comes to drunkeness..titude...

Goddamit are we the ONLY nation on Earth that can't drink until 21!??!

Oh, I quite agree sir. That would indeed be pointless. I, on the other hand, remember everything, and was in at least 95% control of everything I did. It was a warm, wonderful feeling that I loved...escape from a bleak, cold world into a warm, fuzzy one. With friends, it was awesome...best memories of the summer, those.

Well good for you.

Yes, good for me, because I proved you wrong, "Mr. One Ounce of Beer kills a billion people per Year."

Proved him wrong about what? That stupid people like to get wasted?

No, he made it out as if being drunk meant that one was always bound to do stupid things, and was in no control of one's self. Are you a prohibitionist too, OB1.

Yes, I do not drink alcohol. I know far too many people that have died or had their lives ruined because of alcohol-abuse-related incidents.

We all do. Also know far-too-many people killed in driving accidents, (far more than alcohol-ones)...but I still drive.

Quote:Yes, good for me, because I proved you wrong, "Mr. One Ounce of Beer kills a billion people per Year."

Proved me wrong about what? I said people do stupid things when they're drunk. That's a fact, you can't dispute it. Maybe not every single person who takes a sip of beer will, but people do.

Driving is a neccessity, getting drunk is not.

Driving isn't as essential as you'd think. Public transportation, car pooling.

Yeah, driving really is comparable to getting drunk in terms of nesseccity. Rolleyes

*Necessity.

OH, DID YOU MEAN TO TYPE NECESSITY INSTEAD OF NESSECCITY! IM SORRY I DIDNT KNOW.

IM DRUNK - -_____- - 25th August 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Great Rumbler
Dork.

Actually...I always remember EVERYTHING, and I never get a hangover..rather I get a daylong buzz the next day...odd isnt it?

Haha, innocent typo. As you can see in my previous post, I spelled it correctly. Well almost, I added two c's instead of one. That was an accident.

Haha, innocent typo. As you can see in my previous post, I spelled it correctly. Well almost, I added two c's instead of one. That was an accident.

But Marion wasn't an innocent typo? I typed MARIO in that same post, in fact, only two words before MARION. I added an n on the end. That was an accident. Apology accepted, shit monger.

On another note, TC seems to be fairly evenly drawn on people who drink, and people who don't drink and hate those who do.

Of course Marion was just an innocent typo, but you made it so I had to laugh at it. :shakeit:

IM DRUNK - Laser Link - 25th August 2003

Quote:On another note, TC seems to be fairly evenly drawn on people who drink, and people who don't drink and hate those who do.

Darunia, why do you always think that people who have different viewpoints from you hate you? You take this as a personal attack when it is not.

My point is not against alcohol. As I stated before, sometimes I will go have a drink with my friends. In this case, there is no difference between that and a Coke, because I do not get drunk or get in any way affected by it. My feeling is that if you lose any amount of control, you have gone to far. Not just in alcohol, but in anything. If you get so angry that you can't think straight and start doing things you normally wouldn't do, then you have gone to far. It's called balance, intelligence, and responsibility. However, I completely respect the people who feel straight out that alcohol is wrong, and I won't ever try to convince them that my way is right.

To me this is a moral conviction, but it doesn't really matter if you agree with that or not. The bottom line is that if you are drunk and your hurt someone because you couldn't control yourself, you are in a lot of trouble. If you drink and drive, you will lose your license and if you kill someone you will spend a very long time in prison. The public doesn't tolerate this kind of stupidity anymore. They'll ignore you if you are stupid enough to drink yourself to death, and you will if you make this a habit; just don't hurt anyone else or you won't find a single sympathetic person.

IM DRUNK - Dark Jaguar - 25th August 2003

I myself am one of those people who won't drink no matter what that you mention LL, but I won't be forcing others to share such a view (though I will force them to stop if they start turning yellow and smelling of urine, well the urine smell might happen long before liver malfunction when alchohol is concerned..., plus I'll take their keys, with my magnet watch because I'm not exactly a strong person, well it's not really a STRONG magnet so much as a watch I rubbed a magnet on in one direction over and over that KINDA has a pull on really small iron filings now, at least that's the watch I dream of having...), since as you said it's not really bad until it's out and out drunkitude. I mean, Jesus drank wine and all, but wine at the time was far more dilute. It was almost fermented water. But, it certainly wasn't "grape juice" like some Sunday schools would have kids believe. I just don't want to risk the chance I might have some genetic trigger about alchoholism in my brain just waiting for that one first time. Sure I can still resist and all, free will and such, but I can live without the temptation, which is a very annoying thing. It's not a blind fear, my family does have a history of getting addicted to substances easily. I'll just be avoiding them if you please. Not like I hurt relationships over it. When I say "no thanks", my friends don't make a big deal about it and we just go on like normal.

Yeah, I like the stories where it starts out with a strong conviction and I end up defending myself on something I don't need to defend myself on. It shows both blind judging AND a lack of self confidence in my own ideals all at once. It's funny that way.

Sorry, Laser Link; it's not you...just OB1...I just...hate him so much, some times it spreads over and affects others. No hard feelings.

Quote:I just don't want to risk the chance I might have some genetic trigger about alchoholism in my brain just waiting for that one first time
Exactly. That is a concern. Some people are more prone to alcoholism than others, and one drink can hook you. One time doing pot can hook you too. It's hardly the harmless drug people sometimes think it is. One joint is the equivalent to 10 cigarettes in terms of the damage it does to your body.

My guideline is if you need it, then don't drink. If you want it to make you feel better or forget about your problems, don't drink. If you want to drink because your friends are, don't do it. In any of those cases, alcohol is not going to fix your problems, it will only make you froget about them for a time and then come back twice as hard in a few hours. Then how do you cope with that? Drink more?

Sorry, Laser Link; it's not you...just OB1...I just...hate him so much, some times it spreads over and affects others. No hard feelings.

Haha, what do you expect? You like Quest 64 more than Metroid Prime, for crying out loud. How can you expect us not to make fun of you??!

S'okay, I just wanted to point it out. It would be a miserable way to live, thinking that everyone hates you all the time.

I don't think anyone here hates Darunia, we're just annoyed by him.

Tough beans, OB1, 'cuz I still hate you.

Success! :stupid:

...ok.

Couldn't you find a higher-quality Lupin image for that avatar?? Good grief.

I tried... and believe it or not, no I couldn't. That's one of him reading a letter, and I had to blow it up to scale it right. Other pics weren't of the same show that they had on Adult Swim, or for other reasons weren't any good.

Just how lazy are you? I did a quick google search and came up with these. Some good, some not. You be the judge:

[Image: lupin.jpe]
You should use this one.

[Image: lup_doa.jpg]
Alright alright, it's obvious why I posted this, but... oh shut up.

[Image: lupin_live-action.gif]
Never mind, use this one!!

Then when you're done with these you can watch this awesome movie for inspiration: http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/zenigweb/

Let me reiterate for the deaf and hard of hearing:

Other pics weren't of the same show that they had on Adult Swim...

I only wanted a pic from the same series they showed on Adult Swim. To have a pic of a different show, would be like wanting a picture of Indiana Jones but settling for one of Han Solo. Same guy underneath, different façade.

Some more!

[Image: Lupin.JPG]

[Image: CosPlay_04.jpg]

[Image: CosPlay_18.jpg]

[Image: lupin.jpg]

LOL @ THOSE PICS...!