Tendo City
The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! (/showthread.php?tid=962)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 9th September 2003

Skies is more fun, for sure... Wind Waker is good, but just is lacking in those qualities that make a game go from good to truly great...

Oh, and I don't like random battles (I said years ago that I can tolerate menu-based combat... I don't like it nearly as much as BG-style strategic combat, of course, but its tolerable...)! They are quite annoying! I just don't think that, after playing more of games with them, that I hate them so much that it always completely ruins the fun of these games... they'd be better without, but if I must take the random combat I guess I will. But I definitely would like them to drop them.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - OB1 - 9th September 2003

90% of the gameplay in Skies are the battles...

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 10th September 2003

I wouldn't say 90%... you spend a lot of time doing other things. And remember, this is the Cube version which has slightly fewer random battles, and speeds up the battle system somewhat, while upping the rewards of combat to make up for the somewhat fewer battles...

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - OB1 - 10th September 2003

OK, 85% then. That's still a lot.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Moiraine - 10th September 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Skies is more fun, for sure... Wind Waker is good, but just is lacking in those qualities that make a game go from good to truly great...

I love Skies of Arcadia.
859~ My webmaster class..

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 10th September 2003

More than half? Yes... but I'm not sure about it being that high. And its fun! It does wear on me after a while, though, which is why I generally can't play it for more than two or three hours at a time...

Everything else about the game is fun, but I couldn't stand the battle system.

What's wrong with the battle system? Its better than many other games in the genre, for sure... specials don't take overly long, good pacing, and you can see enemy healthbars...

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Darunia - 10th September 2003

858 ~ Affirmative action.

Wow, this has got to be a first. ABF asking me what's wrong with a turn-based, console RPG battle system! Pretty soon I expect to see a flock of pigs fly outside.

The battle system is just very simple and gets very tedious. I can't stand simple, repetitive console RPG battle systems. They ruin the games for me. Give me Grandia's battle system any day of the week!

Haven't played Grandia...

Best turn-based console RPG battle system there is. The only one I can play for forty hours and not get sick of.

Huh.... so is it a strategic system or something?

More than any other regular console RPG, yes.

Huh... sounds good. I should try to find one of them somehow...

Just make sure you stay away from the PS2 version of Grandia 2. The only version worth getting is the DC one. The PSX port of Grandia 1 is good, although the voice acting is horrendous.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - -_____- - 10th September 2003

OOO, yes! the DC version of Grandia II was spectacular!! you must get!

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 11th September 2003

I think there was a PC port...

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - OB1 - 11th September 2003

Yeah but it's just as bad as the PS2 port. See for yourself: http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/531098.asp

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 11th September 2003

What does that page prove?

Oh, and how are the PS2 and, I assume, PC ones bad?

Also... its not like I could get anything other than the PC version anyway...

That page has a bunch of links to reviews of the PC port.

The PC and PS2 versions are fine I suppose, but they're just so much worse than the DC version in almost every single way that I really can't reccomend them. Just go out and buy a used DC!

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Moiraine - 11th September 2003

857 ~ Dr. Phill...

But some reviews (inc. Gamespot) of the PC game say its a straight DC port...

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Great Rumbler - 11th September 2003

I heard that the PS2 version had a lot of glitches and that the graphics weren't as good.

The PC version is not just a straight port. The graphics are much worse in the PS2 and PC ports than in the DC one.

Then why do reviews say it is?

Because the gamespot people are stupid. The PC version is actually a port of the PS2 version.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 12th September 2003

They do say the graphics aren't the greatest...

Oh, and why would the versions for better systems have worse graphics?

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - OB1 - 12th September 2003

What else? The usual case of a lazy port.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 12th September 2003

Ah. :(

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Darunia - 15th September 2003

856 ~ How white men are the only non-minority in the USA. Even fuckin' women are a minority even though there's more of them.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Great Rumbler - 15th September 2003

855 - Overhangs that drip on you when it rains.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - OB1 - 15th September 2003

854- How we have nearly 400 posts in this thread but we're only at #854. Haha

I blame ABF.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 15th September 2003

I blame you! I contributed like 15 items to the list... have you?

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Great Rumbler - 15th September 2003

Most of your contributions were about OB1, so they doesn't really count since they were all basicaly that same thing.

Yeah so suck on that, ABF! :shakeit:

853- bees.

852 - Games about bees.

851- Pinobee and Buck Bumble fans.

850 - Games about super bricks.

849- Pan & Scan

848 - DVD cases that list interactive menus as "special features".

847- The new "Leon" Superbit DVD, which is actually worse than the last release. Superbit is all about getting the best picture quality (or bitrate, hence the name) possible on a DVD, and they used the same transfer from the last disc! And then they managed to make the sound worse.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 15th September 2003

Uh, no. In one post I listed 13 things in one post... only two or three were about OB1. :)

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Darunia - 16th September 2003

846 ~ Commuting to college.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 16th September 2003

845 - college cafeteria meals

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Darunia - 17th September 2003

844 ~ English teachers!

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Moiraine - 18th September 2003

843~ Hurricane Isabell (and I am sure I spelled that wrong...)

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - OB1 - 18th September 2003

You sure did! :p

842 - Having to wait until May 2005 to see Episode III. The wait is killing me!

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Fittisize - 18th September 2003

841-Having to wait until November to see The Matrix Revelations.

Godamn, I cannot wait.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 18th September 2003

840 - the New York Yankees, for winning the AL East yet AGAIN... meaning that for the 6th year in a row the AL East will finish NY, Boston, Toronto, Baltimore, and Tampa (in that order). :(

839 - shipping buggy/incomplete games (i'm sure its here but it should be on again. :) )

838 - mainstream consumer taste in video and computer games