Tendo City
The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! (/showthread.php?tid=962)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Great Rumbler - 22nd August 2003

941 - Dogs that bark ALL THE TIME and at EVERYTHING. Like mine.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - OB1 - 22nd August 2003

940- Moiraine's great, convincing arguments. Rolleyes

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Moiraine - 22nd August 2003

939 ~ Jack Osbourne

OB1 what the fuck are you talkin about?! I haven't been into an arguement with you,so it is kinda hard to BE convincing in that sense dumbshit :shakeit:

938- stupid people.

You just said "OB1's ignorance" and left it at that, with no explanation or anything. Ignorance towards what? Everybody is ignorant towards lots of things.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - EdenMaster - 22nd August 2003

937 - People who feel the need to inhale something purely to giggle, see pretty colors, and need munchies for an hour or so. Oxygen works fine for me, keep your marijuana, and stop assuming we've all been brainwashed. We're actually smart enough to know what's good to breathe in and what isn't, and for you to not know the difference, well then you, my friend, are the idiot.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Great Rumbler - 22nd August 2003

936 - When computers don't do what you want them to.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Moiraine - 22nd August 2003

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
You just said "OB1's ignorance" and left it at that, with no explanation or anything. Ignorance towards what? [b]Everybody is ignorant towards lots of things. [/B]

Case in point... Rolleyes Anyways...

935 ~ SAT tests...

934- People who don't make any sense and don't appear to want to make any sense.

Case in point? What point??

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - -iLluSiON- - 22nd August 2003

933 -
when threads turn into moral debates and flames.

some of you people take stuff way too far and seriously.

eden, that's not what really happens. that's also not why i've done it in the past. i haven't done it in months, but i just hate when people automatically hate something. as for those who have taken general psychology or are in college, stop being type A people and become type B people!

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Darunia - 22nd August 2003

932 ~ OB1's unwavering belief that he is never wrong.

931-

Darunia's unwillingness to accept that I'm always right. :shakeit:

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Darunia - 23rd August 2003

930 ~ OB1's blatant sarcasm and endlessly rude and annoying use of the *rolls eyes* and the *mooning* emoticons.

*Declares formal state of war on OB1*

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - OB1 - 23rd August 2003

929- Darunia's unintentional cuteness from being such a baby. Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit:

*Goron 2nd Army (185,000) mobilize near Death Mountain. Marches out and joins the 5th Division (32,000) near the Hyrule-US border.*

*Goron Grand Army marches into OB1's hometown. OB1 established a line of defense by locking himself in his closet. 15,000 Goron troops begin shelling his house; raze it to ashes with him inside.*

*In the Treaty of OB1 Sucks, signed at Reykjavik on August 23rd, OB1 recognizes that he is an asshole, that he has no life offline, and cedes his backyard to the Goron Empire. Further more, he is strapped with a $3.6 billion dollar indemnity.*

*End 75th Goron-OB1 War.*

Uh... why didn't you just kill me during the last 74 wars?

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Great Rumbler - 23rd August 2003

928 - People who get off-topic [only applies to countdowns].

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Dark Jaguar - 23rd August 2003

Can't say I helped the situation, but I knew it was inevitable after a certain point that the entire premise of this thing would collapse what with OB1 arguing in here.

927 - Magical bunion curses.

926-

DJ not being able to tell if people are joking or not.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - -iLluSiON- - 23rd August 2003

925-
asshole customers at any work environment..

924 ~ Pop-up windows, flashing and colorful, and promising free gifts and the likes there of.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 24th August 2003

I haven't seen more than a couple dozen popup windows, nearly all from my infrequent unfortunate instances when I had to use IE, in nine months. That's no problem if you try to solve it... via either a decent browser or some popup blocker software.

923. People who complain about issues while refusing to consider using easily available and painless solutions to them.

Oh yeah.

LL... the New York Yankees are far beyond 'annoying'... completely evil is more like it. The most evil entity in sports. Beyond the scope of this list. :)

But maybe repeated listings make it stronger...

922. the New York Yankees.

921. OB1's belief that if he was wrong sometime here he'd admit it but since he never is he doesn't have to.

Slightly different from Darunia's statement at 932...

Oh yeah, and OB1... I HAVE admitted that I am wrong when I have been wrong! That is a fact! You have not! So stop saying that I'm exactly the same. I'm not. :)

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - EdenMaster - 24th August 2003

920 - The fact that my car is almost 3/4 the age I am. I don't know whether to nickname it "Rust Bucket" or "Money Pit".

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - OB1 - 24th August 2003

919-

ABF for being really stupid and having a really bad memory.

Does that count as two entries?

I have admitted that I'm wrong before, like the time when me and DJ were talking about monitors.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 24th August 2003

But not in the dozen-plus arguements with me where you have been wrong and everyone except you knew it.

Well you see the thing with the arguments between you and me is that you're just about always wrong, and I'm not about to admit that I'm wrong when I know that I'm right.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - EdenMaster - 24th August 2003

Okay, let's assume OB1 and ABF are both wrong and right. Can we do that, kiddies?

Okay.

Because of course when its about ten people to one (you) that you are wrong you're right, naturally. Yup.

When is it ever ten to one? It's usually just me and you, and you are so wrong all of the time.

I was talking specifically about some arguements mostly some time ago where it was blindingly obvious that you were wrong to everyone but you never would even begin to admit it. Of course I don't expect you to start now, since of COURSE you're always right!

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - OB1 - 25th August 2003

Well when it comes to arguments with you, of course I'm right! You're so wrong so often that it's simply no contest.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Darunia - 25th August 2003

...and then when he said Wind Waker had more original enemy types than OoT, even though they only use a few dozen. Everyone sides with me, but OB1 dragged it long and out, kicking and screaming until SOMEONE CLOSED THE THREAD.

918 ~ OB1, period.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 25th August 2003

Quote: ...and then when he said Wind Waker had more original enemy types than OoT, even though they only use a few dozen. Everyone sides with me, but OB1 dragged it long and out, kicking and screaming until SOMEONE CLOSED THE THREAD.

Perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Another one is how OB1 still insists, as far as I know, that text-based computer games aren't games...

They're not video games, and that is that. They are PC games, but there is no visual aspect to them so by definition they are not video games. Video games are electronic games where you manipulate images on the screen.

The WW debate was about which game had the greater variety of enemies types, and Darunia lost that debate.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - A Black Falcon - 25th August 2003

They aren't videogames because they are on PCs. However, if someone made a console game that was text-based, it'd be a video game.

Video... sure, it doesn't have pictures, but it has text and is interactive. Text -- image on screen... I'd say that that qualifies as "video"...

The only game with no visual aspect is a game that occurs with sound only on a black screen.

Oh, and OB1... it was about NUMBER of enemies originally. You changed the debate (something you accuse me of doing all the time!) in the middle when you saw you were losing...

If you consider those text-based game to be video games, then I can also say that changing directories in DOS is also a video game, since you're manipulating text on the screen. So I guess the first video game ever made wasn't in fact Tic Tac Toe (or Tennis for Two), but rather DOS!

The WW debate was about which game had more enemy types, because it's cheating to say that "this game has more kinds of enemies because it has ten kinds of flaming heads instead of just three!".

Quote:If you consider those text-based game to be video games, then I can also say that changing directories in DOS is also a video game, since you're manipulating text on the screen. So I guess the first video game ever made wasn't in fact Tic Tac Toe (or Tennis for Two), but rather DOS!

Oh come on here you are just being an idiot. DOS IS NOT A GAME... duh. Something that isn't a GAME cannot be any form of GAME. That is ... obvious...

Quote:The WW debate was about which game had more enemy types, because it's cheating to say that "this game has more kinds of enemies because it has ten kinds of flaming heads instead of just three!".

I disagree. Normal, Fire, and Ice Keeses are different enough to count as seperate types of enemies... its not "cheating" to count varieties of enemies as different enemies, since they are different!

Quote:Oh come on here you are just being an idiot. DOS IS NOT A GAME... duh. Something that isn't a GAME cannot be any form of GAME. That is ... obvious...

Ah, but what if I consider changing directories to be a really fun game? My point is that something cannot be considered a video game is there is no visual manipulation involved.

Quote:I disagree. Normal, Fire, and Ice Keeses are different enough to count as seperate types of enemies... its not "cheating" to count varieties of enemies as different enemies, since they are different!

Oh please, they're different flavors of the same enemy!

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Great Rumbler - 25th August 2003

Could we please stick to the topic of the thread, people?

917 - Trying to get DOS games to run in Windows.

916- Trying to convince stupid ABF and Darunia that they're wrong about something. Those two should start a club, they're so much alike.

The WW debate was about which game had the greater variety of enemies types, and Darunia lost that debate.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, ARE YOU FOR REAL!? THAT IS NOT WHAT IT WAS EVER ABOUT AND YOU GODDAMN WELL KNOW IT! IT WAS ABOUT WHICH GAME HAD MORE DIFFERENT ENEMY TYPES...OOT HAS MANY MORE, PERIOD. YOU LOST, YOU FUCKING PRICK!

915 ~ Nazis.

:erm2:

Calm down, youngin'. I think it's time for you do take your medicine. *hands Darunia some horse tranquilizers*

Keese counts as one type, and the other "flavors" (ice, fire, etc.) are sub-types. So when you only count the pure enemy types, both games have a similar number of enemies.

Keese counts as one type, and the other "flavors" (ice, fire, etc.) are sub-types.

You say it with such an air of confidence, it must be true! No, OB1, just because you say that these "flavors" don't count doesn't mean they do, and even if they didn't, OoT would still have more enemies...even if only by ONE, it does, and you are wrong.

So a bunch of pallette-swapped enemies is what you'd call unique??

Your original argument was that there were way more enemies in OoT than in WW, when the difference is actually very small.

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Great Rumbler - 25th August 2003

Take your arguement to a Wind Waker thread, you fruit loops!!

I like chocolate keese...

The One Thousand Most Annoying Things Ever!! - Private Hudson - 25th August 2003

Quote:So I guess the first video game ever made wasn't in fact Tic Tac Toe (or Tennis for Two), but rather DOS!

Hahah.

What the hell? Tic-Tac-Toe came out decades before DOS did you idiot. :D

Oh, and I don't know where you got your definition of a videogame from (Dictionary.com I'm assuming), but originally, they were called videogames because it was an appartus that displays games using RASTER VIDEO equipment: a television set, a monitor, etc.

914 ~~ Taking my shirt off.

Why, so it can be shut down again.

Your original argument was that there were way more enemies in OoT than in WW, when the difference is actually very small.

Don't you fucking tell me what my original argument was. Doesn't anyone see what he's doing...it was so clear-cut.

DARUNIA: OOT Has more different kinds of enemies than WW.
OB1: No it doesn't.

later...

DARUNIA: OOT Has more different kinds of enemies than WW.
OB1: That's not what you said before, before you said OoT had many more, and you didn't mean actual types, you meant "flavors"....(more bullshit spews out.)

You sure have a bad memory. You first stated that OoT had many many more types of enemies than WW did, not just a few.

Either way I won though. What did WW have in the end, 50 or so? OoT 70? That's 50% more than WW easily; I count that as many.