Tendo City
Crossroads of Twilight - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Crossroads of Twilight (/showthread.php?tid=96)

Crossroads of Twilight - Laser Link - 13th January 2003

Wheel of Time book 10 is out as of last Tuesday. Just remember the spoiler tags, and maybe mention what chapter or character the spoiler refers to so we know whether to read it or not. I know there are a couple WoT fans around here, and shame on you if you don't have it yet. Now, discuss.

Crossroads of Twilight - Great Rumbler - 13th January 2003

I haven't got it yet, but I will as soon as I can.

Crossroads of Twilight - Weltall - 13th January 2003

Crossroads of Twilight - Great Rumbler - 13th January 2003

How many more books are there supposed to be??

Two, I think. I'm not sure if RJ ever specified that though.

He mentioned that he thought it would finish in two more books, but he originally thought the whole series would only take three.

How did you read the entire book in 2 days?!?!?! That's unreal! I am flying through this, at 100 pages a day. I always aimed for 100 in a paperback book, so I was pretty impressed with myself. I'm not a slow reader either. You rock Weltall.

Crossroads of Twilight - A Black Falcon - 13th January 2003

I must get this! Now! :(

Crossroads of Twilight - Dark Jaguar - 13th January 2003

I think he read it in one day because he had a whole day to kill. That's how I get my quick reading done anyway.

Quote:Originally posted by Laser Link
He mentioned that he thought it would finish in two more books, but he originally thought the whole series would only take three.

How did you read the entire book in 2 days?!?!?! That's unreal! I am flying through this, at 100 pages a day. I always aimed for 100 in a paperback book, so I was pretty impressed with myself. I'm not a slow reader either. You rock Weltall.

I'm an incredibly obsessive reader. Given the right conditions I can sit and tear through a large book in hours (and do nothing else whatsoever at the time), and still understand it just fine. I somehow naturally developed speed-reading abilities.

It's kinda funny when you think about it, EoTW took me almost two weeks... I'd say, on average, a Jordan book takes me about three or four days.

Oh yeah, I only paid $15 for my copy. I love non-franchise book stores :)

Crossroads of Twilight - WhiteFleck - 14th January 2003

I've heard anyone can develop speed reading if they stop saying the words in their heads. That's what slows it down, usually.

Crossroads of Twilight - Weltall - 14th January 2003

Quote:Originally posted by WhiteFleck
I've heard anyone can develop speed reading if they stop saying the words in their heads. That's what slows it down, usually.

Maybe. I've never done that, so that could be it.

Crossroads of Twilight - Laser Link - 14th January 2003