Tendo City
FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 (/showthread.php?tid=951)

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Great Rumbler - 14th August 2003

Japanese people really like soccer games...and RPGs.

Quote:Here's the official software and hardware charts for the week of August 4th-10th in Japan. The GameCube has gone from 12 thousand console sales last week to about double that this week as Square-Enix's GameCube-exclusive RPG is released. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is a tremendous success -- appearing on the charts for only three days it has sold 194,000 units. The only title that beat it out is the always-popular Konami soccer game Winning Eleven 7 that was released earlier in the week. Four other GBA titles and Kirby's Air Ride fill up the top ten.

1. PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 -- 642,400 / 642,400
2. GCN Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles -- 194,100 / 194,100
3. PS2 Salmon Knight 3 156,300 / 156,300
4. GBA Super Robot Great War D -- 113,600 / 113,600
5. GBA Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire -- 38,400 / 77,800
6. GBA The Masters -- 35,800 / 35,800
7. PS2 Live Powerful Pro Baseball 10 -- 31,300 / 392,700
8. PS2 Gundam Seed -- 29,400 / 165,900
9. GBA Super Mario Advance 4 -- 28,500 / 248,000
10. GCN Kirby's Air Ride -- 27,700 / 208,200

1. Playstation 2 -- 46,300 / 1,825,700
2. Game Boy Advance SP -- 44,500 / 1,436,000
3. GameCube -- 23,800 / 408,500
4. Game Boy Advance -- 14,700 / 985,700
5. Playstation -- 800 / 51,300
6. Xbox -- 580 / 70,500

Go, Nintendo!!

N-Philes

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Dark Jaguar - 14th August 2003

The way they seperate GBA and GBA SP kinda doesn't make it immediatly clear that the GBA has sold a chunk more than the PS2. Oh well...

Never been a soccer fan myself. Even though Crystal Chronicles is in second, it's in distant second it would seem, selling roughly a 3rd as much as this soccer game.

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Private Hudson - 14th August 2003

It's a very popular (and very good) soccer game.

Puts Fifa to shame.

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Great Rumbler - 14th August 2003

And there are quite a few more PS2 owners than GC owners, that can make a big of difference too.

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Dark Jaguar - 14th August 2003

Yes indeed, I wasn't saying this is bad news, or drawing any conclusions really, just stating a fact that's already presented in the data. It's still selling rather well. Here's the question, will this popularity be maintained for the duration? That would seperate it from all the GCN's other games.

Well, FF: CC sold that much in only 3 days, while Winning Eleven was released earlier in the week. So, I think it's safe to say that FF: CC is going to sell quite a bit more.

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - OB1 - 14th August 2003

Are you sure about that? I don't think any Gamecube game has sold well for more than the first couple weeks of its release.

OB1, if you don't stop being so negative I'm going to take my fist and shove it straight up your *The rest of this post has been deleted by the Morality Police*

Quit editing my posts, you *The poster of this message has been aprehended by the Morality Police and is now undergoing "reducation"*

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - OB1 - 14th August 2003

There's a lot to be negative about when it comes to Nintendo. I love their games more than anyone else's, but they're really not doing much to help change their current situation. It's very disheartening.

First of all, I didn't mean that FF: CC would become like a million seller or something, but I would be very surprised if it didn't at least reach 600k.

Second of all, JUST PLAY NINTENDO'S GAMES AND BE HAPPY! Worrying about their business practices will only give you ulcers.

Closing my eyes to problems won't make them go away. It doesn't really help things either, but I want to know if Nintendo is doing well or not.

Opening your eyes to their problems won't make them go away either. Sure, it's important to know what Nintendo is doing, but you don't have to negative about! Cheer up and be happy! Turn that frown upside down!!

I say just play the games and be happy you have 'em.

I'm not like that.

Not like...what?

I can't look at someone I care about dying in the streets while I enjoy their sandwiches.

A human is dying?! Oh wait, you're comparing a company to a human as though they stand as equal life forms...

And the sandwich represents my fear of dinosaurs.

Except in this case you can't help the person, because you aren't in a position to do so. It's like worrying about people starving on the moon, you worry about it but really there isn't anything you can do to help them short of doing something very costly.

Dinosaurs are cool.

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Dark Lord Neo - 14th August 2003

I see X-Box is still doing poorly over there

Well nobody cares about Canada. :p

I care about this because I'm worried that Nintendo won't survive in the hardware business for very long. I know it doesn't help to worry, but that's the kind of person I am.

A "worry wart" eh? Don't you know worrying is a sin in many religions?

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Dark Lord Neo - 14th August 2003

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
Well nobody cares about Canada. :p

What does X-Box doing poorly in Japan have to do with Canada?

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Nintendarse - 14th August 2003

By the way, that 194K for FFCC was 76-ish percent of the initial shipment. Doing a simple proportion reveals that Nintendo shipped 250,000 copies of the game. Hopefully, the demand will stay high and Nintendo will be able to meet it.

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - lazyfatbum - 15th August 2003

Quote:Don't you know worrying is a sin in many religions?

Then everyone I know will be in hell with me.

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - OB1 - 15th August 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Lord Neo
What does X-Box doing poorly in Japan have to do with Canada?

Oops, I thought you said "here", not "there".

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Great Rumbler - 15th August 2003

Japanese people really don't like the Xbox.

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - lazyfatbum - 16th August 2003

ZERO!!!!!!

:love:MICROSOFT CHIBI XBOX FUN LOVE OF ASIANS:love:

COURAGE! GOOD MADE FROM SUPER DURABLE PLASTIC AND CHIPS!

Mr. Nacho: HUH???

NO!!! WE MEAN REVOLUTIONARY MICRO CHIPS FROM MICROSOFT THAT USE SPECIAL TECHNOLOGY FOR ASIANS!

Hakuri-san: OH! SPECIAL DESIGN ENCRIPTION DATA IS GO FOR JAPANESE???

Xiang Qui: POPULATION ZERO!! FROM MICROSOFT BRING FOR YOU MANY LUCK ON FUTURE PURCHASE!!! TRY FREE SAMPLE???

Yo To Po Ku Panda Empire: MANY ASIANS AGREE WITH US!

Robocop: IT IS!!!!

REVVVVVVOOOOOOLUTIONARY!!!! NO FREE SAMPLES BUT MADE WITH *SPECIAL ENCRIPTION PACKAGE*!

WHAT IS?????? SING!!!!!!!!!!

HAI!!!!!!!!!!! HAI!!!!!!!!!! SUPER FUN BRICK!!! :love:
HAI!!!!!!!!!!! HAI!!!!!!!!!! REVOLUTIONARY CONTROL STICKS! :love:
HAI!!!!!!!!!!! HAI!!!!!!!!!! PROPAGANDA PAGODA RULE EARTH!!!!

NEW ENCRIPTION THEORY! GOOD READ FOR YOU!

Dr Maki of Tokyo Electronics District University interview on Encription Theory
March 6th 1998

How is it that new encription technology will be good?

Dr. Maki: Find good use with encription the Sony bring now "HORI!!! HORI NO DENSTEU!!!!" of women digging new projectiles down tree of few necters.

Is this real for us???

Dr. Maki: Yes!!!

AMAZING CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE MAKE O.J. WEAR GLOVE!!!

NOW ALL CONSOLE XBOX IN JAPAN CHINA AND ASIA GOOD FOR NEW CREATION SEE MENU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crach Nandicoof
Rom Clankie's SPITTING CELL
GALO

SOON MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love:MICROSOFT CHIBI XBOX FUN LOVE OF ASIANS:love:

RELEASE NOW A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMY!!!!!!

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Great Rumbler - 16th August 2003

Hahahahaha!! Chuckle Chuckle

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - Nintendarse - 18th August 2003

That should be considered mental rape.

FF: CC sells 200k in Japan, but is topped by World Soccer Winning Eleven 7 - OB1 - 18th August 2003

[Image: 20030818l.gif]

Haha