Tendo City
Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Official TC Ava-Comics Thread (/showthread.php?tid=912)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Weltall - 24th October 2003

This one is a direct continuation of GR's recent storyline...

[Image: attachment.php?s=&postid=31327]

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 24th October 2003

Another funny comic... :)

That does look painful...

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - OB1 - 24th October 2003

Hahaha, great stuff fellas.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 24th October 2003

Oh no! ABF has been crushed by Wonder Bread!!

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Dark Jaguar - 24th October 2003

Oh I wonder wonder who I wonder who... what's in a wonder bread?

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 24th October 2003

Wonder Bread is the most squishy, least ... well, breadlike... bread in existence... how it can hurt someone at all is a mystery. That's why its funny... :)

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 24th October 2003

It's really a Wonder Bread bag full of rocks. :)

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - OB1 - 25th October 2003

It's wonderbread... of the UNDEAD!!!

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Dark Jaguar - 25th October 2003

Billy's got a stick... He's going to kick some zombie butt with a stick...

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 29th October 2003

It's been a while since I made my last comic, but fret not loyal fans because I have something that's almost not nearly quite as good! In-depth analyses! They provide insights into the inspirations for the comics and helps you get into the know of the inside jokes.

Comic Analysis

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 1st November 2003

Another comics is here! It's the 50th comics [yay!] in my grand series of humorous humor and adventurous adventures!

50 - 50th Comics Anniversary Party

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 1st November 2003

Hmm... dumb. DJ is right, you ARE OB1's lackey... :) (yes, I know (or at least think) that you are joking about that because of DJ's comments... but still... dumb...)

And anyway, OB1 was accusing DJ of throwing rocks without backing it up, not me... :)

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 1st November 2003

Quote:And anyway, OB1 was accusing DJ of throwing rocks without backing it up, not me...

I never claimed anything in my comics were factually correct. :p

Quote:Hmm... dumb. DJ is right, you ARE OB1's lackey... (yes, I know (or at least think) that you are joking about that because of DJ's comments... but still... dumb...)

Actually, based slightly on DJ comments, but really, you guys are all throwing rocks at each other just like in the comic!! Anyway, getting hit with a rock isn't dumb! It's funny! Well, in comics it is anyway!

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 1st November 2003

Well, true, it is definitely factually incorrect in many strips... :)

Hmm, throwing rocks at eachother... I wouldn't characterize it quite like that, but whatever.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 2nd November 2003

It's based on the old saying that states if you stand to close to an arguement you'll be struck be a stray comment! Except in this case the comment is a large, gray rock, but it works on the same principal, you see.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - OB1 - 5th November 2003

GR is my lackey? Confused

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 5th November 2003

*shrugs*

I don't get it...

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 5th November 2003

I was wrong, I read the comic incorrectly. GR is making fun of all three of us...

Oh yeah, and it was DJ who thought that GR was acting like your lackey, I disagreed with her... ask DJ to explain, I guess. I don't know.

Dj is odd.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 6th November 2003

She said I was because I kept agreeing with you are something like that.

I have another comic coming sometime later today. ABF might not like it. But, unlike CBS I don't back down from outside pressures!! I'll never censor my work!! NEVER!!

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - OB1 - 6th November 2003

CBS?

The Reagan mini-series? Don't you watch the news?

Not entertainment news...

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Dark Jaguar - 6th November 2003

More and more stations are advertising that they have the MOST ENTERTAINING news! I wasn't sure whether to laugh or vomit... Seriously, is there ANYTHING more sickening than the very idea of trying to have the most entertaining news?!

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
Not entertainment news...

It's a lot more than that actually.

Anyway, I'll clue you in. The Reagan mini-series was made by liberals and it starred liberals. Apparently it portrayed the Reagans very badly, most of the stuff was completely made up, though CBS claimed to have sources. Lots of people got mad and complained so CBS edited it down and then shipped to Showtime.

Here it is!

51 - Poison and Insurance

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 6th November 2003

Ooh! GR knows how good the CBS miniseries is! Tell me, GR, did you go in and steal a copy or did you use your powers of telekinesis to transport it to your home? Because there's no other way you, or anyone else complaining about it, could know, given that NONE OF THE CRITICS HAVE SEEN IT! Idiots!

Oh no, someone might have a *gasp* REALISTIC portrayal of Reagan! Oh horror, we must make such a fuss that we get CBS to wimp out and "volontarially" rip the thing to pieces to satisfy the idiots... great...

Now I don't remember Reagan too well, but I sure remember my parents never understanding how anyone liked him given how awful so many of his policies were... and I am sure that CBS presented a factual account of Reagan's presidency. The problem is, right now Reagan is the great shining example of conservatism and the Republicans can't let anyone remember all the bad aspects of his presidency, so they resort to draconian measures like this...

Hahaha, great comic, Johnny.

Quote:Ooh! GR knows how good the CBS miniseries is! Tell me, GR, did you go in and steal a copy or did you use your powers of telekinesis to transport it to your home? Because there's no other way you, or anyone else complaining about it, could know, given that NONE OF THE CRITICS HAVE SEEN IT! Idiots!

Oh no, someone might have a *gasp* REALISTIC portrayal of Reagan! Oh horror, we must make such a fuss that we get CBS to wimp out and "volontarially" rip the thing to pieces to satisfy the idiots... great...

Now I don't remember Reagan too well, but I sure remember my parents never understanding how anyone liked him given how awful so many of his policies were... and I am sure that CBS presented a factual account of Reagan's presidency. The problem is, right now Reagan is the great shining example of conservatism and the Republicans can't let anyone remember all the bad aspects of his presidency, so they resort to draconian measures like this...

It's really great that you didn't over-react to my obviously outrageous comments! I mean, your just so calm and in control of you emotions! I'd be going crazy if I were in you position! I mean, how dare I attack this mini-series which people who have seen segments claim puts the Reagans in a bad light and reportedly contains many things with no factual basis?! It's just insane that I could protest against something that's so fair and balanced! I must be crazy! Hahaha, that's me! Crazy conservative! There's no telling what I might do next! I could burn down an orphanage or complain about the liberal media at any moment!

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - OB1 - 7th November 2003

And ABF says that I overreact all of the time. Rolleyes

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 7th November 2003

That had nothing to do with the comic, BTW -- I didn't read it until after posting that. I was just reacting to what you said in the thread... and it wasn't really much of an overreaction. I just have an inherited dislike of Reagan. :)

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 7th November 2003

Quote:I was just reacting to what you said in the thread... and it wasn't really much of an overreaction.

Yeah, it really was. But, I'll forgive you this time. :)

Quote:I just have an inherited dislike of Reagan.

Inhereted like as in genetics or like in a will?

Lawyer: And to my nephew ABF I leave my entire hatred of President Ronald Reagen.

ABF: Oh yeah! In your face!

Quote:Yeah, it really was. But, I'll forgive you this time.

You said

Quote:Anyway, I'll clue you in. The Reagan mini-series was made by liberals and it starred liberals. Apparently it portrayed the Reagans very badly, most of the stuff was completely made up, though CBS claimed to have sources. Lots of people got mad and complained so CBS edited it down and then shipped to Showtime.

. I think it was quite appropriate...

Quote:Inhereted like as in genetics are like in a will?

Lawyer: And to my nephew ABF I leave my entire hatred of President Ronald Reagen.

ABF: Oh yeah! In your face!

Like my parents couldn't stand him and I got it from them... isn't that how most people get their politics? :)

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Weltall - 7th November 2003

The Reagan miniseries, by most accounts, is a very, very inaccurate and melodramatic trashing of the greatest president ever.

Of course, regardless of whether you like him or whether you're an idiot, it is awfully bad taste to smear him like that while he's alive and suffering like that. He can't defend himself anymore.

So because he's sick we're supposed to act like he was a great president or something? Erm

And anyway, he's had it since at least when he was in office, probably before...

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Weltall - 7th November 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
So because he's sick we're supposed to act like he was a great president or something? Erm

And anyway, he's had it since at least when he was in office, probably before...

No, they could wait until after he dies to smear his great name. I mean, I know most liberals appreciate rotten taste, but this is ridiculous.

And besides which, he was a great president. The best of the 20th century, if not ever.

That's my opinion. Yours is obviously different, and I don't care why. I know your reasoning will include your normal brand of delusion, hatred and anti-logic, so spare me the explanation. I'll just accept what is and abort yet another pointless argument.

Greatest president of the 20th century... I don't know. FDR is the only one that comes immediately to mind as a good candidate... he had flaws too but did better than anyone else I can think of, overall.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 8th November 2003

Can it be?! A new story-line?! Yes it can! And it is!

52 - The Quest for Dark Jaguar

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 8th November 2003

Evil Whitefleck? :)

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Dark Jaguar - 8th November 2003

I love jawbreakers!

...Does this have anything to do with that one comic I made? You know the one, the one about Zelda?

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 9th November 2003

You mean the comic where I got lost, but really I was just hiding in a trash can?

You should post your comics in the Comics forum, DJ.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 11th November 2003

Finally, another new comic! Sorry for the delay, but I've just been sooo busy!!

53 - If They Only Knew

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Dark Jaguar - 11th November 2003

Guess what? GR just gave me permission to make a guest comic for him!

Everyone: *is super hyped to the point where they would tear DJ apart if DJ didn't make said comic, probably due to drugs*

DJ: *wispers to GR* (Psst, hey GR, can I make a guest comic? Please? I'm kinda in a bind here. Let's just say for some reason there are people expecting it of me. So um, can I? I'll give it right back! Wait... that didn't make any sense.... or did it...

Sure, go ahead.

As for why I didn't post my comics there, well, I just assumed Weltall had put all those comics in there, or there was some secret way of submitting them or something. Whatever the case, I figured if they weren't already in there, it meant mine weren't funny enough and everyone hated me.

You have to post your own comics in the comic forum since it lists the poster as the creator of the comic.

Paint Shop 8 SUCKS! That is, the interface does. I can't find out how to do ANYTHING in this maze of options! Glad they have demos of these things...

Okay, I couldn't figure out how to get PSP8's text to NOT look like arse, so I'll post a transcript below this for those who can't read it (ie: everyone). Now, without FaAAASHAAA adu (sorry...), the thingy!

DJ's capture:

DJ: Any more jaw breakers?
Whitefleck: Um, you're captured... I'll be taking over now, so um, yeah....

DJ: Um, okay. No candy? Guess I'll just go...
Whitefleck: Door's over... WAIT! Actually, in retrospect, I should have bothere restraining you...

Whitefleck: Hmm, maybe rope? Or how about shoving you in a closet and propping a chair against the handle?
DJ: That wouldn't work! I'd just melt into goo. No, you'd need an electrified diamond jar...

DJ: Huh... Guess revealing my weaknesses means they will be used... against me... Oh well... WEEEEE!