Tendo City
Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Official TC Ava-Comics Thread (/showthread.php?tid=912)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 14th October 2003

How nice of you... but I do celebrate Christmas, you know. Presents are good... :)

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 15th October 2003

You darn liberals! *explodes in a very conservative fashion* Tuna jellyfish left-wing radicals! *offers ABF a propaganda crouton*

Just...just don't ask where that came from or what it mean, because I don't think even I know...

Eek

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Weltall - 15th October 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
How nice of you... but I do celebrate Christmas, you know. Presents are good... :)

[Image: ex_lax_24_2.jpg]

Happy Holidays! Santa

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 15th October 2003

The group is kidnapped by the evil Cheif Xbox of the Microsoft peoples! Oh horror of horrors!!

45 - The True Power of the Xbox

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 15th October 2003

Now that one was funny. :)

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - OB1 - 15th October 2003

Halo is overrated! Lol

I love it how the backgrounds just randomly changed.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 16th October 2003

Quote:I love it how the backgrounds just randomly changed.

Well, they're supposed to change to represent movement to a different area, but I will be the first to admit that none of my desert backgrounds come from the same desert nor do any of them look at all similar to each other, but as long as I get my comic, that's all that matters.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - OB1 - 16th October 2003

The King of Mesopotamia exists inside every one of us.

Indeed he does.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - OB1 - 16th October 2003

Yup.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Dark Jaguar - 16th October 2003

Um, post apocalyptic waste land movie eh? Probably sucks like ALL of the ones I've seen before it. Lemme guess, some evil company has all the water/some evil overlord has kidnapped all the women/some evil overlord is killing people in a stupid looking motorcycle tank thing with spikes all over it and Max has to stop them while saying stupid one-liners and essentially giving us a plot we already know every single possible detail of by the time the opening credits are over?

Um...no.

A brief run-down of the movies:

Road Warrior: In the near future a shortage of oil causes a nuclear war. Max is policeman in the future. He patrols the highways and chases thugs who try to steal gasoline. Something happens at the end that makes him very mad, hence the names other movies.

Mad Max: A walled village is being attacked by a gang of outlaws because the village is setting on top of an oil well. Max decides to save them.

Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome: Max makes his way to a prosperous [compared to others] town. The leader of the town forces Max to fight in a tournament. Max decides to save the people being held captive there.

Mad Max 4: ???

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Dark Jaguar - 17th October 2003

Thunderdome? I have seen one of them, well half of it. It caused me to be physically ill that anyone could make such a bad movie at a certain point and I just HAD to stop watching.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - OB1 - 17th October 2003

GR, Road Warrior is the second movie. Mad Max is the first one.

And DJ, you're just crazy. :p Are there any movies or shows that aren't cartoons that you like? Just curious.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 17th October 2003

I always get those two confused.

Quote:And DJ, you're just crazy.

Yes. The third one was kind of weird, but in a cool and/or funny way. Like the part where they put the big plastic head on Max and toss him out in the desert. :)

Yeah it definitely wasn't as good as the first two, but it was still pretty good. It explained a good amount of the backstory of the series.

And really, I would like to know which movies DJ likes. I know that she likes Nickelodeon cartoons and I know that... I know that... um, well that's about it. Doesn't she hate movies or something like that? I forgot. It was sports or movies. Or both.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 17th October 2003

Sports. DJ has absolutely no clue about them and doesn't care at all.

I think she also said something about hating movies, but that might have been all movies where people perform some sort of physical feat.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Dark Jaguar - 18th October 2003

Never said anything like that. I did say I'm no fan of pure action movies, like that one for instance.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 18th October 2003

The Mad Max movies aren't pure action, sure they do have some really cool car chases, but there's more to it than that.

After their encounter and subsequent spotaneous explosion of that crazy Xbox guys the group is once again lost in the desert. Geoboy announces that a rumor he heard that there were people in the desert who would help them and, despite speculation that geoboy was just crazy, the group decides to follow him since they have little else to do.

46 - Familiar Faces!!

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 18th October 2003

And the suspense builds... who could it be? Weltall? The Canadians who blew the world up? :)

I don't think they'd be excited about meeting their Canadian "friends". :D

Oh yes they would... :evil:

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Weltall - 18th October 2003

Ah man... MS Paint is so radically different from Photoshop. If I weren't so used to PS I'd make some of these.

A political cartoon starring ABF and myself would be too damn funny.

Acually, I use Corel Draw 7 not Photoshop.

Corel Draw is nice. We have versions 4 and 5 of it...

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Weltall - 18th October 2003

I have neither Photoshop nor Draw.

However, I do have a trial of Paint Shop 8, which I just now downloaded (and like very much!)

Therefore, I am happy to present...

Not bad... :)

A little rough around the edges, but it's still pretty funny!

See, I found that funny too... not in the same way you do, I'm sure, but I found it funny. :)

It does sound just like us...

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Weltall - 19th October 2003

Sometimes the right picture can make the whole thing.

#0002 - Rock-Hard Theology

[Image: attachment.php?s=&postid=30983]

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 19th October 2003

Well it doesn't... :)

Oh, and secondhand smoke is bad... but I remember that "debate" and don't really want to go through that again.

Unfortunately, you can't get the full effect since I had to shrink the image down, so here it is, in all it's phallic glory:

[Image: mau0501.jpg]

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 19th October 2003

And now the moment you have all waited for! The grand finale of what is quite possibly the best comic series I ever had a part in!

47 - The Final Chapter!!

Or is it?

Weltall... That picture is a bit different from the first one... :)

Still, its nature. :p

And GR, the end? I don't know... not with that ending. And anyway, the Nintendo brass would want to see us? I doubt that, even in this comic... :D

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Undertow - 19th October 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Weltall

[Image: attachment.php?s=&postid=30983]

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Weltall... That picture is a bit different from the first one... :)

Still, its nature. :p

And GR, the end? I don't know... not with that ending. And anyway, the Nintendo brass would want to see us? I doubt that, even in this comic... :D

It IS the same picture... I had to radically distort the dimensions to make it fit, that's all.

I know, but from the shrunken one I couldn't tell the actual dimentions, like the fact that its supposed to be really tall...

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - OB1 - 19th October 2003

Hahahaha! GR, that was a great comic. DJ would definitely say something like that Haha

And Weltall, those were also funny. Keep it up, fellers!

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 20th October 2003

Don't expect anymore comics from me for a while. I have to take a break before my brain explodes from trying to think up four panels of funny things every single day. But, don't despair! The TC Ava-Comics will return!

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Weltall - 20th October 2003

Loathe to let a good picture go to waste...

#0003 - Go Tell It On The Mountain

[Image: attachment.php?s=&postid=31095]

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 21st October 2003

Haha! That's good... mean, but good.

Hey... that brings up the question. Where in the world has Darunia dissapeared to?

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Dark Jaguar - 21st October 2003

Last I heard he went to fill in a pot hole on some street in TC. Wait a sec...

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 21st October 2003

I know I said that I was going to take a brief hiatus from making comics, but I've got some good ideas running around in my head and I don't want to lose them. That, and I don't want to be upstaged by Weltall. ;)

48 - A Typical Plot Device

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 21st October 2003

Hmm... trying to be Penny Arcade now? I don't know, but that comic makes me think of them... its alright. Except for the part that makes fun of 'me'. :D

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 23rd October 2003

ABF and Weltall just can't seem to get along when it comes to politics.

49 - No U-Turn

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 23rd October 2003

Heh... and is that last panel supposed to be just the two of us beating eachother up? :)

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - Great Rumbler - 23rd October 2003

Yeah. :)

There's actually two reasons I did it that way. 1. A fight scene would be difficult to make and it would take up a lot of space and 2. just talking about it allow for a lot more jokes and absurdities.

Official TC Ava-Comics Thread - A Black Falcon - 23rd October 2003

Implied violence can definitely be funny. :)