Tendo City
Is This Bad? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Is This Bad? (/showthread.php?tid=911)

Is This Bad? - Dark Lord Neo - 29th July 2003

[Image: windowsbyebye.GIF]

THis isn't a joke, my recyclebin actually says that

Is This Bad? - A Black Falcon - 29th July 2003

Hmm... yes?

Is This Bad? - Great Rumbler - 29th July 2003

Yeah, it's bad...but only if you click "No".

Is This Bad? - geoboy - 30th July 2003

Seeing that you have Kazaa, it's likely that you mistakingly downloaded a trojan horse. It's probably a harmless one (most likely just a hacker prank). I recall a prank program that when run would *look* like it's deleting everything off your hard drive. It was very authentic and had a convincing dialog box showing the names of actual files on the hard drive and acting like it was deleting them.

Is This Bad? - A Black Falcon - 30th July 2003

I've seen one of those... kind of funny if the person doesn't know its fake. :)

Is This Bad? - Darunia - 30th July 2003

Hahaha thats awesome. I got a virus once, but I can't even remember what the hell it was or what it did; Norton reported it, and quarantined it, and I had to download a patch to kill it. All is well now though.

Is This Bad? - Dark Lord Neo - 30th July 2003

I fixed it right after I posted it, though I'm going to blame windows update or direct x 9 because we all know blaming MS is more fun than some random hacker.
I did a system restore to right after I installed directx 9 because I didn't want to remove it and the windows update I had done right before it, but that didn't work. But then when I did a system restore to before the windows update it was fine, and that restore point was only about 10 minuits before the previouse restore point. So I'll blame MS

Is This Bad? - -iLluSiON- - 31st July 2003

oh.

Is This Bad? - Great Rumbler - 31st July 2003

Who is that?

Is This Bad? - alien space marine - 31st July 2003

I wouldnt go on Kazaa since the U.S goverment to threaten to hack peoples computers for file trading, I deleted kazaa from my pc since I found that it lagged my computer to much.

but atleast I got away with a ass load of metalica music!Rolleyes

Is This Bad? - Dark Lord Neo - 31st July 2003

The US government hasn't threatened to hack your computer, the recording industy has just threatened to make bogus music files that will do damage to your computer, but they haven't started yet because they are still investigating the legality of doing that

Is This Bad? - -iLluSiON- - 31st July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Great Rumbler
Who is that?

let's just say it's a certain someone on this message board.

Is This Bad? - Great Rumbler - 31st July 2003

Darunia?

Is This Bad? - EdenMaster - 31st July 2003

No, can't be. Darunia is only 1 inch tall.