Tendo City
Whatever happened to... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Whatever happened to... (/showthread.php?tid=90)

Whatever happened to... - EdenMaster - 11th January 2003

Tendo City Classic Gaming Contest? It went strong for about five round before people lost interest. With the brand new board and all, maybe we should try again?

Whatever happened to... - Weltall - 11th January 2003

Yeah, that was kinda the main idea behind it all :D

Whatever happened to... - A Black Falcon - 11th January 2003

Yeah, that game was a lot of fun, until everyone quit and the thing was, unfortunately, abandoned...

Oh, and roms are fun.
That is, as long as you have a decent gamepad. Luckily, I recently got one! Its a Saitek p880... for $20, its a dual-analog pad with a d-pad as well and 10 buttons. No rumble or force feedback, but thats not expected for $20. Its really nice and suddenly playing my roms is way more fun again... :)

Whatever happened to... - EdenMaster - 12th January 2003

I may have to seek that out, now that is has the ABF Seal of Approval.

Whatever happened to... - Dark Lord Neo - 12th January 2003

We should start that game again

Whatever happened to... - WhiteFleck - 12th January 2003

I would have eventually won.

How about MORE Marble Madness?

Whatever happened to... - A Black Falcon - 16th January 2003

So... how about it? Will the contest be making a return?

Whatever happened to... - Weltall - 16th January 2003

Sure, we'll do that. And I'll let you pick first, ABF.

Whatever happened to... - A Black Falcon - 16th January 2003

OK. Let's start with Tengen Tetris, then... have the rom (to put up or something)?

Whatever happened to... - Dark Lord Neo - 16th January 2003

Yeah you should so that we don't have to spend half the time there is to play the game looking for it

Whatever happened to... - Weltall - 16th January 2003

I actually don't have that one, unfortunately :(

Worse yet, I don't know of hardly any NES romsites anymore.

Whatever happened to... - OB1 - 16th January 2003

Classicgaming might have some NES roms.

Whatever happened to... - A Black Falcon - 17th January 2003

Can I send it to you somehow, to put up on the site for others to download for the contest?

Finding roms isnt impossible... it just requires a LOT of patience with ads and scrolling around various sites (found either with search engines or links in other rom sites)... and it does seem that many of the good rom sites are gone... but some are still there. I have a few bookmarked. It is how I got all my roms... from searching around...

Whatever happened to... - Weltall - 17th January 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Can I send it to you somehow, to put up on the site for others to download for the contest?

Finding roms isnt impossible... it just requires a LOT of patience with ads and scrolling around various sites (found either with search engines or links in other rom sites)... and it does seem that many of the good rom sites are gone... but some are still there. I have a few bookmarked. It is how I got all my roms... from searching around...

I'm on MSN, you can send it to me that way. Or you could put it into a zip and upload it as an attachment. If you do it that way, start a new thread for it.