Tendo City
OMG! nessie in China! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: OMG! nessie in China! (/showthread.php?tid=868)

OMG! nessie in China! - alien space marine - 16th July 2003

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030715/od_nm/life_china_monster_dc_1

its not a Hoax the chinese goverment says it is true that they have captured photos and even videoes of these creatures, with atleast Thousand witneses and even korea recently reported sightings. They same it is the same ancient creature believed to be nessie in scotland, they have witnessed atleast 20 of them in a lake in China . The legend of these creatures goes back to anceint imperial china ,but now they got proof.

OMG! nessie in China! - Dark Jaguar - 16th July 2003

Um, no, it's not confirmed at all. Don't ever trust Yahoo news by itself. Go to the original news source, in this case Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=3090398

Seems it's all based on the word of some witnesses, and the government does NOT actually support it's existance, just is giving up some reports on it. At that, it's just "local officials". Remember, Yahoo will LIE TO YOUR FACE.

More than that, the reports from witnesses vary widely enough, just like in any false case. From one of their descriptions, it could have just as easily been a large school of fish.

OMG! nessie in China! - A Black Falcon - 16th July 2003

Yeah, for some strange reason I doubt this story... just like the Loch Ness Monster. Tales and what people want to see, thats all...

Other than some doctored photos, of course.

OMG! nessie in China! - Great Rumbler - 16th July 2003

You'd think if there was really something that big swimming around in a lake people would have found conclusive evidence of it by now.

OMG! nessie in China! - Laser Link - 16th July 2003

Like droppings?

Chineses officials today announced that the floating material they had previously assumed to be logs or bouys is actually the excrement of a large sea reptile. "We had no idea it was anything special until we ran over it one with our boat", said a source high in the Chinese government. "The smell was so horrible that we all passed out and woke up 12 kilometers away!"

OMG! nessie in China! - OB1 - 16th July 2003

Or maybe get a video camera or something?

OMG! nessie in China! - Undertow - 16th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
Or maybe get a video camera or something?

No kidding, i've always wondered that.

Because there's nothing to see... and faking a photo is way easier than faking a video. :)

They did it for Bigfoot, so why not Nessie?! It's descrimination I tell you!!

OMG! nessie in China! - Undertow - 16th July 2003

@ abf: I figured as much. I watched a show on the Discovery channel about the loch ness monster and the show pretty much debunked the myth, the lake they searched didn't even have fish. At least you can count on one channel on tv not to overly sensationalize things.

Quote:They did it for Bigfoot, so why not Nessie?! It's descrimination I tell you!!

Because it's much easier to get a 7 ft guy in a monkey suit to walk around than make a (convincing) giant lizard.

That is absolutely true. It'd be pretty hard to fake a moving giant sea monster... unlike a upright big ape. :)

OMG! nessie in China! - alien space marine - 16th July 2003

although you have right to be suspecious , and their is no real solid proof to say without a doubt, but atleast now we can actually say it is a strong possibility, but they discoverd strange creatures thought to have been extinct since the dinosaurs before , a giant fish with no eyes was discoverd off the coast of africa sicentist thought the species died out with the dinosuars a million years ago and only had fossils untill a fisher men pulled it out of the sea and then scientist did tests on it and confirmed it was the prehistoric Fish that everybody thought had disapeared long before man ever came into being.

Their have not been any photographs or movies of the kraken AKA( giant sqauid) but they have found giant scars on dead whales that are consistant with squid tentacles they would find on smaller marine life by smaller squids just on a massive scale. Also their have been a few documented cases and even a recorded sighting by a German Uboat in WW2.Their are many scientist hunting for the giant squid and alot believe that it exists because of some pretty convincing evidence.

Their are still many animals still being discoverd and still will be discoverd in the future, recently a type of wild Goat was discoverd this year that lived in a isolated mountain range and was conciderd a myth for a long time.

The oceans are a big place 70% of earth is covered in it so any kind of animal like this could still hide from sight and never be identified even with our technology.

hopefully what Korea will do is fund a expedition to track down these animals and find out if they really are a surviving dinosuar or just a known animal or unknown animal.

their was also a time when gorrilas were conciderd a myth like big foot.

OMG! nessie in China! - OB1 - 16th July 2003

He does have a point there. But I still don't really believe in Nessie, at least not the one in Scotland.

Sure we discover new species. But a SEA MONSTER IN A LAKE? NO WAY! That's just absurd! They are HUGE! They'd have been seen. Long ago. This isn't some giant squids in the deep oceans... those are understandably elusive given where they reside and how big their habitat is...

There have actually been some giant squids found, although they were dead at the time. No one has found any in the ocean, because the ocean is a very big place. Lake's aren't that big though, if there was some huge sea monster living there we should have found some kind of conclusive proof of it by now.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I said.

They've also found plenty of evidence in mauled animals of the existence of giant squids...

OMG! nessie in China! - alien space marine - 17th July 2003

The Sea monsters would obviously live in the sea ,If they were ever spotted in a lake its becuase they got lossed which does happen as we had a pair of dolphins swimming in a river in my town but they all died.

OMG! nessie in China! - OB1 - 17th July 2003

Did people threw rocks at them or something?

OMG! nessie in China! - Dark Jaguar - 17th July 2003

Well yes, giant squids are 100% real. Actually, they HAVE finally found some living, just in the last year I think, but they aren't fully grown, as they were babies at the time. They seem to be growing at a very quick pace last I heard on Discovery.

This other stuff though, unlike giant squids, have no evidence for them. Show us dead bodies of nessie or yeti or sassy and then it's at the level giant squid was at for a while, confirmed existance.

OMG! nessie in China! - alien space marine - 17th July 2003

The Dolphins drowned because the river was very muddy they got stuck and the tide started to come back in and they drowned.

The river has sea water and goes in and out with the tide since we are a coastal region.

Their is a little bit of evidence for big foot and the yeti but all circumstancial, but the indians have had legends of a hairy beast long before the europeans ever came and their is alot of witenese and even a few video tapes that havent been disaproved.foot prints with thermal ridges as well which are to realistic for the average hoaxer.

The only one that was confirmed as a hoax is the one were you saw it clearly walking around in plain site , it was even aproved by Nasa and many scientist as real credible footage untill the guy who made it confessed after 40 years of lieing.

OMG! nessie in China! - A Black Falcon - 17th July 2003

Bigfoot and the Yeti? Yeah, right. No, I am sure that those things are, like Nessie, 100% hoax and legend.