Tendo City
to weltall - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: to weltall (/showthread.php?tid=861)

Pages: 1 2 3

to weltall - alien space marine - 13th July 2003

I had not intended to kill cs, Some of the things admiral and SSb said were just vicious and disheartening,if I wanted to destroy cs I could have done it in 2 minutes. Removing the link is hardly destroying the place, as for those threads ez boards is a gay bugged system even the post count for battlefeild has been bugged for a long time.I was gonne do it but I backed out knowing that I was gonna harm more then just those who did harm to me.

heck I cared alot about this place, I helped you out whenever you asked for it , I was the one who gave geno and lumashi some admin and mod powers.I tried to restore the link and did some damage control before you baned me.

I really wish admiral finex and SSb didnt take everything so seriously, when you insaulted me for that color thing I tried to joke about it but afterwards you were just so nasty you had me tears.I tried to close the topic yes, since I wanted to drop the meaningless insualting thread which pretty much didnt belong in the battlefeild to begin with.Then you had to go and say I was so stupid I should kill myself and that everyone hates me after how much i supported you earlier that was uncalled for and crossing the line. Of course I got mad like any person who has had his self esteem spit on.

all you had to do was say sorry , but no you brought up that i am gonna talk to everyone and have you baned becuase I closed that thread earlier. (well before the link incident)

As for those missing threads that is the result I suspect of internal error at ez boards deleting a few threads would be a waste of my time and hardly a way to harm you.

weltall please forward this to cs.

may I add , that if I hadnt of done anything at all , no one would have cared that AF, SSB,
had said the nasty thing they had said to me , I am disgusted at how little people like Geno who call me a liar after how much I had done for them assisting them in the past , Geno couldnt edit his posts I helped him with that ect....

But I should have retired I should have seen this coming , atleast then I could have left with some shread of decency, but now things have to be twisted and actually I am surpised some of you believe I did this out of insanity and that I am just evil a person , As for admiral finex I am surpised even you could have so little compassion in how you treated me earlier over such a trivial reason. I have feelings like any human being if anybody was betrayed it was me.

to weltall - EdenMaster - 13th July 2003

I'll post this on CS for you, Odin. Your reputation there seems to be degrading by the minute.

to weltall - Geno - 13th July 2003

And here is my reply, straight from CS:

Quote:If what Odin says is true and Fenix and SSB did say those kinds of things to him, then I can understand him getting upset. Those truly were dispicable things to say. I'm sure Fenix and SSB didn't mean it quite how they said it, but nevertheless, they should've thought things through more before posting those remarks. I apologize for any offense I may have caused, I just didn't want CS to go down the crapper, and from the way things were looking at the time, Odin was trying to destroy CS. I'm willing to believe that it quite possibly was some internal error at EZBoard (considering how easily EZBoard screws up) that caused some of the posts to be erased, though I still think getting rid of the link to the battlefield was going too far. You were taking your anger towards two people out on the whole community. However, it seems that you have learned from your mistake, and I am willing to give you a second chance. Not as an admin, but as a member here. If the rest of the community concurs, we just might unban you. However, a move like this should not go without punishment, so don't expect to be given your admin powers back ever. I'll let the rest of the community decide whether or not to give you another chance.

Here is a reply from SSB:

Quote: To Odin and Others: (Someone that belongs to TC please copy and paste this and show this to him)

I think that I have some explaining to do on behalf of Fenix and myself. Let me first say that what happened is all documented. The posts that Odin said were vicious and what not are all still here. Look at them if you want. I think it was taken a little out of context. I never said that I wanted him to kill himself. That would be the last thing I would ever want. In fact, after we banned him and everything I really and truly felt bad about it. I would NEVER EVER want anyone to hurt themselves or anyone else over a silly site. I didn't think that Fenix and I let out a total verbal assualt. What I believe happened was that Fenix and I ganged up on Odin at the same time and Odin could not handle the fire from the both of us, which I can understand; no one likes getting ganged up on. I admit I called Odin dumb, but that was because he didn't throughouly know what capitalism was. But please take into account that he called me "Fenix's whore" repeatedly. At no time did he ask for a let up in the debate. He just kept replying to everything me and Fenix said. Like I said earlier all the proof is there: go to "A new color for Gba sp" (something like that) and "toilet cleaner?". In those two topics you will see exactly what happened.

After those heated debates Odin stopped replying. Fenix and I didn't know where he was. Then Fenix found that Odin erased the link to the Battlefield. I asked Odin why he did it and I got no reply. Go to "ODIN!!!!". Fenix and I did not here from Odin for a while. Fenix was thinking of banning him but I told him on IM that he should talk to Weltall first, and Fenix agreed. Well Fenix and I just sat there waiting for Odin to reply. There was only silence. It was around this time that I contacted Lumashi on IM. I told her about how Odin erased the link. SHe was angry. I also told Darunia who was on IM at the time. Darunia did not come to CS; he was busy. Lumashi however did. She then told me that all the topics below "Lumashi doesn't post no more" were screwed up. I looked at them. They were. It said that all of the replies were missing. Go to anyting below "Let's Get Down To Business" to see what I mean. I tried to contact Weltall but alas, he wasn't on IM. Fenix and I saw that whle pages got deleted as well as those posts. Someone or something was deleting them. Fenix and I had to take som ekind of action or CS could have been gobbled up. The only suspect at that time was Odin. Remember he did erase the link to the Battlefield. Fenix then took executive action and banned Odin. For some reason it didn't work; Odin was still on CS and everything was still getting erased. I posted a topic called "Odin Stop" to tell Odin that we were sorry and that he should stop. He did not answer and things till got erased. Finally Fenix deleted Odin's memebership and the deleting stopped. Unfortunately pages 20 to number 2 were gone. Odin did post however. He said that it wasn't his fault and he didn't do it. This sometime after I posted "Odin Stop". And this was after he was banned an dhis membership deleted. He could have posted to any number of topics: "Odin Stop" or "ODIN!!!!". He did not and only after he was banned did he post. I still don't know how he posted after his membership was gone and he was banned. Please understand that at the time all of the evidnece pointed to Odin, for he made no effort to reply to our posts and he deleted the link to the Battlefield an dhe was angry. Is still believe that Odin erased things but anything is possible. That is the story and you can make your own conclusions.

Odin,
I am sorry. I did not mean to hurt your feelings. I understand that what I said might of been hurtful to you, but you also were part taking in "name-calling" as well. This is a debate forum and you were a veteran; I thought that you would have been used to heated debates, but perhaps I was too vicous. I am sorry if I was. You were banned because Fenix and I both thought that you were erasing everything. It was an attempt to save CS. Please understand that. Anyway, I see that you want to come back. If we let you back in you will NEVER have adminship again, and you must adhere to either Weltall, Dark Lord Neo, Fenix, or myself. And please understand that if you ever again feel that you are being ruthlessly attacked agian the please tell us to stop and we will. Still I do not know. Right now it still looks like you deleted the stuff; if you can prove otherwise then consider yourself a "new" member of CS.

And another post from SSB:

Quote:Tell Odin I am truly sorry. I feel terrible about the whole thing. I will see what I can do to make him a member agian.

Well, odin, your chances of returning to CS are looking good. Here's a post from Lumashi:

Quote:Nice post SSB. I guess I too would be willing to let Odin back in if he never had admin powers again but lets just see what everyone else has to say.

Well that eases my pain somewhat , I forgive you Geno for all those bad things you said afterwards.

yes destroying the link was a foolish way to get back at those two after what happend, somtimes rage overwhelms logic but I did stop it and got a hold myself thankfully in time.

I would like to once again give my apology to everyone who was caught in the middle, Yah thunder, lumashi, ect...

But I have shamed myself to far for even me to forgive myself , Sure I can say some have done worse after all it was Onsp and GS demise was brought on by a disgruntled person, well before I ever arrived.

To be honnest I am just gonna retire like should I have done months ago and just let you guys do whatever you wanted.

If I ever reappeared it would be atleast a year when peoples memories like my own are not as fresh on what has transpired.

So all I can say is see yah later.

I dont think I will stay on Tc much anymore either, the place is kind of slowing down somewhat.

to weltall - Dark Jaguar - 13th July 2003

What's a CS?

CS is Cypherstation, another board some of the people here go to. Like TC, it was created by Weltall.

TC wasn't created by the great Welmeister, merely REBORN FROM THE ASHES! FAIRIES!

to weltall - OB1 - 13th July 2003

TC was created by ice-9.

Oh, I see, said the blind man.

isnt ice-9 the korean guy weltall told me about once?

Korean? As far as I could tell, he was American, or at least spoke English, and not only that, as his primary language.

In any case, the guy was nice enough to make that board and host it for a while, though under far stricter rules than here. Weltall pretended to be him a while before I returned apparently, and he actually managed to kinda cause irreperable damage to his name somehow (except to me, because I wasn't even here then).

I was later amazed to discover LL had been a mod the whole time at the old board. Some people here still think I was a mod back then, Shadow Wolf, for some reason. If so, that persona's still hiding from me because I have no idea what that's about.

to weltall - Great Rumbler - 13th July 2003

Things were going pretty good under ice-9, but then he decided he didn't like us anymore, he said something about all the forums besides the Dreamcast forum were dissapointments or something like that. So we decided to go it alone and we put a link at RC's main page and ice-9 got mad at us for desicrating his precious forum with our filthy links...or something like that.

Weltall said the former webmaster was really pissed when he decided to take over?

Yeah, Weltall offered to take over the forum [It was actually Rumble City back then], but ice-9 basically said "No, this my creation and if I chose to wipe it out I will".

Back to the original topic of this thread... here's an apology from Admiral Fenix:

Quote:Please someone send this to T.C.

Im sorry to say, and excuse if it seems heartless but some of these thing that Odin is saying is so dramatic I cant even read them. He is saying that me and SSB told him to kill him self, we never once stated for him to do that, I would not tell a single human being on the face of the earth to do that, not even if it was the re-incarnation of Satan himself.

I by far am not a heartless person, and take into consideration as to WHY we were even in this debate. He was the one to cast the first stone, we just retaliated. As SSB said, the whole incident is documented so make it what you believe. I do not regret what I have done physically, I do regret what I might have done to scare his mind though.

Odin if it was truly this bad to you, I am humbly sorry to the bottom of my heart and soul, I never meant to cause so much harm to you. I guess I never really stopped and thought. However you can not say whole heartedly that you did not try and do the same amount of damage. It was not just me and SSB who made this such a bad innocent. Although you say you are retired, I do welcome you back to Cypherstation with open arms if you choose to come back. One other thing, if you say its just an error then why did the deletion stop only AFTER I revoked your membership? That seems strange.

One thing I would like to quote that you said.

I admit, I could have been the bigger man and could have said sorry, but, you also could have been the bigger man and said sorry. One other thing I would like to say, I never said I was going to go have you banned, I did however say that if you abused you powers again I would talk it over with the other admins about having your powers revoked or having you banned.

Just remember, you said as many nasty things as me and SSB said, once again I am sorry for the things I have said. Bah I have compassion, you might not have seen it, but as I said, you cast the first stone, I merle retaliated.

Once again Odin, I am deeply sorry for what I have done to you mind. I welcome you back to Cypherstation if you do so choose. Isn’t it time for you to say your sorry?

Someone should write a book (or make a video game!) about the history of Tendo City. We've had a pretty dramatic four years. When ice-9 decided to dump TC he expected us to just obey his command and stop being a community, but some of us were very adamant about still retaining our community since it was the posters that made up the forum, not the jackass admin (ice-9). So for a while we had a home at ezboard until Weltall took over and got us a nice ubb site... and then a vbulliten site, among a few hundred others. :D

And we're still alive! It's going to be our fourth anniversary soon. We should celebrate or something.

to weltall - A Black Falcon - 13th July 2003

Yeah, when he decided to kill us he really did get mad when we didn't want to die... idiot...

We sure showed him, eh!

Yeah! Take that, subspace!

Dramatic? It's just a bunch of people trying to stay connected. If someone wrote a book about us, sure there would be a lot, but it would be a book about nothing. Sadly now that I've confirmed such a book would be irredeemable trash it's now gurenteed to be a number 1 seller...

Let's do it!

Yes, let's!

to weltall - A Black Falcon - 13th July 2003

I wonder if Ice-9 ever went to any of weltall's versions of TC...

to weltall - alien space marine - 14th July 2003

Geno I made my Apology pretty clear I dont see why AF and SSb want anymore then that.

But I am not coming back for a long time , getting forgiveness was just for me to be at peace .

As for Tc, I really think a movie would be cool!

If we could have a south park style animated series that would be interesting.

to weltall - Weltall - 14th July 2003

Maybe it's just me, but wasn't CS more fun when we always called each other faggots, fuckwads, cocksuckers, bitches, homos, assholes, shiteaters, stumpjumpers, dumbasses, morons, and various other insults of a homosexual and genitalia-based nature?

to weltall - Geno - 14th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Weltall
Maybe it's just me, but wasn't CS more fun when we always called each other faggots, fuckwads, cocksuckers, bitches, homos, assholes, shiteaters, stumpjumpers, dumbasses, morons, and various other insults of a homosexual and genitalia-based nature?

Yup, but unfortunately, we got smarter after a while. :S

to weltall - Moiraine - 14th July 2003

Personally I think that page should just be shut down... It was much better back in the day but it has lost its fire and should just be put out of misery.

to weltall - OB1 - 14th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
Dramatic? It's just a bunch of people trying to stay connected. If someone wrote a book about us, sure there would be a lot, but it would be a book about nothing. Sadly now that I've confirmed such a book would be irredeemable trash it's now gurenteed to be a number 1 seller...

Let's do it!

Pfft, maybe it wasn't dramatic for you, but that's because you weren't one of the posters that was fighting for the community. You didn't help with anything.

to weltall - A Black Falcon - 14th July 2003

Was that when DJ left for several months?

I forgot, but I don't remember her actually trying to help our situation. I remember having arguments with several members at Tendo City, trying to convince them that we don't need stupid ice-9 to have a community and that we could find a new home. I forgot who sided with me, but I know for certain that Weltall did and I'm pretty sure that GR did as well.

to weltall - Great Rumbler - 14th July 2003

I remember that I fought to keep TC alive.

Thought so. So who else was on our side? Actively, I mean.

to weltall - Dark Jaguar - 14th July 2003

ice-9 left and you went to ezboard for a while. That's not drama. I've known like 30 other message boards that had the same fate. The diff is that Weltall started up a new one. Still, not dramatic, but that doesn't change that it was very nice of him, or we would still be in ezHell.

Heck, we already had to hide in ezboard before that. Remember how when ramble was closed everyone headed to ezboard to post at the Lovely Cow forum? Well, not everyone, because word got around slowly and by the time a lot of people had headed there, Ramble was open again. Not drama though. There's really not all that much emotion here. Well, there's "teh funny" :D.

Lazy was. I remember that he made a very colorful thread explaining exactly what he though about ice-9's decision. :D

Quote:ice-9 left and you went to ezboard for a while. That's not drama. I've known like 30 other message boards that had the same fate. The diff is that Weltall started up a new one. Still, not dramatic, but that doesn't change that it was very nice of him, or we would still be in ezHell.

Heck, we already had to hide in ezboard before that. Remember how when ramble was closed everyone headed to ezboard to post at the Lovely Cow forum? Well, not everyone, because word got around slowly and by the time a lot of people had headed there, Ramble was open again. Not drama though. There's really not all that much emotion here. Well, there's "teh funny" .

That's bullshit. Myself, GR, and a few others had to seriously fight to keep Tendo City alive. If it were up to you and ice-9, Tendo City would not exist any more.

There was some drama, ice-9 wanted to close the forum and we argued with him to keep it open, but he refused because he hated it or something. Weltall offered to take it over, but he didn't want that. Weltall put up a link to the new forum at RC's frontpage, but ice-9 took it down because he said we were insulting the memory of his forum or something to that affect.

There's more to it than that, and there was a lot of arguing going around. Serious arguing, not just the regular stuff we see here all of the time.

Yes, there was a lot of heated arguements going on and a lot of VERY strong words were going around.

Um... what? Really, your emotions are kinda clouding your judgement. Don't take that offensivly, but I'm sure if you actually read what you just said, saying I wanted the forum closed just like ice-9, even after I said I too made attempts to keep the place alive during the whole ramble debacle, you'd realize how silly you are being. Now you know that I want this place alive and all that, and certainly would have been with all the others who wanted to go to an ezboard (it likely would have been the cow forum had I still been there in fact, or maybe that's just ego, yeah the cow forum is kinda doomed :D, then again you have just enough ego to think you lead the movement to keep TC alive :D, so whatever). Really, a little logic and you'd see how silly it is to make such silly and illogical statements like that. Try calming down a bit. Hotheadedness never solves anything.

I don't think he meant that you wanted TC to be closed...

Right, DJ just didn't seem to care and she didn't help us at all. We did all of the work and all of the fighting.

I wasn't even there.

If you weren't there then why are you trying to argue with us about what happened??!!

:hammer:

Pardon? You must have misunderstood me. I guess you really did have a lot of emotion over it, or you're just mad at me about something. During those times you tend to see hostility where there is none.

What I was attempting to do was not argue over what occured, but merely say that it wasn't a big dramatic story. It started as a joke you know, what with the whole book thing, but you seem to be very upset at the suggestion that the whole event may have been nothing more than some online fun little pretend war thing (note that I purposefully put it in a way that would put it in the worst light possible, no need to tell me that "just because it's online doesn't mean the emotions aren't real!" or something like that). Really now, I'm attempting to defend myself and any others who didn't "participate". IT's as though you've secretly harbored ill will towards people who didn't "fight the good fight". I mean, Weltall did all the real work anyway, creating this fine place for us. All the debating likely did nothing. Did you finally convince him to stop deleting links out or something?

To be honest I don't think we should be fighting here. There's nothing to argue about. Let's just be friends again.

EVERYBODY POSTING MESSAGES NEED TO CALM THE FORK DOWN!!

Oh here we go again. DJ trying to joke and then acting serious and then trying to pretend that it was a joke again even though part of it was serious and then joking about it not being serious while at the same time trying to make a serious point. This act is sooo old and unfunny, DJ.

What happened at the end of ice-9's Tendo City was dramatic, and since you were not there you have no right to claim otherwise. As much as you try to downplay the importance of the "fight" we've been talking about, the truth of the matter is that we would not be posting at Tendo City right now if it weren't for those of us that refused to obey ice-9. Tendo City was about to dissapear and all of us would have gone our own ways. But some of use refused to accept that so we decided to make a new home, with Weltall leading the way.

OB1, why do you always get in to arguements like this with DJ? It always ends exactly the same!! DJ claims to have been joking [maybe that's the truth], you wind up getting mad, and the beavers escape from the zoo and eat all of our grain!! That happens EVERYTIME!! Well...maybe not the part about the beavers...

Dj is a stupid-face.