Tendo City
LAN play for F-Zero! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: LAN play for F-Zero! (/showthread.php?tid=843)

LAN play for F-Zero! - OB1 - 7th July 2003

Look!

Quote:July 07, 2003 - IGNcube learned today that Nintendo's long-awaited system link feature will be included with F-Zero GX.
Jointly developed by Sega's Amusement Vision and Nintendo, the GameCube sequel will let four players race against each other in split-screen and full-screen modes. A Nintendo spokesperson said that the company has yet to decide whether it will even promote the connection feature when the game releases here in August.

Nintendo showed off its networking feature first with Mario Kart: Double Dash!! at the E3 expo in May. Given the niche appeal of off-line system link gameplay modes, don't expect the feature to be a big focus in Nintendo's marketing of the titles unless the company decides to push online network play via third-party apps in the near future.

More as it breaks.

Hot damn this is great news! That means that we'll be able to get it online one way or another.

LAN play for F-Zero! - Dark Jaguar - 7th July 2003

Wait a second, wasn't it mentioned that the link used in Mario Kart (and now this) is more than just a system link, but also gets one online using a Gamespy matchmaker service (built into the game, no PC required) a while ago? Did that change? If it did, then I'm upset. If it didn't, this is just as I predicted! Online play for both racers is a good thing.

Now then, come ooooooon map maker!

LAN play for F-Zero! - OB1 - 8th July 2003

Linda, there's not going to be a map-maker. Just give it up.

And that gamespy thing was never actually confirmed. It might be true, but I guess we won't know until F-Zero comes out.

LAN play for F-Zero! - OB1 - 8th July 2003

Oh fuck, I hope this isn't true!

Quote:Q: Will you have LAN support in F-Zero?

Nagoshi: Well, it's true at the time of E3 I was hoping that we would have that time. But we did not actually include a LAN mode in F-Zero.

Once you include a mode like that the multiplayer mode becomes the focus of gameplay. With F-Zero, we're more focused on the single-player game. That's the main reason we've not included it this time.

Whaaaa???!! But just yesterday ign reported that there was definitely going to be LAN support for F-Zero! What the hell is this??

LAN play for F-Zero! - Dark Jaguar - 9th July 2003

...Who's Linda? I said that, me, DJ.

Anyway, don't kill my dreams before the game comes out! That's Nintendo's job!

LAN play for F-Zero! - CartoonDevil - 9th July 2003

Quote:Once you include a mode like that the multiplayer mode becomes the focus of gameplay. With F-Zero, we're more focused on the single-player game. That's the main reason we've not included it this time.

Nintendo has officially gone loopy. Yeah, it's insane to think that a racing game would want to focus on multiplayer. Morons.

LAN play for F-Zero! - Great Rumbler - 9th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
...Who's Linda?

You are. And we'll keep calling you that until you tell us your real name.

Quote:Nintendo has officially gone loopy. Yeah, it's insane to think that a racing game would want to focus on multiplayer. Morons.

It was the president of Amusement Vision who said that.

LAN play for F-Zero! - OB1 - 9th July 2003

Look, the heads of AV and EAD aren't the ones deciding on no online play. This goes all the way to the top of Nintendo, and unless they give the developers a go-ahead we're never going to see official online games from Nintendo.

BTW I heard that the story mode in the game is superb, and that the FMV and story are actually good.

I just want to find out whether or not there's going to be LAN play in F-Zero.

LAN play for F-Zero! - Dark Jaguar - 9th July 2003

Nuts, first I find out the whole online play thing for all games with system link was nothing but a rumor, then I find out F-Zero GX didn't have system link anyway. Now I read the article, and I find out somethind MIND BLOWING :D. No map editor! Yeah, deep down, and on shallower levels, I kinda knew it wasn't going to be there, but I kept my hopes up just in case. However, I still think Nintendo really screwed up by not including it. It simply HAD to be there, because they've done it before and now the current version is "lesser" than the last due to this!

Still though, the idea of them throwing in a story mode is cool. Seeing as how they all have this very cliche super hero/super villian look to them, I assume the story will be just as cliche stuff, all that "I must save the world, but they hate me, how ironic, I'm so tortured, WORSHIP US FOR BEING REBELS" type of thing.

LAN play for F-Zero! - OB1 - 9th July 2003

According to IGN the FMV is excellent and the story stuff is actually pretty good.

And that Gamespy thing is probably true, but we haven't heard anything since E3 so I'm kinda losing hope.

LAN play for F-Zero! - Nintendarse - 10th July 2003

F-Zero X didn't have a map editor. The 64DD add-on disk allowed a map-editor function, but 64DD had an installed base of about 2.

LAN play for F-Zero! - Dark Jaguar - 10th July 2003

That's hardly the point. The point is they put it in the last game, and now it's not there! Don't you see? Do you not SEE? *explodes*

LAN play for F-Zero! - OB1 - 10th July 2003

It would have been much, much more difficult to make a good map editor for F-Zero GX and Nintendo probably thought that not enough people would care about it.

LAN play for F-Zero! - Dark Jaguar - 10th July 2003

Who's Gresplork?

LAN play for F-Zero! - Great Rumbler - 11th July 2003

He's the God of Replies to Emails and Key Lime Pies.

LAN play for F-Zero! - Dark Jaguar - 11th July 2003

Oh really? Get on MSN and tell that to my FACES!

Okay.

LAN play for F-Zero! - OB1 - 11th July 2003

Faces? Or did you mean to say FECES? Tell it to your FECES?

I'm not telling it to THAT.

Fraidy-cat.

LAN play for F-Zero! - Dark Jaguar - 11th July 2003

Silly OB1, Ridiculous something or other is for the youth! Dangit, where's LL when ya need him?

What do you know fire?! You prance around like you have laser eyes!

Prance around... the fire is what will be KING! The light that we REAP.... is what makes it MORE!

OB1, the melons are on fire!

So is my FIST!

No, no it isn't.

The feast of Alvis shall commence!

LAN play for F-Zero! - -_____- - 12th July 2003

*eats roast beef at this wonderful feast*

LAN play for F-Zero! - Great Rumbler - 12th July 2003

Feasting is forbidden!!

LAN play for F-Zero! - EdenMaster - 13th July 2003

Hey, you kids don't eat nothing from that buffet! That things crawling with giardia. You don't want that!

LAN play for F-Zero! - Great Rumbler - 13th July 2003

That food is a veritable CITY of bacterial infection! Look! The cheese is starting to grow a mullet!

LAN play for F-Zero! - TheBiggah - 13th July 2003

Morons.

LAN play for F-Zero! - OB1 - 13th July 2003

And pubic hair!

LAN play for F-Zero! - Great Rumbler - 13th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by TheBiggah
Morons.

Who are you to judge us? Are you a crazed poo-eating gibbon?! I think not!!

LAN play for F-Zero! - A Black Falcon - 13th July 2003

That is really awesome. Much better than Mario Kart online play... since I'd choose F-Zero over Mario Kart anytime...

It better have 8-player online... er *link*... mode too. ;)

And I don't mind the lack of map editor. I never expected one. It would be cool to have a random generator, becuase it was a nice extra feature in F-Zero X, but its not a huge loss... the random tracks never were as cool as designed ones anyway...

Online mode is a much, much cooler thing to have.

LAN play for F-Zero! - OB1 - 13th July 2003

Uh.. didn't you read the rest of the thread? Turns out the whole LAN thing isn't going to happen.

LAN play for F-Zero! - A Black Falcon - 13th July 2003

Ah well.

My position on the random generator and map editor still stands.