Tendo City
What are you listening to? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: What are you listening to? (/showthread.php?tid=84)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

What are you listening to? - Weltall - 20th April 2003

Newsboys - Adoration

What are you listening to? - Weltall - 23rd April 2003

Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon

What are you listening to? - EdenMaster - 23rd April 2003

We need to have the PoA skycraper to have various religious icons, such as a cross and a Star of David.

And, to pacify the atheists, a little cloth sign with GOD=BAD.

What are you listening to? - Laser Link - 23rd April 2003

Wow, Weltall, where did you hear about that Newsboys song?

WF- Brave Saint Saturn's new cd is very good. Buy it when you get Cheeses so you can go on a Reese Roper high. Daylight just might pass Every New Day as the "Best Song Ever Written and Performed By Coloradoans".

I am currently listening to the hum of about 30 computers and some network equipment while I sit in the Math Lab at school. But recently it's been all BS2 [Sun Also Rises, Binary, Anastasia (which I renamed ;)), Heart Still Beats, and Daylight] with some Relient K [Falling Out, Hoopes I Did It Again, I Am Understood?, and Jefferson Aeroplane] thrown in for good measure. And maybe a little Avril Lavigne - I'm With You when I want to relax. Soon I will be listening to Cheeses of Nazareth (if I want to laugh) and maybe even Dogwood (if I don't want to relax and I'm out of caffiene).

I got their new album, an impulse. I also got Relient K's new one on your recommendation Cool

What are you listening to? - Laser Link - 23rd April 2003

What do you think of Adoration? It's been selling well (it is Newsboys, afterall) but I've heard a lot of critics really bashing it. Not that it's bad, but that it seems like they just slapped it together and could have made it much better. It's kind of like how Nintendo got bashed for SMS because it was from Nintendo, I think. I like He Reigns and Adoration, and the 2 live songs were from Thrive, but I haven't heard any of the rest of the cd.

And I am so happy that you bought 2 Lefts! It's awesome! That makes 3 of us, soon Relient K will take over the whole forum! MWAHAHAHAHA!

I like Adoration a lot really, though I've never heard Newsboys before and thus cannot compare it to their other albums.

And in case you're wondering about 2 Lefts, I got the Yellow cover :D

And it has copy-protection Mad

What are you listening to? - EdenMaster - 24th April 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Lord Neo
Only 10 days until the Bad Religon concert, I hope I manage to find someone who wants to go

I hope your concert is still on. According to the BR website, both Greg Graffin and Brooks Wackerman have fallen ill. Greg is having problems with his voice (which he kid of needs to sing), and Brooks has some sort of eye infection (which he probably needs to play the drums).

Cross your fingers, DLN.

What are you listening to? - Sacred Jellybean - 24th April 2003

Pixies - Here Comes Your Man

What are you listening to? - Dark Lord Neo - 24th April 2003

Quote:Originally posted by EdenMaster
I hope your concert is still on. According to the BR website, both Greg Graffin and Brooks Wackerman have fallen ill. Greg is having problems with his voice (which he kid of needs to sing), and Brooks has some sort of eye infection (which he probably needs to play the drums).

Cross your fingers, DLN.

Everytime someone says they'll go they change their mind right before we go to get tickets so I might not be going. THe only people that I know that are definitly going are some of the scary punk kids.

What are you listening to? - Laser Link - 24th April 2003

Ghoti Hook - Money
Dogwood - Absolution

What are you listening to? - Weltall - 25th April 2003

I'm listening to Joe Hisaishi's "Spirited Away" score.

What are you listening to? - Laser Link - 25th April 2003

MxPx - My Mistake, Chick Magnet, Punk Rawk Show, Move To Bremerton

The new versions of the last 3 songs are so much better than the old, and My Mistake is awesome, especially the video. It's pretty funny.

CENSORSHIP!!! I just got back from the store with Five Iron and Sanctus Real (I really am done spending money for a long time now), and I noticed something upsetting when I was in line. The name of the Five Iron Frenzy cd is Cheeses... That's it, Cheeses... They left off the "of Nazareth" part! I don't know when this happened, but in the cd liner notes they still call it by the full name, the FIF website still says Cheeses of Nazareth, and the online stores still show the cover art as being this:
[Image: cd22410.gif]
This must have been a last minute decision by somebody at Tooth and Nail, I know Five Iron didn't change their minds. Reese even says this inside:
Quote:The title Cheeses of Nazareth, is by no means intended to be sacriligious. It is intended to be comical, and we choose the name to satirize not Christ, but the Christian culture in America. Although many of the songs on this album seem to lack in Christian content, we hope that our lives do reflect the love of Jesus Christ and the changes that He has made within us. If you were expecting a sermon, I would like to suggest attending any weekly church service at any of the millions of churches worldwide. They are usually free.

Ahahahaha! This is hilarious! They have a live version of "Fistful of Sand" from when they first wrote it, and Reese forgot the words! The music sounds exactly the same, but Reese is going "Blah blah something something" the whole time except for the chorus, which he remembered! Then there is an old demo of "Cool Enough For You" that is a little slower and they left out an entire verse! :D

4 posts!

Reese is singing "This little light of mine". I am scared. And scarred. The old version Old West sounded like the just ran the real song at 50% speed. I'm almost done with the demos (which are pretty painful :D) and onto the funny stuff, which is what I bought the cd for. I can't wait.

What are you listening to? - Dark Lord Neo - 25th April 2003

I somehow managed to delete almost every metallica song I had, and Metallica being one of my favorite bands I had to download them all again. So I decided that I would attemt to download as many metallica songs as possible so in the last 40 minuits I downloaded the following full albums
Kill Em' All
Ride The Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All
Metallica(the black album)
I still have to download Load, Re-Load, Garage Days and Garage Inc, but that should only take around another hour
I love cable modems

What are you listening to? - Fittisize - 25th April 2003

Quit fuckin stealing so much music! Why would you steal from Metallica, anyways? You say they are one of your favourite bands, yet they really dislike when people steal (really, really dislike, they were the first group to rebel against Napster). BUY music. DON'T steal (albums).

Coldplay-Clocks

What are you listening to? - EdenMaster - 26th April 2003

I'd just like to make Fittisize aware of what thread he is posting in, and why he hasn't gotten furious over our WinAmp playlist thread. You're stealing music if you grab a CD off of a shelf and stick it in your jacket, then walk out without paying for it. Downloading is different. Downloading is LEGAL.

Downloading music is not a crime, people like you just want to make it look like it is. And this is a great way for people to listen to lots of different bands one or two songs at a time to see if they like them, rather than pay the sometimes outrageous prices for the albums. I know some people who have downloaded some songs from a band, then went out and bought the album.

Downloading music is like taking towels and such from a hotel room, it won't destroy them financially.

*continues "stealing" music, laughs at Fittisize*

What are you listening to? - Dark Lord Neo - 26th April 2003

Metallica albums are some of the most overpriced albums out there, they cost between $20 and $30CDN while the average CD costs $15, also I have bought almost every one of their albums and since I always listen to music on my computer rather than at a stero I like to have copies of the songs on the computer. While there are a couple albums that I have not yet bought I feel that with the extra $10-$15 I payed on every CD I have more than payed for them, but I do plan on getting them eventually anyways when I have the money.

What are you listening to? - Laser Link - 26th April 2003

Downloading songs is not legal, just like downloading games is not legal.
Quote:Downloading music is like taking towels and such from a hotel room
That quote says you know that full well, but you simply are saying you don't really care or consider it a "real" crime. There are plenty of places to listen to lots of different bands one or two songs at a time to see if you like them, such as mp3.com, where I've just spent way too much time listening to a lot of music that I had heard of but never heard. I'm not trying to attack you and I don't think you are a horrible person if you download music or games or whatever else. My brother dowloads a lot of stuff that he hears on the radio and he says that since the radio is free this should be too, and I get on him about it. I don't think he is an evil person, but I'm trying to encourage him to do what is right, and that's what I'm trying to do here. I know how easy it is to rationalize this, but stealing is stealing is stealing, and it really doesn't matter what you take. So just admit that and if you still don't mind, go for it. But don't try to pretend that it's perfectly 100% moral or legal.

Ace Troubleshooter- 2:00 Your Time

What are you listening to? - Fittisize - 26th April 2003

Well, ok then. If you already have the albums it's ok.

Downloading singles from a band is alright, because the group wants their music to be heard, but I don't like when people download entire albums that they don't already own.

Quote:Downloading music is like taking towels and such from a hotel room, it won't destroy them financially.

Maybe a couple of years ago, when downloading music off the computer was just starting out, that'd be true. But CD sales have dropped over 50% (or more) in the last 3 years. And last year, blank CD's sold more than regular CD's. If you want your favourite band to keep making music, start actually buying it.

What are you listening to? - EdenMaster - 26th April 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Fittisize
Downloading singles from a band is alright, because the group wants their music to be heard, but I don't like when people download entire albums that they don't already own.

For once, I agree with you :). Looking at my playlist, most of the greatest number from a single artist (such as Bad Religion, Green Day, Tenacious D, and System of a Down) I have all of their albums, I keep them in my car to listen to while driving, but have the MP3s on my computer to listen to while inside.

Although, artists whose CDs I don't have, I generally don't have more than four or five of their songs.

What are you listening to? - Dark Lord Neo - 26th April 2003

I think you should be able to download singles, that's what most of the songs on my computer are that I don't already own the cd off, there is the occasional song that isn't a single though.
We are also told how much the author sufferes and such, but a much larger portion of the money from cd sales goes to the record company, and most cd's are overpriced.

What are you listening to? - Laser Link - 27th April 2003

I agree that it's overpriced and it made me so mad that the greedy punks just about killed internet radio (and did shut down some of my favorite stations) because they wanted such huge liscensing fees. I certainly don't like them, but I don't think it justifies taking their property. Just because they are thieves doesn't mean we have to be.

Ace Troubleshooter - 2:00 Your Time
Ace Troubleshooter - Amanda

I can now say with confidence that Ace rules. These songs are so great. And you can even download them for free! WOOO! Somebody try to tell me you don't like these songs.

What are you listening to? - Dark Lord Neo - 27th April 2003

I just noticed that you can buy singles again, finally

What are you listening to? - Weltall - 28th April 2003

I'm not going to justify having so many MP3s, except for that just about all of the Rock MP3s I have I own on either CD or LP, so those are completely legal. Many of those in my collection are also incredibly hard to find in America, being Anime/VGM, so if they wanted my money, they'd find a way to expose themselves better.

But all in all, I like not paying for this stuff. It is stealing, I suppose (But then, isn't taping a movie broadcast the same thing?) The fact of the matter is, I can't feel too bad about stealing from artists who make more money per minute than I do in a month.

What are you listening to? - Sacred Jellybean - 28th April 2003

The Donnie Darko Soundtrack. Awesome score...

What are you listening to? - N-Man - 28th April 2003

Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls

What are you listening to? - LukeIsTerrified - 29th April 2003

I'm listening to No Cities Left, the new album from The Dears. I don't know if any of the Canadian people on the board would have heard of them (they're from Montreal), but I'm really liking their stuff. Dark artsy-pop/rock -- sort of like a 21th-century edition of Pink Floyd meets The Smiths. I'll probably go see them in concert in a few weeks when they start their Canadian tour.

What are you listening to? - Weltall - 29th April 2003

Final Fantasy IX OST - A Face Unforgotten

What are you listening to? - Laser Link - 10th May 2003

I can't believe we let this slip to the 2nd page.

I am listening to the ringing in my ears from the Supertones- Relient K- Pillar-John Reuben-Sanctus Real concert (aka the See Spot Rock tour). It actually wasn't as loud as past Tones and Relient K concerts have been, and was in fact a little disapointing. Relient K only did 8 or 9 songs (and left out Trademark and Hoopes..., my 2 favorite songs), and the Supertones only did about 10. I've definently seen both groups put on better shows. I guess that's what happens when you have 5 bands. :( But it was still fun. And Relient K ripped Avril Lavigne (don't know what song, but my brother recognized it) and Eminem (Lose Yourself) songs, put them together, and threw in a chorus of "Yo Yo Yo" while one of the Sanctus Real guys ran around with Dermike the Buffalo and a sign saying "Yo Yo Yo". So that was really cool.

Oh, and I almost forgot... I met Matt Thiessen! He was just walking down the street before the concert and I recognized him at the same time he saw my Relient K shirt and said hi. We didn't really talk much but it made my day- he was really nice.

What are you listening to? - Darunia - 11th May 2003

John Williams' (Indy Last Crusade soundtrack) -Belly of the Steel Beast (AWESOME!)

What are you listening to? - Fittisize - 11th May 2003

-Rock is Dead by Marilyn Mansion
-Sleeping Awake by P.O.D.

Last two songs I listened to, can anyone spot the connection between then?

What are you listening to? - Laser Link - 11th May 2003

Both artists are on the Matrix Reloaded soundtrack. Actually, Sleeping Awake is from the Matrix soundtrack (good song too), but I don't think the Marilyn Manson song is.

I would like to know exactly how they reloaded this matrix. Did they initialize it to it's identity matrix? Did they find it's vector space or a basis for it? *geek alarms go off*

Now listening to: the Sportscenter song from the tv downstairs.

What are you listening to? - Laser Link - 11th May 2003

My Girlfriend (aka Marilyn Manson Ate My Girlfriend) - Relient K

Last night was the first time in 5 concerts that they did not play this song. It was their first big single and video, and was one of their most popular songs even though they hated it. They only played one song off their first cd, and I was sad. Okay, I will stop going on about the concert now. Honest.

What are you listening to? - Weltall - 11th May 2003

Don McLean - American Pie

What are you listening to? - N-Man - 12th May 2003

Carl Orff - O Fortuna

What are you listening to? - Darunia - 12th May 2003

Gladiator Soundtrack - "The Battle."

What are you listening to? - LukeIsTerrified - 12th May 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Fittisize
-Rock is Dead by Marilyn Mansion
-Sleeping Awake by P.O.D.

Last two songs I listened to, can anyone spot the connection between then?

I'm going to be Captain Obvious here and give you the answer you want to hear:

They are both absolutely awful.

Last five songs I've listened to:

Blur - Crazy Beat
The Replacements - Alex Chilton
Public Enemy - Bring the Noise
Cat Power - He War
The Libertines - The Good Old Days

What are you listening to? - Fittisize - 12th May 2003

I disagree, Luke, both good songs. And the relationship is that one was the song associated with The Matrix, the other is for Matrix Reloaded (but I don't think Manson made a video for Rock is Dead).

The Transplants-Diamonds and Guns

What are you listening to? - Sacred Jellybean - 13th May 2003

Actually, he DID make a video for that song. I remember it.

What are you listening to? - Fittisize - 14th May 2003

Oh. Well I'm too young to remember something that far away. :)

Korn-Hiding

What are you listening to? - Weltall - 14th May 2003

The Doors - Love Her Madly

What are you listening to? - Sacred Jellybean - 14th May 2003

Weltaii is the coolest person in that entire post.

Donkey Kong Country OST - DK Island Swing

What are you listening to? - Darunia - 15th May 2003

The Königräzter Marsch (Nazi bookburning theme from Last Crusade.)

What are you listening to? - N-Man - 15th May 2003

Manu Chao - El Desaparecido

What are you listening to? - Laser Link - 15th May 2003

dc Talk - Free at Last cd. I listen to this cd after every semester ends!

What are you listening to? - LukeIsTerrified - 17th May 2003

Why they always lookin' at me like there's something on my face?
Man, no matter where I go, I'm always feeling out of place.
And I know I'm not your regular, I got a different taste,
Probably 'cause most of my life's spent right in my basement.
I didn't watch the Super Bowl, don't drink alcohol,
I don't carry ID, don't go to the mall.
I'm extra-argumentative and really good at fast-talk,
I can't dance or sing, but I can rap my ass off.

Eyedea is the best MC on the planet.

Also, the Dears put on a killer live show.