Tendo City
The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The GameFAQs Character Battle II (/showthread.php?tid=839)

Pages: 1 2

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - EdenMaster - 6th July 2003

They're doing it again! Who's gonna win this time?

I'm hoping for Ganondorf or Auron. They probably won't win but...hey I can still hope, right?

Follow your favorite character!

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Weltall - 6th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by EdenMaster
They're doing it again! Who's gonna win this time?

I'm hoping for Ganondorf or Auron. They probably won't win but...hey I can still hope, right?

Follow your favorite character!

Meh. Go KOSMOS!

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - OB1 - 6th July 2003

No Crash will beat her! Haha

Probably. It's just a big popularity contest. My picks probably won't go too far. Auron will get knocked out first round by Tails, and I don't think Ganondorf will go too many more rounds.

Recurring characters tend to do better than one-game-wonders.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Great Rumbler - 6th July 2003

I'm going to try to stay out of it this year for the most part. Last year I spent way to much time watching the polls update...

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Weltall - 6th July 2003

Probably. It's just a big popularity contest. My picks probably won't go too far. Auron will get knocked out first round by Tails, and I don't think Ganondorf will go too many more rounds.

Recurring characters tend to do better than one-game-wonders.

Auron will most definitely beat Tales.

Tales may be more tenured in gaming, but as a character he sucks a big fat one.

Didn't Ganondorf just barely pull it out in the first round?

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - OB1 - 6th July 2003

Tails is great! He's like Sonic but can fly. Well, at least in most of the Sonic games... stupid SA 2...

Quote:Originally posted by Weltall
Auron will most definitely beat Tales.

Tales may be more tenured in gaming, but as a character he sucks a big fat one.

Didn't Ganondorf just barely pull it out in the first round?

As much as I'd like to agree with you, many people who look at that poll may not know who Auron is (even though he is the coolest character in FFX), but most everyone knows Tails. He's as well known a sidekick as Luigi (who is kicking Ratchets ass).

Yes, Ganondorf just BARELY beat out Tidus. Like 2% worth, but he had a tough opponent. Would have been tough, since it happened yesterday and I just discovered it was back today...I'd have voted for Ganondorf.

Well, the Auron-Tails poll should be up a couple days. Auron gets my vote, but I'm not hopeful for his victory.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Darunia - 6th July 2003

Squall beats Jill Valentine!? No fucking way, I am so mad now...that thing is just shit.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Dark Lord Neo - 6th July 2003

I want Cloud to win overall

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - EdenMaster - 7th July 2003

Weltall, you'll be happy to know that KOS-MOS is kicking total ass right now, though it is early. However since Samus is a shoo-in for the next battle against Isaac, KOS-MOS has a difficult opponent next round.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - OB1 - 7th July 2003

KOS-MOS is this ultra-powerful robot girl that could beat up just about every fictional character in videogame-land, but Samus is just so much cooler.

Well actually, Mario could probably beat up anyone. The man can't die, and he's so strong that he can crush people into coins. Do you have any idea how hard it is to do that?? I don't know how many kittens I killed trying to accomplish that.... I could have been rich.

*looks up, shakes fist at air*

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Great Rumbler - 7th July 2003

I think the final match will be between Samus and Mario.

Samus came in 7th place last year.

But that was before Metroid Prime.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Weltall - 7th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
KOS-MOS is this ultra-powerful robot girl that could beat up just about every fictional character in videogame-land, but Samus is just so much cooler.

Well actually, Mario could probably beat up anyone. The man can't die, and he's so strong that he can crush people into coins. Do you have any idea how hard it is to do that?? I don't know how many kittens I killed trying to accomplish that.... I could have been rich.

*looks up, shakes fist at air*

Samus isn't cooler. She dies too easily. In a real battle Samus couldn't even blink before KOSMOS would paste her into a tincan.

Who cares which one is stronger? Samus is a million times cooler than that unoriginal, emotion-less robot KOS MOS.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Weltall - 7th July 2003

Who cares which one is stronger? Samus is a million times cooler than that unoriginal, emotion-less robot KOS MOS.

Since when did Samus ever have emotion? Or even a voice? Or even a line of speech outside of a prelude? I haven't finished MP yet but so far I've not heard her say a single word!

Come on. Metroid may be a hell of a game in every way, but as a character Samus Aran is pretty disposable. She has no character whatsoever. You could have easily replaced her with a guy named Samuel Aronis with the same suit and it would not have been any different an experience.

...I voted for Crash Bandicoot.

Since when did Samus ever have emotion? Or even a voice? Or even a line of speech outside of a prelude? I haven't finished MP yet but so far I've not heard her say a single word!

Come on. Metroid may be a hell of a game in every way, but as a character Samus Aran is pretty disposable. She has no character whatsoever. You could have easily replaced her with a guy named Samuel Aronis with the same suit and it would not have been any different an experience.

When did Boba Fett talk? What about The Man With No Name? She didn't have to because she's just damn cool. She did talk a lot in Metroid Fusion, though. That had a pretty cool story. KOS MOS is just another one of those generic robot characters that have been around since the earliest days of sci-fi.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Darunia - 7th July 2003

I don't even know who Isaac is, but my disappointment with Metroid Prime is pitting me with him. I hope he wins.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Weltall - 8th July 2003

When did Boba Fett talk? What about The Man With No Name? She didn't have to because she's just damn cool. She did talk a lot in Metroid Fusion, though. That had a pretty cool story. KOS MOS is just another one of those generic robot characters that have been around since the earliest days of sci-fi.

Since when did Boba Fett not suck?

And what is about Samus that makes her unique or original? Again, while Metroid is great, Samus just doesn't have any life. She's cool because of what she can do, but since Samus herself has almost no character, she could be replaced by anyone with no hit to the story.

You're just showing favoritism.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - alien space marine - 8th July 2003

I vote for Nemo.

in reality http://wsbf.net/cowgod/crap/boards/no.jpg

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Darunia - 8th July 2003

When did Boba Fett talk?

He talked once and briefly in TESB, in addition to all of Ep. 2:

"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - OB1 - 8th July 2003

Since when did Boba Fett not suck?

And what is about Samus that makes her unique or original? Again, while Metroid is great, Samus just doesn't have any life. She's cool because of what she can do, but since Samus herself has almost no character, she could be replaced by anyone with no hit to the story.

You're just showing favoritism.

Samus has plenty of character, and you're not liking Boba Fett shows just how poor a judge of "coolness" you are. :p Boba Fett is a very cool character. He barely talks, but he doesn't have to. Some of the most memorable characters in film have been those that barely had any lines. They just had a cool look and a strong demeanour. Boba Fett is cool, The Man With No Name is cool (if you've never seen the Fistful of Dollars trilogy then you're missing out on some great filmmaking), and Samus is cool. KOS MOS... well KOS MOS is kinda cool, but not in the same league as those other characters I mentioned.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - OB1 - 8th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Darunia
[B]When did Boba Fett talk?

He talked once and briefly in TESB, in addition to all of Ep. 2:

"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me." [/B]

Samus also talked, but not much. That was my point.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Darunia - 8th July 2003

Oh, sorry. My b.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Dark Jaguar - 9th July 2003

Um, perhaps when you play Metroid Prime, you should actually READ the various logs about. You get the whole history of Samus, told VERY well in fact. Play Metroid 4 as well for even more info on her. In fact, in M4 she talks more than in any other Metroid game, even if it's all asides.

And yes, Boba Fett, AND his father, suck :D. They both are supposed to be these hard as nails bounty hunter, but those types of bounty hunters are NOT supposed to die so frickin' easily and pathetically! One died by falling into some worm's stomach, VERY anti-climactic. And the other, the one a huge clone army was made from (probably a bad choice :D), was killed by a Jedi. This WOULD have been cool, except the Jedi did it so easily and non-chalontly and did it WHILE fighting other stuff, not even considering the hunter much of a threat it seemed. Boba never really showed any actual skill anyway, the most we saw him do before his TERRIBLE fighting display where he died was him being a delivery boy. Jengo at least had a decently nice battle against Obi Wan, but nothing major, and it doesn't make up for his pathetic death!

Sorry, but if this is a debate over best bounty hunter, it's either Samus or BB Hood, since THEY aren't dead yet! A pathetic death is a very good way to disqualify yourself in a contest like this.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - OB1 - 9th July 2003

Quote:Um, perhaps when you play Metroid Prime, you should actually READ the various logs about. You get the whole history of Samus, told VERY well in fact. Play Metroid 4 as well for even more info on her. In fact, in M4 she talks more than in any other Metroid game, even if it's all asides.

I already said that, Linda.

Quote:And yes, Boba Fett, AND his father, suck . They both are supposed to be these hard as nails bounty hunter, but those types of bounty hunters are NOT supposed to die so frickin' easily and pathetically! One died by falling into some worm's stomach, VERY anti-climactic. And the other, the one a huge clone army was made from (probably a bad choice ), was killed by a Jedi. This WOULD have been cool, except the Jedi did it so easily and non-chalontly and did it WHILE fighting other stuff, not even considering the hunter much of a threat it seemed. Boba never really showed any actual skill anyway, the most we saw him do before his TERRIBLE fighting display where he died was him being a delivery boy. Jengo at least had a decently nice battle against Obi Wan, but nothing major, and it doesn't make up for his pathetic death!

Sorry, but if this is a debate over best bounty hunter, it's either Samus or BB Hood, since THEY aren't dead yet! A pathetic death is a very good way to disqualify yourself in a contest like this.

Boba Fett didn't die. He made it out of the pit, and he still "lives" today in all of the books and comics. And no matter how good of a Bounty Hunter you are, you'll never be a match for the second-strongest Jedi in the galaxy, Mace Windu (although he did hold his own against Obi-Wan). That was hardly a pathetic death.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - EdenMaster - 9th July 2003

:topic:

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Great Rumbler - 9th July 2003

Why do we have an "Off Topic" smilie? Most of the things we talk about aren't the original topic of the thread.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Darunia - 9th July 2003

Quote:but those types of bounty hunters are NOT supposed to die so frickin' easily and pathetically!

Died so easily...? Pathetically...? One got his HEAD CUT OFF in the middle of a pitched battle! The other one escaped the sarlaac pit and lives today. I think you owe the Fett family an apology, sir.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - N-Man - 9th July 2003

I will as usual represent the "Living in the Past" party as well as the "Nintendo Nazi" party. Going well up to now. Ganon beat the generic Square character pitted against him, although I dunno how he'll fare against Magus. Eh well, it's a more glorious death at any rate. The first bracket will undoubtedly be won by Link.

Cloud admittedly has a damned easy way in front of him. He'll get to the quarterfinals at least, unless Sonic can pull off an upset.

Mario, on the other hand, has some rough times ahead. Kefka, Crono, Sephiroth... ultimately I think he'll come out on top, but it'll be close.

The West is Solid Snake's, with no real competition.

In the end, you'll have Link vs. Cloud and Mario vs. Solid Snake... and an eventual rematch of last year's Link vs. Mario. Unless people decide they want a bit of variety, that is, so you might see favorites cut down early to avoid a repeat.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Darunia - 9th July 2003

How is it determined who wins each match? I'm new to this...

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Weltall - 9th July 2003

As much as I'd like to agree with you, many people who look at that poll may not know who Auron is (even though he is the coolest character in FFX), but most everyone knows Tails. He's as well known a sidekick as Luigi (who is kicking Ratchets ass).

Yes, Ganondorf just BARELY beat out Tidus. Like 2% worth, but he had a tough opponent. Would have been tough, since it happened yesterday and I just discovered it was back today...I'd have voted for Ganondorf.

Well, the Auron-Tails poll should be up a couple days. Auron gets my vote, but I'm not hopeful for his victory.

He's winning 2-1 already.

Don't worry. Tails sucks. He won't win. Auron is a much more popular character.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Weltall - 9th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Darunia
How is it determined who wins each match? I'm new to this...

A poll.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Great Rumbler - 10th July 2003

CATS deserved to win. :(

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - EdenMaster - 10th July 2003

I voted for CATS, but he had a tough opponent.

I'll be damned, you were right Weltall! Auron is winning, however even should he triumph over Tails (which it looks like he will), he's got a challenge in the next round against Cloud. Aren't I a pessimist? Well, I'm still hoping to see Auron in <i>at least</i> the quarterfinals, but I'm not holding my breath that he'll win it all.

Link will probably beat Fox, and Ganondorf might be able to squeak out a win against Magus, but won't it be cool to have the two of them going against each other :)? Link would win, of course, he always does, but it'd just be cool to see. The poll image would probably be a shot form the video at SpaceWorld :D.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Dark Jaguar - 10th July 2003

Magus is cool though, and I'd like him to win against Ganon (probably because Magus became good in the end, but Ganon seems irredeemable at this point...).

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Darunia - 10th July 2003

Quote:(probably because Magus became good in the end, but Ganon seems irredeemable at this point...).

YOU...YOU BASTARD! THATS WHAT SPOILER TAGS ARE FOR! YOU JUST RUINED CHRONO TRIGGER FOR ME FOREVER! AHHHH! In retribution I demand your first born child to be sacraficed to me atop a Goron altar at the beginning of the next summer solstice.

Best wishes,

---Barry.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Weltall - 10th July 2003

I voted for CATS, but he had a tough opponent.

I'll be damned, you were right Weltall! Auron is winning, however even should he triumph over Tails (which it looks like he will), he's got a challenge in the next round against Cloud. Aren't I a pessimist? Well, I'm still hoping to see Auron in <i>at least</i> the quarterfinals, but I'm not holding my breath that he'll win it all.

Link will probably beat Fox, and Ganondorf might be able to squeak out a win against Magus, but won't it be cool to have the two of them going against each other :)? Link would win, of course, he always does, but it'd just be cool to see. The poll image would probably be a shot form the video at SpaceWorld :D.

I knew Auron would beat Tails. Tails, being a Sega creation, simply isn't popular enough. Note that Sonic, Sega's Magnum Opus, will never do very well either because... SEGA.

However, while Auron easily took out Tails, he won't beat Cloud. Cloud is one of the reasons Auron even existed, and people won't forget that. Cloud is definitely one of the elite in this contest.

Sorry bud.

I'll try not to tell you that I'd vote for Cloud, as I really disliked FFX... oh shit :love:

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Weltall - 10th July 2003

I think Magus vs. Ganondorf will be one of the best matchups in this contest, too. I like Magus better and I think he'll end up squeaking the win, but it would not surprise me if the difference ends up being less than 500 votes.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - EdenMaster - 11th July 2003

I knew Auron would beat Tails. Tails, being a Sega creation, simply isn't popular enough. Note that Sonic, Sega's Magnum Opus, will never do very well either because... SEGA.

However, while Auron easily took out Tails, he won't beat Cloud. Cloud is one of the reasons Auron even existed, and people won't forget that. Cloud is definitely one of the elite in this contest.

Sorry bud.

I'll try not to tell you that I'd vote for Cloud, as I really disliked FFX... oh shit :love:

Not only that, but people in the GameFAQs forums are none to happy about Tails losing, and somebody mentioned about how mant Tails fans will vote for Cloud just to spite Auron. He's not going to make it past Cloud, I've resigned myself to that fact :).

YES, Magus vs Ganondorf will be a good battle, but near the end of the first round matchups, Lara Croft vs Zelda ought to be good. Gordon Freeman vs Max Payne should be good too.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - EdenMaster - 11th July 2003

Oh, and don't worry. As I absolutely love FFX, my vote for Auron will cancel out your vote for Cloud. So we're even :D.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Weltall - 11th July 2003

Oh, and don't worry. As I absolutely love FFX, my vote for Auron will cancel out your vote for Cloud. So we're even :D.

Have you even played FF7 yet? If not, you'd better.

Zelda is going to mop the floor with Lara Croft.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Weltall - 11th July 2003

Here are my predictions for the remainder:
Bowser d. Ness.
[bq]It's a given![/bq]
Yoshi d. Conker.
[bq]Yoshi has more star power.[/bq]
Aeris Gainsborough d. Sora.
[bq]One of gaming's premier sweethearts will have no trouble from the newcomer.[/bq]
Master Chief d. Felix.
[bq]Who the fuck is Felix?[/bq]
Zero d. Scorpion.
[bq]I think Mega Man's fading star is still brighter than MK's. [/bq]
Sonic the Hedgehog d. Ken.
[bq]Ken is a sissy.[/bq]

SOUTH DIVISION:

Mario d. Ness.
[bq]I really don't have to explain this one.[/bq]
Wario d. Shadow the Hedgehog.
[bq]Shadow was only in one game, and that game really wasn't that good.[/bq]
Kefka d. Pac-Man.
[bq]The loyal Final Fantastic Legion will ensure this one for the ol' clown.[/bq]
Crono d. Tom Nook.
[bq]If Crono doesn't get at least 90% of the vote I'll be surprised. How could you not like the guy?[/bq]
Alucard d. Bomberman
[bq]This one will be very close I think, but Alucard's coolness will give him the win.[/bq]
Ramza Beoulve d. Kirby
[bq]My Upset Special. Don't underestimate the following that FF Tactics has.[/bq]
Max Payne d. Gordon Freeman.
[bq]This is a toss-up really, I think Max will squeak it out on name recognition alone.[/bq]
Sephiroth d. Raziel
[bq]Raz will be beaten so hard it'll make his dog retarded.[/bq]

WEST DIVISION:

Solid Snake d. Raiden.
[bq]And it won't be close.[/bq]
Yuna d. Knuckles the Echidna.
[bq]Might be closer than it should be, but Yuna will still win decisively.[/bq]
Ryu d. Duke Nukem
[bq]Ol' Duke's been on the rocks lately, but Ryu is one of those semi-immortal characters... at least enough to get him by here.[/bq]
Dante d. Ryo Hazuki.
[bq]Dante will probably win based on his game being hot, but don't be surprised if the Shenmue faithful give their icon a boost.[/bq]
Donkey Kong d. Vyse
[bq]As popular as SoA is with Sega Fanatics, there are simply more Nintendo fans who would vote for anything Nintendo does. [/bq]
Tommy Vercetti d. Kite.
[bq]Okay, this isn't even fair.[/bq]
Zelda d. Lara Croft
[bq]Lara might have the sex appeal, but Zelda had the better games.[/bq]
Mega Man d. Mr Resetti.
[bq]Are there really so few good videogame characters out there that they had to resort to using TWO Animal Crossing characters?[/bq]

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - OB1 - 11th July 2003

I like FF7 but I hate Cloud. Actually I despise all of the PlayStation FF leads. But Auron is cool.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Dark Jaguar - 11th July 2003

What's wrong with Cloud? He just didn't like dealing with idiotic normal conversations. Why should one?

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - OB1 - 11th July 2003

I hate all of these boring, brooding characters. Alright already, I get that you don't like anyone! That's great! I don't care! Zidane was a nice change of pace, but he had one of the worst designs in FF history.

The GameFAQs Character Battle II - Dark Jaguar - 11th July 2003

Zidane? Come on, he was awesome! In fact, he reminds me VERY much of one of my siblings, a little brother of mine is EXACTLY like him, minus the awesome tail.