Tendo City
New Rebel Strike screens - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: New Rebel Strike screens (/showthread.php?tid=834)

Pages: 1 2

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 1st August 2003

Right... from Planet Moon, developers of the great game Giants. Yes, that game does look very good... behind those three games, but its up there. :)

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 1st August 2003

It looks even funnier than Giants. I love that intro FMV. A great reference to ESB and it's really funny!

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 1st August 2003

I'll have to see more of the game to know if its funnier than Giants... that game was very funny... :)

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 2nd August 2003

New Rebel Strike screens - Great Rumbler - 2nd August 2003

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 2nd August 2003

That is pretty cool... this game has a lot of cool stuff in it, clearly. :)

And that's exactly why everyone should buy it!

Factor 5 has made some really cool Star Wars games, but I wish they'd make an original game for once.

After Pilotwings, maybe.

Yeah, Star Wars is great, but some variety is nice too... just like the Lucasarts game lineup. I love their Star Wars games but don't really like it when ALL their games are Star Wars...

But still, Factor 5 shouldn't stop making Star Wars for too long. :)

They should just stop making Rogue Squadron games. I think they'll have covered just about everything with these three games.

But then there's always the prequels...

Uhh... they made one already.... you mean more prequel games?

Anyway, I'd love to see more original games or ones sort of based on the books... :)

I mean prequel games that accurately recreate events in the prequels. Who wouldn't want to play as either Obi-Wan or Jango as they fly through the asteroid field above Geonosis?

That would be pretty cool, but I'd still rather see some original games like: Thornado. That game probably would have been really cool, but it got cancelled.

Star Wars is cool, but do something else for a change, Factor 5!!

I didn't mean that they should only make SW games, just that there's still more stuff that they can do with the universe.

And I can't wait until their Pilotwings comes out. I bet it'll be an N5 launch title.

I like new missions... sure 'play the movies' is fun for a little while but I really like the new stuff...

But the original missions are rarely as fun as the movie recreations.

I thought RS and BFN were pretty good... not lacking at ALL because they didn't use movie missions.

You have to admit that the movie missions in Rogue Leader were far more entertaining than the original missions in RS and BFN.

New Rebel Strike screens - Darunia - 3rd August 2003

Well, yea, but that's only because they're bland an unimaginative. The Battle of Endor in RS was like the best level ever for a space combat sim, but it would've been just as cool if it'd been some other non-theatrical space battle.

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 3rd August 2003

Well the reason why the movie recreations are so much fun is because you're actually playing famous scenes from your favorite (at least some of my favorite) movies, and no other SW game has done that as well as RL.

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 3rd August 2003

The movie-recreation missions were cool, sure, but honestly by the end of the game I was definitely wishing for more original missions...

Oh, and sure this time its a ground mission on Hoth, but its just been done too many times... either as Hoth or some other snow planet...

But that's more a complaint about the game not having enough missions, really... but it did feel strange to have half the game a movie recreation and the other half new. They don't exactly fit together perfectly. I'd say its better to be one or the other in that style of game...

Oh, and while the movie missions are often cooler than the others, I definitely appreciate the originality of unique missions. I wish RS2 had had more of them.

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 3rd August 2003

More is always better, but they didn't have time for more (remember that RL was made in less than a year), so for the most part they could only make the levels that most people wanted.

And the reason why they're doing Hoth again is because they wanted you to be able to do everything that Luke did in ESB that wasn't possible in RL, such as taking down an AT-AT by grappling up and tossing a grenade inside the thing.

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 13th August 2003

There is going to be lightsaber combat in the game! Or at least you'll be able to use one to cut stuff...

The new Rebel Strike flash site is up now, and Dagobah has been revealed to be one of the planets in the game (I hope they include some footage from the movies in there!) and they show Luke carrying a lightsaber. The screens are tiny but you can see the great volumetric fog they're using in that level.

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 13th August 2003

Lightsabers make any game better...

New Rebel Strike screens - lazyfatbum - 15th August 2003

I saw a video of this game and it showed all the areas that these screens display and holy god it took the store manager an hour to get my penis out of the monitor.

The Speederbikes through Endor are reason enough to buy this game.

On a different note, I played Product Number 3 and instantly fell in love. It's great to see all these AAA games so close together.

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 15th August 2003

I wonder if Capcom made any improvements for the U.S. version of the game. The main complaint by everyone with the Japanese version is that it's very short and basically all of the levels are similar to the one in the demo. I was really looking forward to PN03 but I don't know if it'll be worth $40 to me. :(

Well there's always the extremely cool-looking Viewtiful Joe, right?