Tendo City
New Rebel Strike screens - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: New Rebel Strike screens (/showthread.php?tid=834)

Pages: 1 2

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 4th July 2003

From ign:

[Image: rstrike_070303_x8.jpg]

[Image: rstrike_070303_x7.jpg]

[Image: rstrike_070303_x5.jpg]

[Image: rstrike_070303_x3.jpg]

[Image: rstrike_070303_x10.jpg]

[Image: rstrike_070303_x1.jpg]

New Rebel Strike screens - Sacred Jellybean - 4th July 2003

Eek

Very impressive.

New Rebel Strike screens - Great Rumbler - 4th July 2003

Woah! Rebel Strike looks amazing!

New Rebel Strike screens - big guy - 4th July 2003

i think this officially proves that Gamecube is just as powerful as X-Box and anyone who says that it's the weakest of the 3 systems needs to be shot.

these screens look great.

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 4th July 2003

Yeah, it looks good.

Yeah, it looks better than RS2.

No, it doesn't look much different from previous screenshots.

So why a new thread?

New Rebel Strike screens - Darunia - 4th July 2003

Goddamit, I can't wait any longer for this game...it looks fucking awesome! Every screen shot I see makes me more anxious for it. The Endor level looks fantastic.

New Rebel Strike screens - Great Rumbler - 5th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Yeah, it looks good.

Yeah, it looks better than RS2.

No, it doesn't look much different from previous screenshots.

So why a new thread?

They screenshots look awesome, isn't that enough reason for a thread?

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 5th July 2003

No, Mr. Anti-new thread here hates it. Because we have too many new threads, GR! Almost two per month now! Rolleyes

And these new screens do look better than the E3 ones. They fixed a lot of aliasing and texture problems since then.

New Rebel Strike screens - Darunia - 5th July 2003

Yea, those textures are eye-popping; I just hope it looks and runs that smooth on a GC...

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 5th July 2003

According to Factor 5 the game will run smoother than Rogue Leader.

New Rebel Strike screens - Darunia - 5th July 2003

Excellent indeed. Looks like another must-have. Now if only we knew what the levels will be...obviously there'll be ANOTHER Hoth level, and there'll be an Endor ground level...and a Yavin IV level...the whole premis of land-ground missions reminds me of SotE.

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 13th July 2003

Because we already have a perfectly good RS3 thread if you bother to post in that one!

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 13th July 2003

Shut up! We need more threads! Don't make me hunt you down and hit you with a shovel!

You'd never find me.

And we do need more threads, but we need more GOOD threads!

I don't see you contributing any! And who said that they need to be award-winning threads?? Since when did we start having standards here??!!!

Standards... you've got a point there...

You know it.

Yeah, we don't exactly have high standards. But its still dumb to make two threads on exactly the same topic.

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 14th July 2003

Not if the other thread is six pages long and several months old.

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 14th July 2003

Oh well. You could bring it back anyway. :)

Then less people will post there because they'll be like "dude, there is no way I'm gonna read through all of that!".

Yeah, yeah...

New Rebel Strike screens - Great Rumbler - 14th July 2003

Besides, they don't have the same topic. One is about Rogue Squadron 3 and the other is about new images from Rogue Squadron 3. See? Different topics.

Yeah!

Ooh, Rogue Squadron III pictures vs NEW Rogue Squadron III pictures threads! So different!

IGN has some new Hoth videos up and it looks better than ever. I noticed that the walkers leave footprints which looks really cool. A little effect, but cool nonetheless.

New Rebel Strike screens - alien space marine - 15th July 2003

that is some very good shit!

I just preorder Jedi knights of the old republic.

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 15th July 2003

Anyway... yes, this is a must-get game. Factor 5 clearly is the best at console Star Wars games, no question about that...

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 15th July 2003

KOTOR is gonna be better, though. Just wanted to mention that. But that's like comparing a big cruise to a nice walk in the park, so it's not really fair. Or comparing a giant ape to a box full of kittens... because it's like... ah... some...thing....

never mind

Sure KOTOR will be better, but RS3 will be good...

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 15th July 2003

Well of course.

For a simple, mindless shooter RS3 will be great. That is a limited category... but for the category it'll be great. Of course, other, deeper genres are better when done well.

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 30th July 2003

More awesome screens. Looks like you'll be able to experience just about all of the coolest scenes from the OT. Well except for the saber fights, that is.

[Image: 914734_20030730_screen004.jpg]

[Image: 914734_20030730_screen005.jpg]

[Image: 914734_20030730_screen006.jpg]

[Image: 914734_20030730_screen007.jpg]

[Image: 914734_20030730_screen008.jpg]

[Image: 914734_20030730_screen009.jpg]

[Image: 914734_20030730_screen010.jpg]

[Image: 914734_20030730_screen011.jpg]

[Image: 914734_20030730_screen012.jpg]

[Image: 914734_20030730_screen013.jpg]

[Image: 914734_20030730_screen014.jpg]

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 30th July 2003

Wow, does this game look stunning...

I just hope that the ground-based combat is better than the previews say -- they seem to say that its very, very shallow with extreme autoaim and stuff. But Factor 5 should be able to make it a great action game by the time its released... all their games are. :)

Of course, just like RS2, this makes me wish so much that LA would make a sim that looked like this... it'd be SO AWESOME! Easily blowing away a simple action game... for me anyway...

New Rebel Strike screens - big guy - 30th July 2003

i want to print out the screens of endor and rub then on my groin...but i'm too lazy...:(

New Rebel Strike screens - Dark Jaguar - 30th July 2003

You know, I always wanted to know something about those sand worms. A new definition of pain and suffering as you are digested over 1000 years? Doesn't the Hutt know his alien biology? I mean, I don't know about his species, who look like they have the fat to spare to survive that long, but we humans aren't going to be alive for more than 7 days at the most in there, and with such an amazingly slow digestion rate, I imagine the pain wouldn't really be all that great over that small period of time. What, does the creature purposefully keep it's prey alive LONGER than their normal lifespan for some odd reason?

Read Tales of the Bounty Hunters. Its got a ... nice ... story about it in there...

Oh, and you ARE kept alive for 1000 years, as it very slowly digests you. That is the way it works.

New Rebel Strike screens - Dark Jaguar - 30th July 2003

How does it keep you alive that long? Does it freeze you, or somehow genetically alter you to live that long? Does it feed you the whole time? If so, why doesn't it just eat whatever it's feeding you with.

Uhh... hey, is been years since I read that book... but its the story about how Boba Fett escapes the Sarlaac. :)

New Rebel Strike screens - Darunia - 30th July 2003

LOL, DJ, you actually REALLY do have a very good point...and I've never thought of it. What if, by whatever means the Sarlaac keeps you alive for the 10,000 years, we could harness that, and isolate...and then all live indefinitely thanks to the sarlaac? That'd be awesome.

But it keeps you suspended there in horrible pain surrounded by its membrane or something and it slooooowly decays your body... not pleasant...

New Rebel Strike screens - Nintendarse - 31st July 2003

Freud would have something to say about that sarlaac pit...

Seriously, Rebel Strike is looking amazing. That vegetation generator for the Endor level is...WOW.

But F5 has always been a fantastic technical developer. What will really make this a must-buy (for me) is if the gameplay is as polished and remarkable as the graphics.

New Rebel Strike screens - Darunia - 31st July 2003

DONT CHANGE THE TOPIC (but yes, that vegetation is eye-popping; the best I've ever seen in a game... console OR PC)

Well why would it suspend you and keep you alive just to make you feel pain; very unrealistic. Is it like a snake, where it only seldom eats and then is good for a long time...?

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 31st July 2003

I don't know... there was something in that story about the Sarlaac sort of absorbing the person and changing their mind so they kind of become part of the Sarlaac... there was this one 'person' in the Sarlaac who had been there a REALLY long time and had almost nothing of them left but the Sarlaac was keeping them alive (they weren't trying to escape or anything... I don't remember, but the Sarlaac messes with their minds...

Boba Fett of course escaped before it could start disabling him more completely. :)

New Rebel Strike screens - Sacred Jellybean - 1st August 2003

I usually don't buy these Star Wars type games, but this game, I'm definately getting ASAP. It looks awesome. When is it projected to be released?

New Rebel Strike screens - OB1 - 1st August 2003

October something.

New Rebel Strike screens - Darunia - 1st August 2003

I'm already bouncing off of the walls. I wonder how linear the story will be...Tatooine, Hoth and Endor, seems to pretty well span the original trilogy.

Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, Cloud City, Geonosis, and a whole bunch of other planets.

New Rebel Strike screens - A Black Falcon - 1st August 2003

The Lucasarts game I'm most looking forward to is of course KOTOR for PC. Second would be Totally Games' WWII flight sim... it looks quite fun, since its not a hard sim. :) Third is RS3.

Have you seen any of the Armed and Dangerous trailers? The game looks really good.