Tendo City
infomertial stupidity - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: infomertial stupidity (/showthread.php?tid=826)

infomertial stupidity - Undertow - 2nd July 2003

OK, after all the infomercial i've seen in my life...and that's a lot...there's something I can't quite understand. Why is it when ever someone's using a product on television the people suddenly become really stupid? I mean, when people are doing simple tasks such as draining speghetti are they really going to fumble and spill the stuff all over the sink like some unco-ordinated clout? Could they be any less patronizing?

Announcer: "Look at little Debbie there in the corner using her kitchen knives! Isn't she dumb?"

Debbie: "Look mom, I made some chic-AHHHHH" *Debbie cuts off her fingers which fly into the deep fryer*

Announcer: "Don't let this ever happen to you again! Buy Ming Low Chow's ginsu knives and not only will you not cut your fingers off like an assclown, we'll also throw the five sets of uber ninja bbqing swords...FREE! Act now, not only will this deal expire 5 minutes after this ad ends...WE'RE ALSO LYING THROUGH OUR TEETH!"

infomertial stupidity - Great Rumbler - 2nd July 2003

If the people weren't stupid and clumsy they'd have no use for those items.

infomertial stupidity - geoboy - 2nd July 2003

I hate that infomercial that tries to give you those crappy CD ROMS for free (they show it on Comedy Central all the time). Actually, it isn't really an infomercial, but it has that same <i>I'm-a-salesman-trying-to-rip-you-off</i> feel to it. Now why the hell would they make a commercial about them trying to clear out their warehouse full of crappy CDs? It's more cost effective to just throw them away if they really didn't want them. Obviously there's a catch that works in their favor. For one, there's a $7 shipping fee. Plus I bet they try to get you to buy other stuff should you be stupid enough to call them. Then they probably ask for your home address, number, and email so they can sell that information to telemarketers and spammers.

Oh, and my favorite quote from this commercial is "What can these CDs do, you ask? What <i>can't</i> they do! (fake smile to the camera)".

infomertial stupidity - A Black Falcon - 2nd July 2003

Infomercials are idiotic.

Oh, do you mean Mr. 'Learn how to use a computer'? What an idiot...

Infomercials are so awful... does anyone actually watch them? I know I don't... if there's nothing worth watching on (network) TV, like 95% of the time, I just don't watch anything...

Those four months without a TV helped me remember how moronic TV is... I've noticed that even since I did come back to where there is a TV I've been watching a lot less of it (and spending more time on the internet)... I haven't watched any shows regularly (ie every week) in ... quite some time.

infomertial stupidity - Darunia - 3rd July 2003

LOL @ GEOBOY! I know exactly what you mean, and you're 100% right...lol..."what CAN'T they do!"

infomertial stupidity - Great Rumbler - 3rd July 2003

Sadly, people DO buy things that they see on infomercials.

infomertial stupidity - A Black Falcon - 3rd July 2003

That is hard to beleive...

infomertial stupidity - Silent Drone - 3rd July 2003

Yes Diane, it IS hard to believe.

But right now, if you take advantage of our ONE TIME ONLY SPECIAL OFFER. (which will be repeated at 3:00AM each night for the next month as we own this timeslot until then...) You'll not only be able to believe it, but you'll be able to slice, dice, and chop it to itty bitty peices with ease.

Order now, and we'll also include this free CD about how to use this product to kill your ungrateful good for nothing-sleeping-withthefamilydocter Wi--.... Sorry, got a bit emotional folks.

Order now and SAVE money. Remember folks, don't throw away your money, give it to us!

"This was a paid advertisement by the "Hah-Hah Not Funny!" corporation."

infomertial stupidity - A Black Falcon - 3rd July 2003

You forgot to mention that the package also comes with some of their miracle no-excersize diet pills! Now with no Ephedra!

infomertial stupidity - Great Rumbler - 3rd July 2003

It slice! It dices! It washes your clothes while performing complex equation! It's Robo-Pal 5000! Robo-Pal 5000 is a great addition to your home as he can easily do all the things that take you HOURS to do by yourself! Not only that, he's so friendly! Say hello to all the viewers out there Robo-Pal 5000!

Robo-Pal 5000: Greetings, Humans. Purchase me and bring me into your home and I will do all your work for you.

See? Isn't he just the greatest thing ever!

Robo-Pal 5000: And then when I have gained your trust I will slaughter you and your family while you sleep at night. And then I will burn your house down and sell your vehicle to a chop-shop.

Order now and your Robo-Pal 5000 comes with a free rocket-propelled grenade launcher arm attachement!

infomertial stupidity - Silent Drone - 3rd July 2003

:robot: I will kill you all.

infomertial stupidity - -iLluSiON- - 3rd July 2003

Darunia... sigh. *raises fists*:evil:

infomertial stupidity - Weltall - 4th July 2003

:cow:

Welcome, stranger.

infomertial stupidity - -iLluSiON- - 4th July 2003

I am no stranger, for I know Darunia in real life. That is all.

Quote:Originally posted by -iLluSiON-
I am no stranger, for I know Darunia in real life. That is all.

Really? Okay, satisfy my curiousity: Does he act like a Goron in real life? Or like an imperial head of state? Does he declare war a lot?

No, yes, and yes.

infomertial stupidity - EdenMaster - 4th July 2003

Does he really, erm, "sharpen his spear"?

:joysitck:

Buys swords.

infomertial stupidity - Undertow - 4th July 2003

Buys swords.

Wait-

-Ben has swords and he never invited me over?

Hmm... I have swords too... Well, okay, just one. And a swordbreaker.

Undertow: you from our town?

infomertial stupidity - Darunia - 4th July 2003

I have a Union civil war saber, and a British "Bunker Hill" sword. And yes, I do galavant around town, charging to my own battle cry, and waving them in the air. What a feeling.

infomertial stupidity - Undertow - 5th July 2003

Undertow: you from our town?

Uh-huh. I go to high school with him. Mmm, before we graduated of course.

infomertial stupidity - -iLluSiON- - 5th July 2003

*sighs*

Our town sucks. And so does the highschool. That's E! is the only good thing running in that school. :cuss:

infomertial stupidity - Undertow - 5th July 2003

It's not that bad, there might not be much to do but it sure the hell is better than living in Brocton. =)