Tendo City
*Sodomy Ensues* - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Den of the Philociraptor (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: *Sodomy Ensues* (/showthread.php?tid=799)

*Sodomy Ensues* - Dark Lord Neo - 24th June 2003

This story is a few weeks old but still, both storys are from cbc.ca
Quote:Ontario men wed following court ruling
Last Updated Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:50:14
TORONTO - In a landmark decision, Ontario's highest court Tuesday upheld a lower court decision to legally allow same-sex marriages.

"The existing common law definition of marriage violates the couple's equality rights on the basis of sexual orientation under (the charter)," read the 61-page decision.

The current definition of marriage is invalid and the laws must be changed, said the three judges. The court ordered Toronto city clerks to immediately begin issuing marriage licences.

Michael Stark and Michael Leshner

One of those licences was issued to Michael Leshner and Michael Stark only hours after the ruling. The two men were married in a Toronto ceremony attended by about 50 people.

Both men played a key role in the court case

Earlier, Lesher, a crown attorney said, "When we get married, we will have lit a match that hopefully illuminates the world."

"Today is the death of homophobia in the courtroom as we've known it," said Leshner.

"Absolute faith in Canadian values" helped him through the long court battle, said Leshner, who encouraged other countries to follow Ontario's lead.

Despite favourable reception in other provinces to the ruling, Alberta's premier said his province remained opposed to same-sex marriages.

"The law in Alberta is very clear, notwithstanding how some people might feel about it, it's very clear. It's as clear as crystal," said Ralph Klein.

"If there is any move to sanctify and legalize same-sex marriages, we will use the notwithstanding clause, period. End of story," he said.

Court offers new definition of marriage

The judgment follows a federal challenge to an earlier Ontario Divisional Court ruling. On July 12, 2002, the court ordered Parliament to alter its definition of marriage to include gay men and women.

According to the Divisional Court, the federal definition of marriage as a lawful and voluntary union between "one man and one woman" violated the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Ottawa appealed the ruling, arguing marriage is based on a universal concept of a union between one man and one woman.

But the Court of Appeal issued its own definition of a marriage: "the voluntary union for life of two persons to the exclusion of all others."

Prime Minister Jean Chrétien said federal Justice Minister Martin Cauchon is still studying the decision. Ottawa has the right to appeal the decision to the Supreme Court of Canada.

Members of gay rights advocacy group EGALE called on Ottawa to respect the ruling and not launch an appeal.

The case appeared before the court after several same-sex couples tried to apply for marriage licences from the City of Toronto.

Ontario now joins Quebec and British Columbia, where courts have held that denying same-sex marriages is unconstitutional.

If the court ruling stands, Ontario would be the first jurisdiction in North America to make gay marriage legal. Both Quebec and Vermont allow gay civil unions

And the other day

Quote:Ottawa to recognize same-sex marriages
Last Updated Wed, 18 Jun 2003 9:23:01

OTTAWA - Ottawa will introduce legislation to make same-sex marriages legal, while at the same time permitting churches and other religious groups to "sanctify marriage as they see it," the prime minister said Tuesday.

Jean Chrétien made the announcement after a day-long cabinet retreat. It means Ottawa will not appeal two provincial court rulings allowing same-sex unions.

"There is an evolution in society," Chrétien said, "but what is important to me is the freedom of the churches."

To pre-empt legal challenges by the provinces, Chrétien says the legislation will be first checked out by the Supreme Court of Canada. The prime minister says the legislation will be drafted within weeks, and MPs will be free to vote their conscience when the bill is introduced.

Courts in British Columbia and Quebec have made rulings in favour of same-sex marriages, but gave Ottawa time to change the law. Ontario's court ordered the definition of marriage to be changed to include gay couples.

Justice Minister Martin Cauchon says the provincial rulings highlighted conflicts between two fundamental freedoms: the right of association and religious rights. Cauchon says the new legislation will allow the two rights to "cohabitate."

I think this is a good step in recognizing that homosexuals are equal to heterosexuals.
I find it funny that Ralph Klien threatens to use the notwithstanding clause to stop this(the not withstanding clause can only be used by a province when a court rules one fo their peices of legislation unconstitutional) but marrige laws are governed by the federal government, while the provinces have to register the marriges they aren't the ones who can decide who can get married

*Sodomy Ensues* - alien space marine - 7th July 2003

Religions have the right to uphold their moral beliefs, If the gays dont like it they can go to the many churches that do except them.

If a ministry feels a certain couple is not ready for marriage or to imature or just doesnt agree with it he can deny marriage by personal Choice,Its just a minor inconvience to Gays.

The U.S already denies marriage to those with the same blood type.

As for Ralph Klein he is a Nazi Commie who is racist.

*Sodomy Ensues* - Dark Lord Neo - 7th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by alien space marine
The U.S already denies marriage to those with the same blood type.

No they don't. Some states require blood tests before a couple can get married but that is so they know what blood type their partner has incase of an emergency situation, and in a few cases some states require the test so your partner knows if you have any STD's.
It would be almost impossible to deny it to the same blood type because then people would have to know what the other persons blood type is before they ask them out because otherwise they would be wasting their time. Also since about 40% of the population has type O blood that would keep a large portion of the population from marrying a large portion of the population, it just wouldn't make sense.
Yes, churches should be able to make their own choices on who they can marry, but a civil marrige performed by an agent of the government should not be avalible to every consenting adult

I would like our american freinds to clarify on this, My uncle had to do a blood test before he got married and i read before the U.S doesnt like the unhealthy to breed much same way you try to breed the strongest horse.

I heard if you have the same blood type you would have to be common law weither you had a ceremony or not.

*Sodomy Ensues* - Weltall - 7th July 2003

My parents are both O+.

yeah, I've never heard of that either, and as Weltall said his parents both have the same blood type so it must not be true.
As I said before your uncle probably wanted to get married in a state where they test for STD's because they think your partner has the right to know whether they could potentially get one from you or one where they think you should at least know what each other's blood types are just in case you need to know sometime.
None of the Canadian provinces have the STD test thing but some do require you to have a blood test so that your partner will know what blood type you have for if a situation arises where it needs to be known

Most people would tell their partner that they have a STD before marriage, Though I can see why that would exist.

Could it be this blood test type thing is just for certain states?

*Sodomy Ensues* - Undertow - 7th July 2003

I would like our american freinds to clarify on this, My uncle had to do a blood test before he got married and i read before the U.S doesnt like the unhealthy to breed much same way you try to breed the strongest horse.

I heard if you have the same blood type you would have to be common law weither you had a ceremony or not.

Hm, never heard of that ever happening...so I don't think so. And since I see fat couples have kids all the times, they don't restrict unhealthy people from having children. The only marriges that are denied here are gay ones.

edit: I googled the same blood type thing and didn't find it, but I found plenty of info on gay marriges being banned.

*Sodomy Ensues* - N-Man - 7th July 2003

I am personally quite sceptical about the idea that two of the same blood type breeding would be a cause for "weaker" people... this certainly isn't what inbreeding is. If it does exist, sounds like a case of wack science to me.

Well acording to the legal studies textbook that I had for school last year the reasons I stated above were why some states had blood testing

*Sodomy Ensues* - Dark Lord Neo - 8th July 2003

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/07/08/bc_samesex030708
Quote:B.C. ends wait for same-sex marriages
Last Updated Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:51:02
VANCOUVER - The British Columbia Court of Appeal lifted a ban on same-sex marriages Tuesday, giving couples in the province the right to marry immediately.

The decision alters a ruling that would have made same-sex marriages legal, but not until July 2004.

The court had already agreed that the definition of marriage should be the union of "two persons" rather than of "one man and one woman."

B.C. now joins Ontario in making same-sex marriages legal.

United Church minister Tim Stevenson performed the province's first legal same-sex marriage shortly after the ruling. He says the couple "ran" to get their licence as soon as they heard the news.

Stevenson, a former provincial cabinet minister and the first openly gay person ordained in a mainstream Christian denomination, says he's proud to be a Canadian and a British Columbian.

"We are a country that accepts people and tolerates all kinds of people who are engaged in diversity," said Stevenson.

Written by CBC News Online staff

*Sodomy Ensues* - N_A - 18th July 2003

Whatever, gays are still evolutionary selected again, are classified as psychiatrically abnormal in psychiatric texts, and are a public health nightmare like promiscuous heterosexuals.

Those damned Canadians, they're half French anyways, no wonder...

*Sodomy Ensues* - A Black Falcon - 18th July 2003

Wow, how predictable is it to hear N_A say that...

*Sodomy Ensues* - alien space marine - 22nd July 2003

gender idenity desorders are classified as phyciatric problems .

, Since these people try to be the opposite sex and even do have intimacy with same sex and that isnt genetic, as some actual stay hetrosexuals or sort of.

but what is interesting is I heard about a inmate in the U.S who sued the goverment for not helping him get a sex chnage and saying they were being crueil not helping him with his desorder.
he also wanted to be transferd to a womans correctional fecility.

This isnt the same as giving insulin or phycheatric drugs this is a cosmetic thing.

or else we should give free plastic surgerey to all inmates because their noses depresses them and so not giving in is crueil some how?

*Sodomy Ensues* - Dark Lord Neo - 22nd July 2003

Most gay people aren't haveing a gender identity crisis, they know what gender they are and are often just as proud as being male or female as a heterosexual person, they just like the same sex

Are you sure about that?

I was walking around montreal and I run into a handful of what appeared to be lesbians . What i noticed is pairs,that most of them had one that was a normal female in appearence and the other waring mens clothing ,chains,and very short male like hair cuts, Also walked very tight like alot of men with some prowless to it.
(definetly not men, as few men that size have boobs and hips like that)
While yes their are homosexuals who are both perfectly satisfied being males and look and dress and behave like males, But I find this strange.

No I am not a gay basher, I am just pointing out observations.

possible explinations?

1.Lesbians trying to hide themselves by having one dress and behave like men.

2.One is more masculin and loaded with more tertistorine or possible neither or both.

*Sodomy Ensues* - Dark Lord Neo - 22nd July 2003

Who renamed the thread?

The lesbian couples I saw on TV today protesting Ralph Klien's oposition to gay marrige were all very feminine looking

why do they waste their breath on Ralph klein?Why not just wait to elect another premier.

There is nothing Ralph can do now to harm them.

While yes there are feminin lesbians , But there is still this lingering pair with a female and a male want to be.

Ralph klein is a Republican American who has lossed his way into canada, Maybe we should flush him down the toilet and maybe he will be rejoined with his family down south.

*Sodomy Ensues* - A Black Falcon - 22nd July 2003

ASM... you are falling to false stereotypes. It is just totally wrong. They are no different than anyone else on anything other than who they find attractive...

Its not a gender identity disorder. Far too many otherwise completely normal people are homosexuals for that to make even the remotest sense.

*Sodomy Ensues* - Darunia - 22nd July 2003

They are no different than anyone else on anything other than who they find attractive...

No, I don't think so, because something makes (some) gay people act more feminine, and something makes (some) lesbians act more masculine...there must be some chemical or biological or SOME sort of reason for that to happen. It's deeper than just attraction.

*Sodomy Ensues* - N-Man - 22nd July 2003

I must disagree. As far as I've seen, gay men are often as manly as your nearest hetero guy. Sure, there are a few effeminate ones, but then again, who can count the straight guys who, if they don't outright dress like women, at least act in a more-or-less obviously feminine way?

*Sodomy Ensues* - Darunia - 23rd July 2003

Well maybe thats true for you, but from my experience, gay man almost always do have a more feminine behavior, and a more feminine voice. My ex-boss from the deli department was freely, openly and completely gay, and it showed. Cool guy, though. And last week I went to a UMASS thingy overnight, and there was this lesbian with short, spike hair, carrying a little white mouse on her shoulder, and wearing all black and red clothing. Would you not at least GUESS that she were bisexual?

*Sodomy Ensues* - alien space marine - 23rd July 2003

I am suddenly accussed about stereotyping when i clearly said not all ive seen behave like this,I just made a Observation not a acussation.

Sure I have seen feminin hetrosexuals one of which was my boss, Who is now an actor and played a small role in the Piere Trudeau movie.

*Sodomy Ensues* - A Black Falcon - 23rd July 2003

As I said... a few are. But not huge numbers. Not numbers disproportionate anywhere near the point where what you are saying makes any sense.

*Sodomy Ensues* - Dark Lord Neo - 23rd July 2003

You can pick any two men, straight or not and decide one is more masculin than another.
I think it's a telivison sterotype that gays are mostley more feminine
I've seen alot of gays who are more masculine than many straight people I know

*Sodomy Ensues* - A Black Falcon - 23rd July 2003

But when someone is sure a stereotype is accurate they'll think most anything before admitting that it isn't...

*Sodomy Ensues* - Nintendarse - 24th July 2003

N_A, homosexuality hasn't been considered an abnormality in psychiatric texts since 1973.

In addition, the American Psychiatric Association, along with the American Psychological Association, filed an amicus curiae breif which strongly defended homosexuality. I suggest that you read it here: Romer v. Evans

Unfortunately, every time I post that link, nobody seems to read it. You don't have to read all the legal garbage, just start at "Argument."

And yet I know you still won't read it. *sigh* So here are a few key quotes. The numbers refer to endnotes:

Quote:The psychiatric, psychological, and social-work professions do not consider homosexual orientation to be a disorder. [48] More than twenty years ago, amicus American Psychiatric Association removed "homosexuality" from its list of mental disorders, stating that "homosexuality per se implies no impairment in judgment, stability, reliability, or general social or vocational capabilities."[49]

Quote:Likewise, research has shown that many people base their opinions about gay people on an entrenched set of negative assumptions.Both gay men and lesbians are often associated with cross-sex characteristics."Additionally, significant numbers of individuals characterize male homosexuals as mentally ill, promiscuous, lonely, insecure, and likely to be child molesters, while lesbians have been described as aggressive and hostile toward men."[76]

Quote:These images represent crude stereotypes. For example, although gay men have been stigmatized with the allegation that they are disproportionately responsible for child sexual abuse,[77] there is no evidence of any positive correlation between homosexual orientation and child molestation.[78] Similarly, despite stereotypes to the contrary, gay men and lesbians often form committed relationships that share principal elements of heterosexual marital relationships,[79] that are based on deep emotional attachments,[80] and that endure for decades.[81]

*Sodomy Ensues* - A Black Falcon - 24th July 2003

Very interesting. Just helps prove our side more... not like they'll listen though. People like this never do.

On a somewhat related issue. Last week in the science section of the New York Times was a very interesting article... scientists have discovered that 30,000 (or something, I forget the number) years ago there was a major genetic mutation in the human genome that quickly spread around the world.

What did it do? It made modern comprehension and use of language possible. Before that we couldn't do that... but once that genetic mutation happened, it was possible. All kinds of things (such as language here) are genetic.

The point is there is all kinds of stuff about the human genetic code... and we don't know all of it. Why exactly is it so absurd that homosexuality is on it somewhere?

*Sodomy Ensues* - alien space marine - 24th July 2003

No I dont believe they are all child molesters or somthing,while their are some not nearly as much as straights I guess.

i think you guys argue about the justification of homosexuals you should use that as your reason ,not a gene thing which is possible but proven anymore then Iraq having WMD.

Hair is genetic. Skin color. Language. Sexual attraction.

Its still genetic if its blond hair or brown.

So why isn't it genetic if its homosexual instead of heterosexual?

*Sodomy Ensues* - Darunia - 24th July 2003

Well still, in my opinion, I gather that gay men act more feminine and vice versa.

*Sodomy Ensues* - Great Rumbler - 24th July 2003

Language? Are they talking about language in general or particular languages? Becuase I find the latter hard to believe.

Quote:Hair is genetic. Skin color.

But for some reason taste in food is not.

Not a particular language, but the ability to speak and comprehend complex languages (and, presumably, written symbols) on the level we can now, as opposed to the way ancient humans could (on a much lower level).

*Sodomy Ensues* - alien space marine - 25th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon

No proof in humans yet!

I find it very hard to believe that language is genetic?Its somthing you pick up as a infant and brain sucks it in for a year untill your ready to actually use it.Thats why people who were locked away in a room their hole life and rarely spoken too can barely speak themselves. If Language was genetic why would we care about educating children in how to communicate?

*Sodomy Ensues* - Weltall - 25th July 2003

Because you said so yourself with language: The ability to be able to comprehend linguistics is genetic, but not the ability to understand a specific language.

Just like you are born with the ability to be sexual, and the only thing genetic about it is the physical attribute: Your gender. Just as you aren't born knowing to speak any particular language, you are not born sexually attracted to either gender.

I just don't get how you can admit linguistics is not genetic, but still stubbornly insist sexual preference is. The case for genetics is rather poor and very disproven.

Fuck me but why am I wasting my time with this while on vacation!? Erm

*Sodomy Ensues* - Dark Lord Neo - 25th July 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Weltall
you are not born sexually attracted to either gender.

So maybe for all we know you are suposed to be atracted to both

*Sodomy Ensues* - alien space marine - 25th July 2003

Alot of behavour desorders have some inheriated ties to genes but it is still the main result of the individuals actions and Enviroment that causes how people become who they are as adults and individuals, As they say " no one is born evil", While people can be more agressive by nature the overall right and wrong system is mainly the Influeince of their enviroment.

What was retarded was that years ago it was held that Promiscuousness and Loose conduct was genetic they used to sterilized prostitutes and even their children thinking it would be genetic.Thankfully scientific assumptions are not regarded as fact before proven anymore , So atleast we wont be castrated because are dad and mom are achololics.

*Sodomy Ensues* - Nintendarse - 25th July 2003

I agree with Weltall that the case for genetics is patchy and unproven. Because there are no clear scientific causes of homosexuality, it would be premature to put a stake in any of the hypotheses. But, in the same manner, the case for sexual orientation as a choice seems just as dubious. Again, from the amicus brief:

Quote:Current professional understanding is that the core feelings and attractions that form the basis for adult sexual orientation typically emerge by early adolescence. [36] For some people, adult homosexual orientation is predictable by early childhood. [37] Developmental precursors of adult homosexual orientation, however, have not been consistently identified for the population as a whole. [38]

Quote:A number of researchers have found familial patterns and biological correlates of adult homosexual orientation, suggesting that genetic, congenital, or anatomical factors may contribute to its development.For example, recent studies have indicated a linkage between certain aspects of DNA and sexual orientation.[39] Studies of identical twins have found that "heritabilities were substantial under a wide range of assumptions." [40] Another study, as yet unreplicated, reported differences between heterosexual and gay men in the volume of a cell group in the anterior hypothalamus, a brain structure that is involved in sexual behavior.[41] A study published earlier this year suggests that women who had been exposed to certain prenatal estrogens are more likely to be lesbian or bisexual.[42] Another study has suggested an "interactionist" model, under which "genetic factors can be conceptualized as indirectly influencing the development of sexual orientation." [43]

Quote:The available studies of gay experience indicate that same-sex attractions generally emerge by early or mid-adolescence. [44] "By the time boys and girls reach adolescence, their sexual preference is likely to be already determined, even though they may not yet have become sexually very active."[45] The scientific literature thus strongly indicates that sexual orientation is far from being a voluntary choice.[46]

*Sodomy Ensues* - A Black Falcon - 26th July 2003

Quote:I find it very hard to believe that language is genetic?Its somthing you pick up as a infant and brain sucks it in for a year untill your ready to actually use it.Thats why people who were locked away in a room their hole life and rarely spoken too can barely speak themselves. If Language was genetic why would we care about educating children in how to communicate?

Not the inherent ability to do it! It being genetic doesn't mean humans have the innate ability to speak complex sentences and thoughts. It means we have the POTENTIAL to if taught -- we CAN. Unlike species before which, with no matter how much instruction, can physically only learn so much.

Like Chimpanzees, which can with teaching get to the level of a human 3 year old... but never past it.

Quote:Because you said so yourself with language: The ability to be able to comprehend linguistics is genetic, but not the ability to understand a specific language.

But blond hair or brown is, so it depends on the trait.

Quote:Just like you are born with the ability to be sexual, and the only thing genetic about it is the physical attribute: Your gender. Just as you aren't born knowing to speak any particular language, you are not born sexually attracted to either gender.

I just don't get how you can admit linguistics is not genetic, but still stubbornly insist sexual preference is. The case for genetics is rather poor and very disproven.

Oh, I admit that the case for genetic homosexuality isn't 100% yet of course. It will be proven eventually. But the case for it not being concious choise is pretty close to that.

Quote:So maybe for all we know you are suposed to be atracted to both

Doubtful... :)

*Sodomy Ensues* - alien space marine - 28th July 2003

Quote:
Not the inherent ability to do it! It being genetic doesn't mean humans have the innate ability to speak complex sentences and thoughts. It means we have the POTENTIAL to if taught -- we CAN. Unlike species before which, with no matter how much instruction, can physically only learn so much.

Like Chimpanzees, which can with teaching get to the level of a human 3 year old... but never past it.

The thing is we humans have a lobe in our brain which all Mammals have, But ours is Larger and more developed when we are born so it is what allows us to create and use complexe languages.So genetically we all inheriate that Lobe size the same way we inheriate are ability to walk on two legs.

but if you say Orientation are the same as above you are suggesting , we have all have the pontential, but Homosexality is a learnt behavour that is developed by enviroment?If that is what you are saying.

The Mcaas monkey in Japan have a high rate of homosexuality amongst the females and is far to high to just be genetic, They noticed 20 years ago a Mcaa money who was left back out into the world had the habbait of picking up rocks and then droping them for no sensible reason other then pleasure, now the same mcaas who are lesbians also pick up rocks and drop them in that pattern, Scientist have studied these animals for years spinning out theory after theory , But the only conclusion they came too is that the Mcass sexual activities that are homosexual are done not for status,social hiarchy or anything but just for raw pleasure as some kind of entertaining activity.

It doesnt effect procreation since the males who are still straight manage to snag the lesbian mcass and force them to mate anyways.

*Sodomy Ensues* - Weltall - 28th July 2003

[quote]But blond hair or brown is, so it depends on the trait.

But unlike sexuality or language, hair color is not a behavioral trait or a learned ability.

Quote:Oh, I admit that the case for genetic homosexuality isn't 100% yet of course. It will be proven eventually. But the case for it not being concious choise is pretty close to that.

Saying it isn't 100% is like saying that not all humans are born with debilitating physical ailments. It's true, but it's more accurate to say that there's basically no proven evidence to support genetics (only one major study even taken, and the evidence was disproven later), and that choice or environmental cause is practically a given... and of course it's more accurate to say that very few people are born with debilitating physical ailments.

*Sodomy Ensues* - A Black Falcon - 28th July 2003

Quote:But unlike sexuality or language, hair color is not a behavioral trait or a learned ability.

True, but that doesn't really prove it either way.

Quote:Saying it isn't 100% is like saying that not all humans are born with debilitating physical ailments. It's true, but it's more accurate to say that there's basically no proven evidence to support genetics (only one major study even taken, and the evidence was disproven later), and that choice or environmental cause is practically a given... and of course it's more accurate to say that very few people are born with debilitating physical ailments.

As DLN said, its been essentially proven from everything anyone keeping track of this objectively has seen that it is not choice.

Now, how exactly it happens we don't know... but it is most certainly not a choice anyone makes.

At least, not anyone who is homosexual... as I've said before its not what you physically do that makes you it. That will affect your mental state somewhat, but not change the fact that you are one or the other (or in some cases both).

*Sodomy Ensues* - Nintendarse - 29th July 2003

Weltall, I think you're making an assumption that is simply inaccurate. You are assuming that choice/environment is the null hypothesis, while genetics is the alternative hypothesis. Because there is not enough evidence to disprove the null hypothesis, you assume that the null is correct. You must realize that by making choice/environment as the null hypothesis, you are biasing your opinion.

On the opposite side of the coin, if a person were to make hormonal/genetic the null hypothesis, there wouldn't be enough evidence on the choice/environmental side to refute the null. Simply by changing the null with the alternative, this person would come to the opposite conclusion.

I'm of the opinion that there is not enough information to conclude ANYTHING. Just as ABF is incorrect to spin this lack of reliable information into conclusions of a genetic explanation, it is incorrect to spin this lack of reliable information into conclusions of a choice explanation.

Here are more important aspects of the APA brief that Weltall seems to ignore:

Quote:C. The Development Of Sexual Orientation

Current professional understanding is that the core feelings and attractions that form the basis for adult sexual orientation typically emerge by early adolescence. [36] For some people, adult homosexual orientation is predictable by early childhood. [37] Developmental precursors of adult homosexual orientation, however, have not been consistently identified for the population as a whole. [38]

A number of researchers have found familial patterns and biological correlates of adult homosexual orientation, suggesting that genetic, congenital, or anatomical factors may contribute to its development.For example, recent studies have indicated a linkage between certain aspects of DNA and sexual orientation.[39] Studies of identical twins have found that "heritabilities were substantial under a wide range of assumptions." [40] Another study, as yet unreplicated, reported differences between heterosexual and gay men in the volume of a cell group in the anterior hypothalamus, a brain structure that is involved in sexual behavior.[41] A study published earlier this year suggests that women who had been exposed to certain prenatal estrogens are more likely to be lesbian or bisexual.[42] Another study has suggested an "interactionist" model, under which "genetic factors can be conceptualized as indirectly influencing the development of sexual orientation." [43]

The available studies of gay experience indicate that same-sex attractions generally emerge by early or mid-adolescence. [44] "By the time boys and girls reach adolescence, their sexual preference is likely to be already determined, even though they may not yet have become sexually very active."[45] The scientific literature thus strongly indicates that sexual orientation is far from being a voluntary choice.[46]

D. Can Sexual Orientation Be Changed?

The research and clinical experience of amici's members indicates that, once established, sexual orientation is resistant to change.Although there are some reports of therapy leading to changed sexual orientation, there is little evidence that treatment actually changes sexual attractions, as opposed to reducing or eliminating same-sex sexual behavior.Upon reviewing reports on "conversion therapy," one scholar concluded that -- entirely aside from the ethical concerns relating to any such therapy -- there is no reliable evidence that "sexual orientation is amenable to redirection or significant influence from psychological intervention."[47]

If you are curious as to the studies behind these conclusions (as referenced by the numbers), follow
this link and click on the corresponding numbers.

*Sodomy Ensues* - A Black Falcon - 29th July 2003

Choice generally implies 'you can change your mind later'. As that shows, you can't 'change your mind' about this. That says something, and you're ignoring it Weltall...

Oh, and I know that there isn't enough evidence... but I see no way it could be choice.

Now if there's a better explanation than genetics that explains it in a way that fits the facts we know, that'd be fine... but I don't see one...

*Sodomy Ensues* - OB1 - 14th August 2003

*sodomy ensues*

Hump

*Sodomy Ensues* - Great Rumbler - 14th August 2003

:shake:

*Sodomy Ensues* - OB1 - 14th August 2003

I just wanted to use my new smiley.

*Sodomy Ensues* - Moiraine - 18th August 2003

Alot of behavour desorders have some inheriated ties to genes but it is still the main result of the individuals actions and Enviroment that causes how people become who they are as adults and individuals, As they say " no one is born evil", While people can be more agressive by nature the overall right and wrong system is mainly the Influeince of their enviroment.

What was retarded was that years ago it was held that Promiscuousness and Loose conduct was genetic they used to sterilized prostitutes and even their children thinking it would be genetic.Thankfully scientific assumptions are not regarded as fact before proven anymore , So atleast we wont be castrated because are dad and mom are achololics.

You come out with some of the MOST retarded shit I have ever read in my life... And just TRYING to read your posts gives me a damn headache!

*Sodomy Ensues* - OB1 - 19th August 2003

Aren't you kind.

*Sodomy Ensues* - Moiraine - 20th August 2003

Oh well he just sucks...