Tendo City
New episodes of... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: New episodes of... (/showthread.php?tid=794)

Pages: 1 2 3

New episodes of... - Great Rumbler - 23rd June 2003

Space Ghost Coast To Coast!!

That's right, CN is making new episodes of C2C and they will be airing them sometime this fall.

Let the celebration begin!

New episodes of... - Darunia - 23rd June 2003

Oh.

New episodes of... - -_____- - 23rd June 2003

w007!!1111 Every show on Adult Swim kicks ass, except the Oblongs. Blech. Sealab2021 is by far the greatest *runs to kazaa lite*

Quote:Originally posted by -_____-
Sealab2021 is by far the greatest

Sealab is a great series, but it's still second to Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Nothing this side of the Pacific can beat it.

New episodes of... - Fittisize - 23rd June 2003

Good God you watch a lot of TV GR!

ATHF is just so good you don't need to see the other shows to know they'll never surpase it's supreme awesomeness.

New episodes of... - OB1 - 23rd June 2003

I know, I heard about this about a month ago. It's so awesome! Space Ghost is the father of the current Williams Street lineup, and it still remains the best of them. Aqua Teen is close, though. Very, very close. I like it more and more with each new episode.

New episodes of... - Dark Jaguar - 24th June 2003

Yeah, that Oblongs show is just... well... feeding on outdated views of life. Ooh, how rebellious, they are making fun of the oppressive upper class! *bleh*

New episodes of... - Great Rumbler - 24th June 2003

Really the only reason that the Oblongs funny was because of Will Farrell, but even that wasn't enough to save it from being just another mediocre cartoon series. I did have it's moments, but not very many.

Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021, Harvey Birdman, now that's comedy times ten to the 8th degree of hilarity!

New episodes of... - OB1 - 24th June 2003

That episode of The Brak Show with Space Ghost (titled "Runaway") was almost as good as Aqua Teen and Sealab.

New episodes of... - Darunia - 24th June 2003

I regularly watch Family Guy and Futurama, and now I've begun watching Lupin III (a cautious wading through the definitively iffy world of Japanimation). I like Aqua Teen too, but as far as I know it's only on late on Sundays, and I work 12 hours every Sunday so am in no position to stay up to watch it.

Haha, be careful saying "Japanimation" around the hard core. Some of them are REAL jerks about anime and would probably crucify you for using that term.

New episodes of... - A Black Falcon - 24th June 2003

I would, but attempting to correct Darunia's many ... issues ... would be pointless...

Like me!

Seriously, though, "Japanimation" has gone out of use and has been replaced by the shorter far more cooler "anime". It has a nice ring to it and it fits easily into your purse or wallet.

And there's nothing "iffy" about anime, it's all great. Well, not DBZ, but there's no need to go there.

So did y'all get the Bebop movie on DVD today? It just came out. In R1, that is.

I'll definitly get it, but probably not this week.

So does anyone else watch Lupin the Third?

No, I haven't... I'm watching some animes I have on my harddrive but haven't downloaded that one.

It's on Monday-Thursday at 1:30am; it's the last show on Adult Swim every night at that time. I stay up for it. It's...campy...weird...cool...funny.

I've seen a couple episodes, but it's just not all that good if you ask me. However, a friend of mine has a big collection of lupin manga for some reason, which he swears is a million times better than the anime. I guess maybe I'll take a look at it eventually.

New episodes of... - Laser Link - 24th June 2003

Okay, so what does "campy" mean?

Funny in a goofy sort of way.

Lupin is great and it has aged very well, but if you don't like the series you might like the awesome Lupin movie "Castle of Cogliostro".

Wow, that describes me perfectly. I should get a shirt that says "I'm Campy!" or something.. :)

Kind of lame, but funny/goofy/nostalgic enough that you don't care?

I'd say that the TMNT cartoon is campy... its stupid, but yet great... :)

Eegads! OB1 & I agreed on something. It must be my imposing NEW GORON ORDER flag and motto...it has a very imposing effect on people. Did I mention that it's imposing?

Quote:Kind of lame, but funny/goofy/nostalgic enough that you don't care

Oh wow, that fits me even better!

But usually people don't want to call themselves stupid... :)

New episodes of... - OB1 - 25th June 2003

Lupin is great. It's kinda like Cowboy Bebop with a ligher tone and that great Miyazaki quality that we all know and love.

New episodes of... - A Black Falcon - 25th June 2003

Its Miyazaki? Maybe I will try to find some then...

His first anime show, I believe.

Yeah, I thought he just did movies.

Nope, he directed Lupin III, Future Boy Conan, and Sherlock Hound. I think those are the only tv series he directed.

New episodes of... - Great Rumbler - 25th June 2003

Actually, the Lupin III that comes on Cartoon Network is Lupin III Part 2, which Miyazaki only directer 2 episodes of. However, the first series was directed almost entirely by Miyazaki.

Lupin III Part 1

Lupin III Part 2

Hayao Miyazaki

Oh.. I thought the one on CN was the first series rather than "The NEW Lupin III". That's stupid.

What, is part 2 worse?

New episodes of... - Great Rumbler - 25th June 2003

I don't know if it's worse, but only 2 episodes of it are directed by Miyazaki.

Well the series they show on CN is great.

New episodes of... - Darunia - 26th June 2003

Yea; it's old...from the 70's at least...and I don't know who the fuck this Miyazaki dude is, (and I'm not sure I care), but WHATEVER they show at 1:30 on most week nights is fucking good shit and I like it. OB1 seems to agree.

New episodes of... - A Black Falcon - 26th June 2003

Miyazaki's one of the best makers of anime! He made Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke...

New episodes of... - Great Rumbler - 26th June 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Darunia
and I don't know who the fuck this Miyazaki dude is, (and I'm not sure I care),

Wha...WHAT?! You don't know who Miyazaki is?! I can't believe it!! Miyazaki is easily one of best anime directors EVER! He directed Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro [which I still haven't seen], and the upcoming Howl's Moving Castle [based on the book]. All of which are great movies.

New episodes of... - Darunia - 26th June 2003

That all means very little to me. I don't really LIKE THIS GENRE of animation (nor this geographic region, not it's peoples;)) but I DO like Lupin. Maybe if given time and not hassled, I could wade into the world of animé deeper.

Quote: I don't really LIKE THIS GENRE of animation (nor this geographic region, not it's peoples)

If I wasn't so far away from you I'd slap you in the face.

How can you not like anime? That's like saying you don't like live-action movies! Animes are as diverse in style, substance, and genres as any other medium.

New episodes of... - Dark Jaguar - 26th June 2003

Indeed, and if you think it's kiddy for any reason, I should remind you that both action movies and romantic comedies, the two most common movie types these days, are just kid's movies in and of themselves, aimed at adults who never grew up, the bad way of not growing up mind you. The same people who make stupid commercials about "the new grownup taste" when kids have superior tasting ability!

You don't like it's peoples? The only possible way to take that is in a racist tone! If you have a problem with the war, may I remind you that all the people you have a problem with, the fighters, are retired or dead by now, and NOT the current generation that currently rules Japan. How can you possibly judge descendents based on the actions of their grandparents? That's like saying "well, the murderer killed himself, but we have to punish someone, so let's kill the guy who was standing next to him in a movie line one time". They are SEPERATE PEOPLE you know.

Oh and, you seem to forget that all your favorite games were made in Japan.

You know, just when we were starting to think you were cool, your racist side comes back out :D.

Yeah, Miyazaki is the most famous anime director there is...

And anime isn't a genre! Its far too diverse for that! Its an art style...

Quote:You don't like it's peoples? The only possible way to take that is in a racist tone! If you have a problem with the war, may I remind you that all the people you have a problem with, the fighters, are retired or dead by now, and NOT the current generation that currently rules Japan. How can you possibly judge descendents based on the actions of their grandparents? That's like saying "well, the murderer killed himself, but we have to punish someone, so let's kill the guy who was standing next to him in a movie line one time". They are SEPERATE PEOPLE you know.

You're surprised? Darunia has already proven himself to be quite racist...

Oh, but you are right that he is blinkered to the fact that all his favorite games are from there too. :)

Quote:And anime isn't a genre! Its far too diverse for that!

Exactly.

Quote:Darunia has already proven himself to be quite racist...

It's a fact.

Quote:Oh, but you are right that he is blinkered to the fact that all his favorite games are from there too.

I wonder how long it will take for that fact to register.

He'll have to come up with something that doesn't show how dumb he is... it won't work. :D

New episodes of... - Dark Jaguar - 26th June 2003

....Blinkered?

Narrow-minded.

Sort of but I was specifically referring to the things you put on a horse so that they can't see to the sides... it keeps them from seeing things that may startle them and cause them to bolt...