Tendo City
It's another WOT poll!!!11! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: It's another WOT poll!!!11! (/showthread.php?tid=790)

It's another WOT poll!!!11! - Laser Link - 21st June 2003

Who is your favorite character? As there are too many, I won't do a poll.
On second thought, I'm gonna do a poll anyway, because I'll use any excuse to make a poll. I even made a new username just to do polls once.

It's another WOT poll!!!11! - Laser Link - 21st June 2003

I like Rand. Rand rules. I think Randland is a great name for the continent. He was my favorite from the beginning of the first book. All those people who bash on him and say he's arrogant and selfish are losers. Thank you.

It's another WOT poll!!!11! - Weltall - 21st June 2003

Narg has won my heart :love:

It's another WOT poll!!!11! - Great Rumbler - 21st June 2003

Quote:sheepherder

Min's never going to let Rand live that down.

Rand is my favorite character. No less than three women are totally in love with them, he's the leader of about a third of an entire continent, and if you make him mad he can vaporize you in an instant. Sure he might be more than slightly insane at times and he has another person living in his brain, but, hey, everyone has their faults right?

It's another WOT poll!!!11! - Laser Link - 22nd June 2003

Rand is not insane! LTT is insane but Rand isn't. Well, there is that taint sickness that happens whenever he channels now, but that's different. Seriously, why do you thinK Rand is insane? A lot of people say he is, but I don't see it. He didn't mean to go berzerk with Callandor while fighting the Seanchan, that was a defect of Callandor (that it can't be used safely unless the guy is linked with 2 women). To me he seems like a person who found out he is his own worst nightmare and is doing the best he can to do what he has to do without killing everyone.

It's another WOT poll!!!11! - Great Rumbler - 22nd June 2003

I did say "at times", and I did mean that it was becuase of the taint. And having another person poking around in his mind can't help the situation.

It's another WOT poll!!!11! - A Black Falcon - 22nd June 2003

Its been too long since I read a WoT book... (since last year)... I can't remember who all those people are by the descriptions...

It's another WOT poll!!!11! - Great Rumbler - 24th June 2003

I can recognize most of them, as for remember their names, well that's a different story.

It's another WOT poll!!!11! - A Black Falcon - 24th June 2003

Mother
The Daughter Heir - Elayne?
The Wisdom
Wannabe Wise One - Avendiha (sp?)?
Bela
Narg

Who/which one are these characters? I can't identify them exactly, I think... well some I think I know, but am not absolutely sure.

It's another WOT poll!!!11! - Laser Link - 24th June 2003

Mother is Egwene, since she is the Amyrlin Seat now and all the Aes Sedai have to call her Mother, a little thing that always makes me snicker.

Elayne is the Daughter Heir.

Nynaeve is the Wisdom. She has always been. Sillies. :)

Aviendha is the Wannabe Wise One.

Bela is Rand and Tam's old horse. Egwene rode her out of Emond's Field and somehow Bela has managed to show up every time they need her. I think Rand took her to Tear in The Dragon Reborn, but I'm not sure about that or how Bela got to Falme. Maybe when Liandrin tricked Egwene and Elayne? Then Egwene rode Bela throughout the Waste and back into Cairhien, I think. But somehow Suian has Bela now, and I'm not sure how that happened. Maybe Bela never left Tar Valon until after the rebellion. Anybody remember? Anyway, Bela has sort of become very popular among some WOT fans, like the wotmania people. Some people even jokingly (I hope) think Bela is the Creator or the Dark One. :)

Narg is that Trolloc that spoke to Rand in the attack on Emond's Field. I guess it's a pretty big thing to have a Trolloc talk to you, even Lan was surprised. He has also become very popular, although sadly his fame came posthumously.

I cheated and gave one vote for Perrin 'Lord Golden Eyes of Manetheran' Aybara for my friend David. He loves Perrin so much that he actually seriously considered getting yellow contact lenses before he had his eyes fixed with laser surgery. I'm surprised he didn't go get non-prescription lenses now, or get his eye permanently changed. Maybe he can get some wolf DNA spliced in like that Batman Beyond episode. That would be shway.

Well then... you forgot to list Myn!

Well then... you forgot to list Myn (Min? I don't remember...)! Mad

It's another WOT poll!!!11! - Great Rumbler - 24th June 2003

It's Min.

Yeah.

I ran out of room. I was going to use Min or Moiraine, Thom, Loial, Fain, or somebody else but I had to throw in Bela and Narg. :)

I don't even know/remember Narg. Is he in the newest book?

And you are right, there are a LOT of major characters... maybe just a list and 'which do you like' would have been better than a poll? :)

Of those listed, I'd probably say Rand... though I like all the major characters. I'm not sure which is really my favorite... they're all good!

Erm... when does book 10 come out in paperback?

Not for a while, I'm sure... maybe I'll see if the library has it...