Tendo City
Futurama on DVD - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Futurama on DVD (/showthread.php?tid=767)

Futurama on DVD - Great Rumbler - 15th June 2003

Right now I'm watching season 2 on DVD [PAL import] and it really is worth the price, which is only $30-40. My favorite part of the DVD's are the commentaries, which provide some insite into the series and reveals some of the secrets you might not catch, but mainly it's just downright funny. The commentaries themselves are worth the price you pay for DVD's. And of course the series itself is really funny and, IMO, one of the best American cartoon series around [close behind ATHF, Space Ghost C to C, and Sea Lab].

Futurama on DVD - Dark Jaguar - 15th June 2003

I saw a Family Guy DVD for sale recently, though I didn't get it. The series is still on, so why should I pay for what I get for free? The Drizzle has spoken!

My fave series ever is still Ren and Stimpy, and I oh so wish that Nickelodeon would just sell the rights to the guy who made it so he could make new episodes. It could be on Adult Swim!

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
The series is still on, so why should I pay for what I get for free?

The commentary track. You should get it on DVD just for that. Believe me it's worth it.

Futurama on DVD - alien space marine - 15th June 2003

Its a Shame futurama got the axe!

Is the track as hilarious as the show? It would have to be. You also have to note that I am NOT one who tends to buy cassettes or DVDs of ANYTHING ever, unless it's REALLY special. For instance, though the Lord of the Rings trilogy is shaping up to be the best movies I've seen (though it may be biased due to me reading the book beforehand and thus knowing more about what's going on), I have yet to buy any of the DVDs, because I'm waiting for the 3rd movie to be released on DVD, then special released with extras, and THEN for the special trilogy combo back with even more extras to be released after that, before I buy it. It's all in my memory until then, which tends to be good enough for me. Aside from exceptional things like that, I almost never see a movie twice aside from comedy for some reason.

If the track is just plain info, never mind entirely. While I'm sure many people love commentary tracks, they bore me. Plus, for the few I've listened to for things like comedy movies and shows, I end up getting dissappointed when the makers actually end up having political opinions and I find out they were actually trying to express something deep in the comedy. That RUINS it for me!

Futurama on DVD - OB1 - 15th June 2003

Hey you all know that brand-new Ren & Stimpy episodes are being made for TNN, right?

http://www.thenewtnn.com/shows/animation/media/Ren_and_Stimpy.mpg

*comes back after hearing about said thing*

*almost embarresses self posting topic on it until reads that someone beat self to it*

*doesn't care, then the wave of coolness hits self*

*goes into seizure of epic proportions which breaks open the firmament and floods half of Jupiter*

I AM SO HAPPY!

Quote:Is the track as hilarious as the show?

It's at least a funny as the series. Just to make a point I've listened to the commentary for some episodes more times than I have seen them without commentary.

Quote:You also have to note that I am NOT one who tends to buy cassettes or DVDs of ANYTHING ever, unless it's REALLY special. For instance, though the Lord of the Rings trilogy is shaping up to be the best movies I've seen (though it may be biased due to me reading the book beforehand and thus knowing more about what's going on), I have yet to buy any of the DVDs, because I'm waiting for the 3rd movie to be released on DVD, then special released with extras, and THEN for the special trilogy combo back with even more extras to be released after that, before I buy it. It's all in my memory until then, which tends to be good enough for me. Aside from exceptional things like that, I almost never see a movie twice aside from comedy for some reason.

You're weird and I am totally not even in the slightest bit joking.

Quote:Plus, for the few I've listened to for things like comedy movies and shows, I end up getting dissappointed when the makers actually end up having political opinions and I find out they were actually trying to express something deep in the comedy. That RUINS it for me!

They do explain some of the reasons for certain things in the series, but the guys on the commentary [Billy West [Fry], John Dimagio [Bender], David Cohen, Matt Groening, ect.] laugh at the series almost as much as me. They didn't put some serious, deeper meaning into the series, they just made a show that was funny.

Quote:If the track is just plain info, never mind entirely.

It does have some info about the episodes, but people on the commentary also make fun of various things in the series.

I'm just not a movie or series buyer, just a casual watcher. In fact, my whole library of movies are gifts aside from one, MAYBE 2. The same goes for music actually now that I think about it, though I have bought more of those.

However, Futurama doesn't matter any more EVER! Ren and Stimpy is back, so now I don't need all that other karp, which only by watching combined managed to stave off suicide!

You know you could watch BOTH Ren & Stimpy and Futurama.

I could? Well that changes everything! If only it were true...

Oh by the way, did you know that eating a cross to gain immunity to vampires doesn't work? Take my word for it...

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
Oh by the way, did you know that eating a cross to gain immunity to vampires doesn't work? Take my word for it...

...That's it I'm bringing out the Spank Ray! Don't think I won't, because I will! In fact, I'm getting it out right now!

Don't try to repel vampires by rubbing onions all over yourself either...it attracts moths.

Wally: So I managed to sell them the "Tomeatos" as building materials instead of food.

Boss: Excellent. Now when you come back, be sure to tell me how much money I allocated to this, and why I sent you, and while you are at it, tell me who I am.

Tina: No, I can proove I didn't do it. Look here *smashes person's head into table*

Loud Howard: I'M AFRAID OF TINY PEOPLE! THEY CAN RUN IN YOUR MOUTH! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO'S WORRIED ABOUT THAT?

Pest control Guy: I shall lead them out by playing a tune on my piccalo, and if that doesn't work, I fill the building with toxic gas.

Dilbert: You can't kill them just because they are annoying!

Boss: You don't really know until you try.

Dilbert: I can't believe it would be so hard to just put some safety cones around this man hole!

Street Worker: Oh yeah? I bet you couldn't last one day doing my job!

Dilbert doing Street worker's job: *sees Ratbert swimming in sewer* You call that a backstroke? That's terrible!

Ratbert: Oh you think you could do my job?

Dilbert doing backstroke: Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut, especially with the sewer water I'm swimming in.

Futurama on DVD - OB1 - 15th June 2003

You guys heard about the Adult Swim DVDs coming out this fall/next spring, right? The first set will be Space Ghost and it will include the full first season-and-a-half of the show, so no "greatest of" DVDs! Full seasons! Aqua Teen will follow after, most likely in the spring.

Yep, well, not heard, but read, on those cool black and white cards that are such REBELS! Well, not "rebels", so much as using the idea that we have free will and CAN rebel to control us and make us watch it, because they are the MATRIX!

Futurama on DVD - Great Rumbler - 16th June 2003

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
The first set will be Space Ghost and it will include the full first season-and-a-half of the show, so no "greatest of" DVDs! Full seasons! Aqua Teen will follow after, most likely in the spring.

YES!

Futurama on DVD - Darunia - 17th June 2003

I got the Futurama DVDs as a grad gift.

Quote:The series is still on, so why should I pay for what I get for free?

So you can watched any episode you want at any time, get a little bit of extra material, audio commentary, and above all else, LISTEN TO IT WITH THE FRENCH AUDIO! Woo hoo!

:p

Futurama on DVD - OB1 - 18th June 2003

:eek2: