Tendo City
My uBlock Youtube filter list - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: My uBlock Youtube filter list (/showthread.php?tid=7502)

My uBlock Youtube filter list - Dark Jaguar - 9th November 2023

Look, I don't mind advertising in and of itself.... but Youtube has crossed so many lines with how annoying their ads are that I finally just went ahead and installed uBlock.  When they go back to how it used to be, just using still pictures on the right side of the page, out of the way and all, THEN I'll remove my ad blocker.

Until then... here's my custom filter list.

[code]
! https://www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-left-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-left-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-channel-this.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-left-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-playlist.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-channel-this.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-website.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-left-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-channel-this.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-left-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-website.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-button.branding-img-container
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-left-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-channel-this.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-playlist.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-left-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-channel-this.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-webkit-ellipsis.ytp-ce-video-title
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-left-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-left-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-channel-this.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-channel-that.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-left-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-channel-that.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-channel-that.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytd-rich-grid-renderer.style-scope > .ytd-statement-banner-renderer.style-scope
www.youtube.com##.ytp-cards-button-icon-default
www.youtube.com##.ytp-cards-teaser-text
www.youtube.com##.opened
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-left-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-website.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-left-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-channel-that.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-playlist.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-channel-this.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-bottom-left-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-channel-that.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-top-left-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-channel-this.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-left-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-playlist.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-bottom-left-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-channel-this.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-playlist.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-top-left-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-website.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-bottom-left-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-playlist.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-website.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-channel-this.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-top-left-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-853.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-channel-that.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-channel-that.ytp-ce-channel.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-bottom-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-website.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-playlist.ytp-ce-element

! Player scrollbar https://www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com##html:style(scrollbar-color: initial !important; scrollbar-width: initial !important;)

! Player border radius https://www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com###ytd-player.ytd-watch-flexy:style(border-radius: 0px !important)
www.youtube.com##ytd-watch-flexy:style(border-radius: 0px !important)

! Thumbnails border radius (like startpage) https://www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com###thumbnail:style(border-radius: 0px !important)

! 2023-11-06 https://www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-1280.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-medium-round.ytp-ce-website.ytp-ce-element

youtube.com##+js(set,yt.config_.openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false)
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0)
youtube.com##+js(set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, [])
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)
[/code]

RE: My uBlock Youtube filter list - A Black Falcon - 9th November 2023

Wait, you weren't using ublock before?  Did you have a different ad blocker?  I started using ad blockers back in the '90s because of all  of the virus-infected ads that there re.  I haven't looked back since, but I did upgrade from Adblock Pro to Ublock Origin a few years ago.

Here's the weird thing, though -- I haven't seen any ads at all on Youtube.  Not even a "Hey, you're blocking the ads, stop that!" message.  Nothing.  I know I have ublock, but I haven't updated it in a while, it's interesting that I'm not seeing anything. I'm glad about it but it's kind of interesting.

(When watching Youtube on my TV I do have ads though, there's no way to adblock there... ah well.)

RE: My uBlock Youtube filter list - Dark Jaguar - 10th November 2023

They're being selective about it right now, but don't worry, you're on their list.  Just keep your filters updated.

And yes, I didn't block ads, I just blocked flash.  The ad itself can't infect you unless you download and install it, so I'm not personally worried about viruses, I'm just annoyed by how horrible they've become.  I know sites actually need that ad revenue after all, so I'd rather not interfere with that, BUT, Youtube has gone way too far.