Tendo City
No Spaceworld - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: No Spaceworld (/showthread.php?tid=747)

No Spaceworld - A Black Falcon - 5th June 2003

OB1 appears to have been right.

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/news/news_6029528.html

No Spaceworld - Great Rumbler - 5th June 2003

Well isn't that just a kick in the pants!

No Spaceworld - OB1 - 5th June 2003

Told ya so. Cool

*realizes what he was right about*

*runs away, crying*

No Spaceworld - A Black Falcon - 5th June 2003

Yeah! Take THAT, Mr. "See they wont have it see i'm right isn't that great!"... :chainsaw:
:D

No Spaceworld - OB1 - 6th June 2003

I was still right!

No Spaceworld - A Black Falcon - 6th June 2003

Its not something to be proud of. :)

It just goes to show you that you should believe me more often.

No Spaceworld - Great Rumbler - 6th June 2003

Hahaha...No.

I agree. :)

No Spaceworld - Great Rumbler - 6th June 2003

High-five!

Bounce

:eek2:

there there, it'll be okay...

Especially with the help of this specialized tool.

:chainsaw:

No Spaceworld - Great Rumbler - 7th June 2003

Hahaha, I love that pic, OB1! :D

No Spaceworld - OB1 - 7th June 2003

So do I. :D

No Spaceworld - Great Rumbler - 14th June 2003

And ABF says that Penny Arcade isn't funny! What a maroon!

No Spaceworld - A Black Falcon - 14th June 2003

That picture is just stupid.

And PA is funny sometimes... just not usually. Most of their humor is so lame and not funny at all... but sometimes it is funny.

One funny one was the one about Lords of Everquest... :D

No Spaceworld - OB1 - 14th June 2003

You sir are ufunny and lame.

No Spaceworld - A Black Falcon - 16th June 2003

Oh, you sure showed me...

No Spaceworld - Great Rumbler - 16th June 2003

I...You know I had a really funny joke that I was going to post, but now I can't remember the whole things. It was really funny, though! If I can remember right it involved ABF, a rolled up newspaper, some spandex underpants, a big screen tv, one of those ultra-cool electricity globe thingies, a potato that looked like Abe Lincoln, a pair of clown shoes, some toothpaste, a jar of kosher pickles, Bill Gates mansion, a Nixon impersonator, a copy of "Whose Line Is It Anyway" on DVD, a pillow filled with rocks, a Transvestite Hooker Vampire Lesbian Robot, Gary Gygax, and a very large and very unhappy cavetroll.

You draw your own conclusions as to where that joke would have gone. :D

No Spaceworld - big guy - 16th June 2003

gay sex

it would have ended in gay sex...

everything in this forum ends in sodomy...

No Spaceworld - OB1 - 17th June 2003

ABF, how could you be the judge of comedy when you yourself never try to be funny? You probably killed that part of you a long time ago, which is why you only find unfunny comics to be funny.

:wave:

No Spaceworld - A Black Falcon - 17th June 2003

Quote:ABF, how could you be the judge of comedy when you yourself never try to be funny?

That isn't true. But you never seem to be able to tell when I'm not serious...

And there are dozens of strips funnier than PA. :)

No Spaceworld - Great Rumbler - 17th June 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
And there are dozens of strips funnier than PA. :)

Oh yeah? Well, can you prove it?

Well in that statement I was kind of refrencing that when OB1 said that I listed about 15 that I thought were better and another dozen that are on par with it. And he denied that any of them equalled it, which he obviously can do after reading one or two strips...

The problem with PA? Its humor just isn't funny most of the time! "wow thats so stupid" just isn't funny 99% of the time... and that's pretty much all of their humor.

Come on now, ABF. When's the last time you joked about anything?

I do sometimes. And as I said, you never seem to be able to figure out I'm not serious... I don't know why. Maybe they're not obvious enough? :)

Or maybe they're just not funny to us regular folk.

Its the same reason that most sitcoms are so stupid... I just don't find that humor all that funny...

The latest 8-Bit Theater is very, very funny. One of the best yet in what is (IMO) the funniest strip on the net... It'd be a lot less funny without the context of reading the strips in the story its in (and some other older ones to get the strip better), but that's good. I like "story" and "plot" in comics... something that PA is devoid of. Which isn't a good thing.

No Spaceworld - Dark Jaguar - 17th June 2003

Do you mean the one they just uploaded today with the today's movie stuff? I actually found that unfunny. Too, topical. Topical humor is the worst, plus it ages terribly. Then again, the recent Bob and George comics have also been missing something. It's normally hilarious itself, but recently... What sucks is that I love MegaMan 4 and with the bad ones coinciding with some of my fave bosses, well, not nice.

Then again, that "I've been missing you" Penny Arcade was comedy gold. Ah, who's he going to serve a soda full of radioactive scorpions to now?

No Spaceworld - Great Rumbler - 18th June 2003

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
I like "story" and "plot" in comics... something that PA is devoid of. Which isn't a good thing.

I'm going to have to disagree there. There's nothing wrong with a webcomic having a plot or a story and for some it can make them better, but PA is none the worse for not having those. It's still, IMO, one of the best webcomics out there. Sure, sometimes PA isn't very funny, but for the most part it's hilarious.

No Spaceworld - A Black Falcon - 18th June 2003

Huh? Movie? What are you talking about?

This is the latest 8-Bit episode. Continuing the very funny story of the main characters in Elf Land. :D

http://nuklearpower.com/latest.php

Its not very funny if you haven't read the rest of that story, though.

And what's wrong with Bob and George's Mega Man 4? It seems okay... a bit rushed, but okay. Why is it bad?

No Spaceworld - Dark Jaguar - 18th June 2003

Yeah, that's what I was talking about, and yes I have been keeping up with 8-bit. It still isn't that funny.

What's wrong with Bob and George is that the recent comics just haven't been that good as of late. I loved the introduction of the comic's first original character, Ran the bot who has infinite backups because of how insanely cheap russian parts are, and many of the comics having to do with that, but the recent battles with the Cossack Bots leave something to be desired I think.

And yeah, not only does PA not have continuity, they consider it a horrible evil thing to even consider having continuity. Sometimes they do have it though. It's still great funny. It's just like how Family Guy is hilarious, no plot at all, but still very funny if you take each episode alone.

But then again, comedy and it's appreciation are so subjective that this is utterly pointless.

The only real thing anything needs to be funny EVER is be unexpected without hurting anyone, much. That's the core of comedy right there, the unexpected. It's why the main flaw in ANY joke will always be that you "saw it coming a mile away". That's why the recent Bob and George comics weren't funny, the jokes weren't unexpected.

No Spaceworld - OB1 - 18th June 2003

Chuckle

It's so funny to watch ABF try to defend his sense of humor.

Humor is inherently opinion, so it can't really be argued objectively or defended or something... I find it funny, you don't. Or the other way around. Okay.

I just fine this hilarious because you've never shown the slightest hint of a funny bone.

That is just not true... you just don't remember...

Hahaha, sure bubba. Sure. ;)

No Spaceworld - Great Rumbler - 18th June 2003

I wonder if ABF is related to Ben Stein? So far as anyone knows he's never displayed any emotions before, except maybe boredom.

Indeed.