Tendo City
I'm starting to think land lords shouldn't exist... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: I'm starting to think land lords shouldn't exist... (/showthread.php?tid=7437)

I'm starting to think land lords shouldn't exist... - Dark Jaguar - 4th March 2023

Around here more and more are getting behind this notion they deserve to be "tipped".  Ugh...  It's bad enough that they offer absolutely nothing to me other than land they don't even use nor WOULD they use beyond "renting" it...  It's bad enough they switched over the decades from trying to entice us with "pet friendly" terms to charging an up front fee for having one to now charging a monthly additional cost, EVERY month, so long as my pet shall live.  (Sure pets CAN damage the place, but so can kids and they can do far worse damage.  No one's charging tenants a "kid fee".... yet...)

The prices skyrocketed the past two years... and I have no assurance they won't again the next time I renew...  We need a better system of determining who owns land.  This isn't working.  I spent myself into quite a situation managing to help my parents out of a bind with their rent, then my grandmother with burst pipes... and I only have one friend who is even in a position to own a home... that was inherited.

RE: I'm starting to think land lords shouldn't exist... - A Black Falcon - 21st March 2023

I know this "tipping your landlord" thing is some new leftist meme or something, but I'm sure it's nothing more than that.

RE: I'm starting to think land lords shouldn't exist... - Dark Jaguar - 21st March 2023

(21st March 2023, 10:09 AM)A Black Falcon Wrote: I know this "tipping your landlord" thing is some new leftist meme or something, but I'm sure it's nothing more than that.

It's real, and it was started by landlords, not "leftists".

RE: I'm starting to think land lords shouldn't exist... - Weltall - 23rd March 2023

I have a tip for my landlord:

Keep your money out of crypto.

RE: I'm starting to think land lords shouldn't exist... - Dark Jaguar - 24th March 2023

(23rd March 2023, 5:51 AM)Weltall Wrote: I have a tip for my landlord:

Keep your money out of crypto.

Thank you for your interesting story and comment on this article.
Did you know I made a shmabillion dollars in trading cryptodoge for monkey's pawprint NFTs?  It's absolutely true but THEY don't want you to know about it!  A middle school teacher found out and it's making silicon valley MAD!  This one trick, giving me all your money, is sure to help! (And if you squeeze your tenants for a little more cash you can afford a stay on my magical NFT Island specially for us amazing moon dwellers. Wink wink.)

RE: I'm starting to think land lords shouldn't exist... - Weltall - 25th March 2023

[Image: s4pq69ggknw81.jpg?width=384&auto=webp&v=...ead4cf7e09]