Tendo City
NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! (/showthread.php?tid=7431)

NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - Dark Jaguar - 16th December 2022

Rofl
Trump has managed to powerfully disappoint his followers by, suddenly, just being retro Trump and trying to sell actual trash!  Everyone was so excited.  What would great leader say?  What would their god-emperor announce?!  He announced NFTs... "trading card" NFTs... of himself drawn as a super hero (more specifically, he looks a lot like Homelander which is.... very appropriate).

I can't get over how perfect this is.  PLEASE tell me it's even worse!  I want those NFT trading cards to be randomized!  Make some of them preorder exclusive!  Make SOME of them require monthly fees!  Do all the bad things but exclusively in the space of NFTs!

RE: NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - A Black Falcon - 16th December 2022

The NFTs supposedly sold out quickly, so though some Trump supporters were disappointed that he's gotten into the NFT grift, others were happy to give their orange demigod even more of their money.  It's pretty pathetic that they are so easily conned by one of the most obvious conmen around, but they're in deep into the cult now and don't want to leave.

However, of course, every time Trump does something stupid like this he probably loses a few supporters since even many Republicans now are starting to realize that a financial market with absolutely no controls or government backing of the money invested actually may not be a good idea after all, so yeah, Trump, go ahead and do more lines of NFTs!  The money will just go into paying your legal bills anyway, heh...

(Not, Trump doesn't pay his bills.)

RE: NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - Dark Jaguar - 17th December 2022

You did the "not" thing again.  ABF, it's not 1992 any more.  You can stop.  It is, as the kids no longer say, "cringeworthy".  I think they shortened it a bit recently.

Kidding aside, the thought that a purely digital good can "sell out" is amazing, but let's remember what's actually being sold here.  It isn't a copy of the art, and it isn't ownership of the art.  It's the NFT token itself.  The identifier.  That's it!  When that web site is, inevitably, closed in exactly six months, the link embedded in that NFT will point to nothing at all.

It wasn't just "a few" that finally abandoned Trump.  LOTS of people seem utterly furious that THIS was the "big announcement" and are finally waking up to the fact that Trump is a grifter.  Unfortunately, they aren't abandoning the hateful ideas Trump was manipulating to gain their favor in the first place.  Desantis is, mark my words, WORSE than Trump.  He's Trump but smarter.  He is going to be far more dangerous.

RE: NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - A Black Falcon - 18th December 2022

That "when the website is closed the NFT will point to nothing" thing is not just academic anymore, by the way -- some NFTs pointed to the FTX website, which now of course does not exist since surprise surprise (hah) the thing was a sham and collapsed.

As for DeSantis, the Republicans right now hope that he's Trump but smarter.  Nationally, however, I hope that he's more of a Scott Walker [the Republican governor or Wisconsin from a few years back) than Donald Trump.  Sure, DeSantis's act works in Florida, but Florida is not the whole country.  I don't think he's some undefeatable juggernaut in the making, sure he won Florida huge but that state is lost to us anyway.  Nationally he could well fizzle out.  It's a likely result, really.

RE: NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - Weltall - 19th December 2022

Quote:The NFTs supposedly sold out quickly, so though some Trump supporters were disappointed that he's gotten into the NFT grift, others were happy to give their orange demigod even more of their money.  It's pretty pathetic that they are so easily conned by one of the most obvious conmen around, but they're in deep into the cult now and don't want to leave.

The NFT is there to launder money, that's why it sold out so quickly.

RE: NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - Dark Jaguar - 22nd December 2022

There's a lot of rumors about it being used for money laundering.  There's probably some truth to it.  However, by and large most NFTs are an investment pyramid scheme.  They exist to be speculated that they might increase in value.  No one bought an ugly ape because they thought it genuinely looked good.  They just hoped they could resell it for more down the line.  The only people profiting from it are the first people to come up with the idea, the minters.  The rest are the suckers.

RE: NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - etoven - 24th December 2022

(16th December 2022, 7:37 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: Rofl
Trump has managed to powerfully disappoint his followers by, suddenly, just being retro Trump and trying to sell actual trash!  Everyone was so excited.  What would great leader say?  What would their god-emperor announce?!  He announced NFTs... "trading card" NFTs... of himself drawn as a super hero (more specifically, he looks a lot like Homelander which is.... very appropriate).

I can't get over how perfect this is.  PLEASE tell me it's even worse!  I want those NFT trading cards to be randomized!  Make some of them preorder exclusive!  Make SOME of them require monthly fees!  Do all the bad things but exclusively in the space of NFTs!

What's worse is how I made them all available on the internet for free right here. Also every card tries to out stupid the other card so there is that.

RE: NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - Weltall - 25th December 2022

This contends strongly for the cringiest shit I've ever seen in my entire life.

RE: NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - etoven - 9th January 2023

(25th December 2022, 4:22 PM)Weltall Wrote: This contends strongly for the cringiest shit I've ever seen in my entire life.

Yep.. It's pretty messed up. And also most of the artwork is shit.. And stolen.. So there's that.

RE: NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - Weltall - 15th January 2023

Most of the 'artwork' is just the same two Trump images slightly altered and pasted over backgrounds that you'd see in app icons for free to play mobile games from 2009. In which Trump is far less obese than in reality, and depicted doing activities he is mentally or physically incapable of doing, except for the golf one. The last image is the only one which tells the truth, the fake shitty AMERICUH imagery background while Trump himself is standing on what looks like the ugly concrete floor of an insane asylum abandoned in the 80s.

RE: NFTs! He was hyping up selling NFTs! - Dark Jaguar - 17th January 2023

Just like the bored apes, these things are generated by combining different "pieces" together using an algorithm.  I've seen the same "Homelander Trump" one inexplicably in a boxing ring.