Tendo City
The Thread Where the Insults Started - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: The Thread Where the Insults Started (/showthread.php?tid=742)

Pages: 1 2

The Thread Where the Insults Started - CartoonDevil - 3rd June 2003

Look at the oldest seven threads on <A href="http://tcforums.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1249&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending&pagenumber=2">this</A> page. I was cordial. It wasn't until I expressed my dislike for Wind Waker in <A href="http://tcforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8197#post8197">this</A> thread that OB1 started to single me out for his angry flaming pleasure.

It was when I said:
Quote:OB1, you seem very obstinate to me. It's okay if someone has an opinion that differs from your own. And guess what. Your opinions aren't always right. Nobody's are 100% of the time.

After that, I became a target for him. I responded in similar manner.

OB1 is the instigator and the troll, not I. It's not my fault that he can't stand how someone could think differently about Wind Waker than he does.

The Thread Where the Insults Started - A Black Falcon - 3rd June 2003

Look. Its not just OB1... look at some of your other threads. You are EXTREMELY hostile, and seem to not just think other people's opinions are wrong -- you equate them with some very harsh language. With no backing. It just isn't nice!

Your politics posts, for instance. You are ... a bit angrier-sounding ... than pretty much anyone else...

Or that thread where you proclaim that anyone who doesn't have a job before the age of 18 has horrible parents who are destroying America, for a recent example.

I think there are too many flames and not enough posts on other subjects. And so do a bunch of other people here... disagreeing with, and debating, OB1 is just fine. But the insulting tones that you constantly use are not nice... and you MUST NOT BE FLAMING IN VIRTUALLY EVERY POST!

And yes, OB1 and I do argue a lot. But we talk about a lot of other things too -- and are fairly nice to eachother. We aren't enemies... you seem to be trying to get everyone to be your enemy or something...

The Thread Where the Insults Started - Sacred Jellybean - 3rd June 2003

I thought this said "The Thread Where the Insults Are Started", and coming from the troll, I just thought it was just going to be a silly thread where we insult each other, so he could have an excuse to troll on OB1 again, but then I just saw "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH".

So my contribution to the insult thread is <b>cock fuck asshole ass sucker bitch ball licking pretentious windbag of cat litter!!!!!!!!</b>

Thank you, and good night.

The Thread Where the Insults Started - OB1 - 3rd June 2003

I bet Cartoon Devil didn't think that I'd do my own research and see who really started the insults. This is where it actually started:

Quote:Cartoon Devil: Holy crap, the Great Fairys look gay. I think I preferred the Hooker look of the N64 games.

Me: You are one serious homophobe. "Link looks gay. Link moves gay. Those fairies are gay."

CD: When I say gay, I don't usually mean homosexual.

Gay = Stupid. It's a figure of speach, numbskull.
(No, I don't really mean that you have no feeling in or around your skull).

*Steals OB1's soul*

Me:Uh-huh, suure.

...................................................................................................

CD: The simple fact of the matter, OB1, is that your OPINION is that anime is worth watch, and it's my OPINION that anime is a complete and utter waste of time. As I stated before just because you think differently doesn't make you right or wrong.

I'm glad that you've spent enough time on the internet to get 10,000 posts. How many girlfriends have you had though? Just because you're an "Uber" entity on this board, doesn't mean that you are anything other than a nerd with no life. (I'm not saying that you necessarily are, just that from the evidence presented (admittedly little) that you are).

Even from my short time on this board, I can tell (from your posts and from other posters opinions of you) that you are very obstinate, very unreasonable, and very uncompromising. Why do you even pretend to "discuss" topics with people, as you never listen to them. What you should do is just post your opinion on the subject, then (in the same post, and before they actually respond) just tell them that if they don't agree with you, they are obviously stupid and wrong and evil for not doing so. That way, threads would only get to about 3 pages instead of 10+.

ME: Really CartoonDevil, what's your deal? You go around calling everything gay and then proclaim that an entire nation's movie form is crappy. And your experience is from watching DBZ? Who's the ignorant fool here...

BTW, I've been posting here since September 1999 so 10,000 posts isn't as big as you may think. I'm sure my life is at least as busy as yours, probably even more so. By the manner in which you write I'm willing to bet that you're in Junior High School or early High School, am I correct?

CD: OB1, I love how not only do you disagree with me, now you think that I can't possibly be as old or 'mature' as you are. How naive can you get?

Truth be told, I'm 25, married to a beautiful woman, have a baby boy on the way, have a bachelor's degree in architecture, and am currently working for myself as a general contractor.

As you may or may not have inferred from my screenname, I enjoy cartoons. Time doesn't permit me to watch very many cartoons anymore, as I choose to spend what little free time I have in gaming, but I used to watch cartoons often. Just because I chose DBZ to illustrate my opinion on anime, doesn't mean that it's the only show that couldn't be a bigger waste of time.

Are your parents paying for your schooling, or are you old enough to be financially independent? Your attitude would imply that you were coddled/spoiled by your parents while growing up.

Me: Oh yeah right, like I'm supposed to believe that you're 25 and married. You're extremely immature and have like to call everything gay and stupid. You do not express yourself like an adult should. I seriously doubt you're telling the truth, but if you are then I pity your wife and the child she will soon have.

I'm going to college and currently work at a weather research center. My parents do not pay for my schooling because they cannot afford it, so I have to rely on student loans which I am happy with. After I'm done with community college I plan on getting a degree in game design in California or Arizona.

I disagree with ABF most of the time but I do not put him down unless he does the same to me. I respect his opinion but continue to debate topics with him which is what this forum is for. However, your comments about Zelda being gay are very immature and don't deserve the same respect from me as when someone like ABF says that they think that the game won't be immersive, fun, or whatever. If he started saying things like "OMG! Zelda sucks donkey balls is so gaaay!" I wouldn't bother debating with him for very long.

So you guys be the judge.

You forget his numerous ... hostile ... posts in the Debate Forum. I seem to recall lots of swear words tossed at liberals, with no real reason... just the way to help him here!

That stuff in the "nintendarse gets a job" thing is mild by comparison to some of this stuff...

Oh, and I'm up to 7 windows of TC now. :D

Those were the earliest posts.

True... but the debate forum posts show the continuing pattern...

Yes.

Lets just see him try to deny it now...

I don't want him banned. I just want him to start acting like a member of the forum, and not a dumb troll who annoys way too much...

The Thread Where the Insults Started - EdenMaster - 4th June 2003

OB1's examples display clearly, you didn't exactly start out "cordial". 25, Married, a son, BA in architecture, and working as a contractor, eh? Words are nice, aren't they? You can throw them all over the place and if slapped together right, some people may actually believe them. Whether or not your above information is true is not for me to say (it's not), but anyone can type words. Watch this. I'm 37 years old, married with a son and a daughter, with a degree in the field of medicine. See? Now that isn't true, it's just to show that anyone can type words, you just seem to prefer typing lies and flames.

The Thread Where the Insults Started - Darunia - 4th June 2003

Don't worry, Cartoon Devil, he does it to me too. ABF and Sacred Jellybean, my former allies in the Great Religion Wars, chose to side with him. Don't take it personally from them...we know OB1 is just arrogant and unable to admit any measure of compromise. He's always 100% right, and anyone of a deviating opinion is 100% wrong, and on top of that, an idiot.

Yeah Darunia, like you've <i>never</i> instigated something with somebody here. You've delcared so many wars with people over differing opinions that I've lost count!

The Thread Where the Insults Started - OB1 - 4th June 2003

Well Darunia is just funny. I think it's actually kind of cute when he tries to argue with us. Like a widdle boy! Goochie goochie gooo. You wike dat! Yes you do! Yes you do! Awww....

The Thread Where the Insults Started - Darunia - 4th June 2003

Sir, this will NOT stand! You forget yourself! When you insult me, you insult the great race that is the Goron peoples! I demand an immediate apology and acceptance of responsibility for this issue, or it'll mean WAR!!

:stupid:

The Thread Where the Insults Started - A Black Falcon - 4th June 2003

Quote:He's always 100% right, and anyone of a deviating opinion is 100% wrong

That is true. No question. It is true that OB1's methods of arguing are frusterating and annoy a lot of people... which is why I have no problem with CD choosing to argue with OB1. As this thread shows, its the way he did it...

The Thread Where the Insults Started - CartoonDevil - 4th June 2003

Quote:Originally posted by CartoonDevil
After that, I became a target for him. I responded in similar manner.

I'm not denying that I've been a jackass, but I was only following OB1's example. Look through the posts here, he insults 95% of the time.

I only insult when people insult me first.

And you don't act as awful to the people you are arguing with. And I thought that it'd be tough to find someone more annoying to argue with... :)

I just love those back-handed compliments from you.

The Thread Where the Insults Started - Fittisize - 4th June 2003

Quote:OB1's examples display clearly, you didn't exactly start out "cordial". 25, Married, a son, BA in architecture, and working as a contractor, eh? Words are nice, aren't they? You can throw them all over the place and if slapped together right, some people may actually believe them.

That's right, Eden! Show off your badass side! It all starts with the banning warnings...then on to questioning his lifestyle??!!

What the hell is up with that!

I think you better lay off, Eden. You're scaring CD, and everybody else (especially me) with your threats.

The reason I say this is that you are reacting waaay to largly over something as silly as an Internet message board. And that goes for everybody who takes this seriously!!.

I'm not denying that I've been a jackass

Well good, admitting is the first step to recovery. Now could you stop, please? OB1 isn't a flamer, he's a debater and quite opinionated, but rarely throws the first punch when it comes to insults and flames. You on the other hand...

Quote:Originally posted by Fittisize
That's right, Eden! Show off your badass side! It all starts with the banning warnings...then on to questioning his lifestyle??!!

What the hell is up with that!

I think you better lay off, Eden. You're scaring CD, and everybody else (especially me) with your threats.

The reason I say this is that you are reacting waaay to largly over something as silly as an Internet message board. And that goes for everybody who takes this seriously!!.

Why should we have to put up with someone like him who only flames and annoys people? I know we're just a piss-ant little Nintendo message board, but is a little civility too much to ask. I asked him to change his attitude, nothing more. Besides, if he can flame, why shouldn't I be able to flame right back, to show him just how quickly one can get tired of such things. You've been here long enough to know I don't invoke my admin powers often, but CD is just getting on my nerves, and I'm not alone.

OB1 is annoying in arguments... the way that he refuses to ever accept anyone elses' opinions as remotely valid... but he doesn't argue all the time. And doesn't curse constantly as a "debating tactic"....

Anyway, if CD would just stop acting like a jerk and argue sensibly and make more posts that AREN'T flames or the like then we'll all be happy.

CD, having a browser bomb in your sig is NOT the way to show that you aren't a jerk/troll.

Exactly! You all think I'm dead set to kick out CD at the drop of a hat when I'm really not. The more active members we have here, the better, but not when they're rude, arrogant, insulting, know-it-alls. If CartoonDevil were to just tone his posts down a notch or two, I'd welcome him here. I might even get to like having him around, but not when he acting like such a jackass. Trying to live by OB1s standards is not a good way to introduce yourself to a forum :D. OB1 argues with all of us. It's just as inescapable as Darunias wars or lazys rants.

I'm not out to get you, CD, believe me, I'm not. I just don't enjoy it when every post with CartoonDevil as the author contains swear words, insults, flames, and God knows what else.

Quote:OB1 is annoying in arguments... the way that he refuses to ever accept anyone elses' opinions as remotely valid... but he doesn't argue all the time. And doesn't curse constantly as a "debating tactic"....

I hope you realize that you're exactly how you described me...

Chuckle

Quote:I hope you realize that you're exactly how you described me...

Then why to people target you so much as being irritating, more than me? There must be something. :)

Oh, and notice how his reaction to us asking him to stop is linking a browser bomb? Great job in changing!

Because I post more often than you do, so naturally I argue with more people.

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Oh, and notice how his reaction to us asking him to stop is linking a browser bomb? Great job in changing!

What reaction are you referring to? Nobody asked me to stop linking to anything.

Lets just say that still having that there when you're being asked to be nicer isn't exactly nice... :)

And OB1, that is true... you do post more.

What happened to my avatar? Who put that gay blue picture there?

The Thread Where the Insults Started - A Black Falcon - 5th June 2003

Confused

You're avatar is still there...

The Thread Where the Insults Started - CartoonDevil - 5th June 2003

After I posted that, I changed it back to my original avatar. When I posted that it was a blue face, and someone had changed my title to The Biggah Incarnate.

Which users have the power to change my profile settings like that?

The Thread Where the Insults Started - A Black Falcon - 5th June 2003

I'd imagine that any admin could have done it. I don't think mods can, but who knows... maybe they can too. I don't know about that.

Of course, we currently have 7 admins and 6 mods (one per forum, mainly). :) There's a list in TC 5.0 (or the main page)'s 'City Council' button.

All I know is I didn't do it.

The Thread Where the Insults Started - OB1 - 5th June 2003

I didn't do it.

The Thread Where the Insults Started - Darunia - 5th June 2003

The problem with OB1 is that he's so damn popular. He can be a bastard and get away with it, because no one condemns him. Regardless of how bad Cartoon Devil may have been, I'm sure beyond a doubt that OB1 prolonged and intensified the argument. He wins debates of attrition not because he's right, but because he's too stubborn to compromise. He did it to be me in several threads (the Star Wars graphics and a Wind Waker one to be exact.) In the end, neither of us was right about the Star Wars one; it's just opinion, but he blasted me as an imbecile. In Wind Waker, my opinion dictated that they used Moblins too much...he turned that into a STUPID-DARUNIA thing too. So, to summarize, Cartoon Devil, I agree with you.

The Thread Where the Insults Started - EdenMaster - 5th June 2003

After I posted that, I changed it back to my original avatar. When I posted that it was a blue face, and someone had changed my title to The Biggah Incarnate.

Which users have the power to change my profile settings like that?

Ah, that must be TheBiggahs old avatar. Kind of looked like it was hand-drawn? I'm quite curious though, why exactly DID you put that little TheBiggah tag on the bottom of that one post of yours?

I do have the ability to change such settings, but I was not behind your little incident.

The Thread Where the Insults Started - Dark Jaguar - 5th June 2003

Darunia, it's funny when you say the thing that is not in your own defense. Have you ever seen OB1 "get away" with anything? He's been yelled at and fought with (even by LL) for a lot of his past behavior, but the fact is it's never been all that bad at all. Certainly never been anything worth banning him over. His "popularity" (I'm sure he's as shocked as anyone to hear that someone actually thinks he's got some popularity levels worthy of someone looking the other way) certainly wouldn't stop Weltaii from banning him should he ever become a total troll.

No no Darunia, you are thinking of lazy. HE'S the one immune to any form of hatred or anything no matter WHAT he does, and does he ever, or did anyway.

The Thread Where the Insults Started - Darunia - 5th June 2003

You just proved me right, Dark Jaguar...in rushing to his defense before even he did. Popularity he does have, in as much as he is a vetern here, more so than I, and all the veterans seems to be a lot closer knit family than the newer generations. I never even approached suggesting he be banned, so dont start that shit...I was just supporting Cartoon Devil because we both share the same opinions on a mutual enemy.

Haha, I love you, Darunia. :love:

The Thread Where the Insults Started - EdenMaster - 5th June 2003

Darunia, you hold grudges far too long. I've wronged you before in the past, more than once, yet you don't despise me. lazy and OB1 do the same, and you demand their heads. You're quite an odd little Goron, you know.

Next week on Tendo City 90210:

Darunia: OB1, you think you are so hot with your cool hair and your hot pants! But I know the true you! You're just as bad as Cartoon Devil! I hate you!

Dark Jaguar: You can't tame the OBster, man! He is who he is, so lay off!

Darunia: Why don't you just marry him since you love him so much!

ABF: *punches Darunia in the face* What's wrong with you? Why do yo have to hate everyone that has something you don't!

Darunia: I just hate being alone!!

OB1: Hey man, that's alright. I'm here for you. In a non-gay way, of course.

Darunia: *looks down* ....weeeell I guess that's better than nothing.

*all four of them hug... someone's ass gets touched*

Darunia: *smiling* Sorry, guuuys!

*everyone laughs*

Oh how nice. OB1 and Great Rumbler have a special bond.

Who changed my title again???

When I first stole OB1's soul, he changed my signature to something else, so I think it's probably him. Whoever it is, cease and desist!

And you with ABF. :D

Sorry bubba, but I didn't change your title. Pretty funny, though. And true!

Do you deny that you have a history of changing my settings?

If by "history" you mean "once", then yes.

The Thread Where the Insults Started - Great Rumbler - 5th June 2003

In conclusion OB1 is cool while Cartoon Devil is not. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go catch up on four days of sleep...or lack thereof.

Hey bubba, that brings a tear to my eye.

*hugs GR, his hetero life-mate*

*GR runs away, screaming*