Tendo City
Let's have a TC reunion!! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Let's have a TC reunion!! (/showthread.php?tid=740)

Let's have a TC reunion!! - OB1 - 3rd June 2003

Since the whole "let's get together in a real, physical place" plan is never going to happen, how about we all get together for a net meeting or something like that. Then we can actually talk to each other! Does that sound like fun? Eh? Eh??

If that's possible in a net meeting...

Let's have a TC reunion!! - A Black Falcon - 3rd June 2003

I don't have a microphone. Sure, we have two other computers with microphones in the house... but they don't count, right? :)

Let's have a TC reunion!! - OB1 - 3rd June 2003

Use one of those then.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Darunia - 4th June 2003

I have no access to anything with a microphone. Not that anyone cares.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - EdenMaster - 4th June 2003

I've got a microphone, sounds like jolly good fun.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - OB1 - 4th June 2003

Ok, two people and counting!

Darunia, go to radio shack and buy a $5 mic!

Let's have a TC reunion!! - alien space marine - 4th June 2003

I own a microphone.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Dark Jaguar - 4th June 2003

Sure thing! I'll be the one still using text instead of my voice, because I truly believe the greatest thing about the net is not knowing a THING about who you are talking to so you can ONLY judge them by their ideas, as it should be.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Dark Lord Neo - 4th June 2003

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
Sure thing! I'll be the one still using text instead of my voice, because I truly believe the greatest thing about the net is not knowing a THING about who you are talking to so you can ONLY judge them by their ideas, as it should be.

I'm begining to think that the DJ is really a girl or a little kid thing is possible

I don't have a mic but I've been planing on getting one, and I think this is a good reason to get it very soon, and my birthday's coming up so I'll actually have money to spend on it

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Fittisize - 4th June 2003

I've got a webcam that I've never used before.

And I don't wanna buy a mic.

Anyone that doesn't use a mic isn't invited. That's the whole friggin' point!

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Weltall - 4th June 2003

I have a mic somewheres, if'n I can find it I'll play along.

Excellent.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - OB1 - 1st July 2003

Another one of my plans dies away.

Come on people, let's make this happen! Let's set a real date! How about sometime over the weekend? What's good for everybody?

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Dark Jaguar - 1st July 2003

Well, you ARE excluding people who don't have mikes for some reason. That's not very nice. A big live chat with all of us isn't any fun if all of us aren't invited. There's no harm in letting some people type while others talk. We've done that before after all, I think lazy hosted it, and it worked out well.

Also, might I add you seem to REALLY have a weird fixation with knowing some of our identities. What is up with that? I mean, you aren't going to steal my electronic diary and chase me into a house of mirros and demand I take off my clothes are you? I mean, you actually got UPSET at me once when you asked my name and I said "nah". You really are the only person who has ever actually got mad at me and took it offensively just because I didn't give away my name. Oh well, no need to dwell on it.

Now then, the real question is this: Details! What chat program, when, what room, and who's bringin' the delicious pies and board games!

Let's have a TC reunion!! - OB1 - 2nd July 2003

I just want to know what your fucking first name is! We've known each other for almost four years now! I hate you!

Explode

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Dark Jaguar - 2nd July 2003

:D Seriously, it's hilarious that you actually take it personally and NO ONE ELSE does.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - A Black Falcon - 2nd July 2003

Why do you care?

Back on topic, this weekend's no good for me, but NEXT weekend is an open book. I'll just pick a random time then... How's 6:00 PM central on Saturday (the weekend AFTER this one) sound to you all?

You guys are acting ridiculous. I CAN'T STEAL YOUR IDENTITY BY KNOWING YOUR FIRST NAME!

You know my initials, which is more than I can say for DJ here... :)

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Great Rumbler - 2nd July 2003

I think most people here know my first name, I haven't tried to hide it. So what's the big deal, DJ? Is your first name really that horrible? Or do you take some child-like delight in being anonymous? Anyway, OB1 has a point. We've known you for years and you still won't tell us your name.

It's annoying. Just tell us your first names or I'll have to make something up. I'll start referring to DJ as Garfunkle and ABF as Linda.

Or:

DJ = Gresblork, God of Replies to Emails and Key Lime Pies

ABF = Maria, Washer of Clothes and Folder of Sheets

I probably wouldn't tell someone on an open forum! Then anyone could read it and they MIGHT do something...

Sure its paranoid, but oh well.

if I did tell someone... I don't know. If they said they wouldn't just tell anyone?

DJ... don't expect him to ever tell. He seems very, very paranoid about this stuff.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Undertow - 2nd July 2003

Now then, the real question is this: Details! What chat program, when, what room, and who's bringin' the delicious pies and board games!

I'll bring the pudding!

So, how much *does* a microphone cost? I hope it's not too pricey.

And now that we're on the topic of names, why don't we all tell our names? Don't worry DJ, just pretend you're at an AA meeting. ;)

Hi, my name's Jason and i'm a raging alchoholic.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Moiraine - 2nd July 2003

Well welty can take my place.

It's not even about that. To be honest I don't even have a fear of "identity theft" as it's called. I usually don't share that stuff with total strangers, for the same reason I don't walk down the street saying my name to everyone I see (that's why people use nicks in the first place online), though I thought maybe eventually I would share it with someone I made friends with. Then you went and ASKED. Now I keep it a secret just to make you upset, which it seems to do for some reason, and ONLY to you I might add. Everyone else is content to know my OTHER name, Dark Jaguar. Besides, my first name isn't like "Kris" or some other name that doesn't reveal gender, it's a very gender-specific name, and I certainly don't wanna give anything that reveals my genetic structure, because then judgements on me based on something other than my idiotic beliefs start happening. Stupid I know, but hey, who cares, aside from you that is? You need to stop taking stuff like this so personally. Yeesh, you act like I'm insulting you or am being unfriendly or something...

Besides, it's FUN to be a total anomaly. You know I'm from Oklahoma of America, so you can at least judge me via region. Why do you even want to know my "real world name" anyway?

Watch .hack//sign, they NEVER say their real names to each other, especially that main character. Talk in most other message boards, and it's the same. Here is the exception, yet even here no one actually CARES if someone reveales their name, except you. Most people online understand the desire to keep pretty much everything about one's real world identity a secret, so an online persona without bias can be formed, EXCEPT YOU. Oh well, it's weird things like that that make you lovable, or hilarious. I get the two confused...

Hi, I am DJ, and I have a chasing problem. Well, not really a problem. I'm a cat. It's what I do. It's instinct, so I do NOT have a chasing "problem"!

That's it. From now on I'm going to refer to DJ as Linda and ABF as Maria.

Is that Linda or Rinda? You know, Japanese version of the roman alphabet using the same letter for R and L and all that...

It's Linda, Linda.

*Points and laughs at OB1 Deedee style* Eeeheheheheheheh ehehehehe!

Actually I think I'm going to call ABF Martha.

Quote:I usually don't share that stuff with total strangers

Total strangers? I hardly call people you've talked with for over 3 years total strangers.

ABF = Martha Stewart

Well to DJ we are total strangers. So since they're not our friends, let's have our little chat thing without them!

Way to take that out of context. Read the rest of it :D.

Anyway, wanna know my name eh? Get back to me on that in two weeks.

Sorry Linda, but the boat has left the building. And uh, the saw has fled the field.

Quote:Anyway, wanna know my name eh? Get back to me on that in two weeks.

Legally changing your name to "Dark Jaguar" doesn't count!

Quote:And uh, the saw has fled the field.

Let's do this voice chat thing this weekend. I'll run over to Radio Shack and get one of those cheap headsets.

Oh and one more thing...

how are we going to do this? I'm putting you in charge, Johnny.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Dark Lord Neo - 2nd July 2003

Yeah, I need to know if I have to download AIM or somthing because msn messenger only allows 4 or 5 people in a chat room but I'm not sure about voice chat

Quote:how are we going to do this? I'm putting you in charge, Johnny.

What? Why should I be in charge of it? It's your plan after all.

Well, I know that you can start a voice chat session with MSN Messenger, not sure about Trillian, but I've never tried it before so I'm not sure exactly how it works.

I actually have a headset, but I'm not sure if my connection will be able to handle a live chat with more than one person.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Sacred Jellybean - 2nd July 2003

I can do it... I've get a cam and microphone.

Well I've used Net Meeting for a one-on-one voice chat before, but that's it. Beanjo, do you know how to do this?

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Sacred Jellybean - 2nd July 2003

Kinda sorta, yeah...

BTW- I'm guessing Falcon's name is either "Bobby" or "Billy" or something... it starts with a B, and it's the shorted form of a longer name similar to "Danny".

Well he's gonna be Martha until he tells me his real name.

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Dark Lord Neo - 4th July 2003

Oh that's right, netmeeting will probably work

Let's have a TC reunion!! - LukeIsTerrified - 4th July 2003

Besides, my first name isn't like "Kris" or some other name that doesn't reveal gender, it's a very gender-specific name, and I certainly don't wanna give anything that reveals my genetic structure, because then judgements on me based on something other than my idiotic beliefs start happening.

Most people online understand the desire to keep pretty much everything about one's real world identity a secret, so an online persona without bias can be formed

I have done extensive research (namely, read some posts) on the Dark Jaguar situation and I have come to the conclusion that only three scenarios are possible.

1) Dark Jaguar is a 22-year-old acne-covered loser who lives in his parents' basement, takes large doses of prescription drugs, and just got fired by McDonalds.

2) Dark Jaguar was Timothy McVeigh's one-time accomplice and feels he still has to lay low.

3) Dark Jaguar is a celebrity, terrified of revealing his true identity and being tracked down by adoring fans.

I feel that we ought to give Dark Jaguar the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is not a Loser or a Criminal, like Beck and Eminem before him. No, Dark Jaguar is a Celebrity (N Sync!). Which celebrity? Who can tell really. Let's bet on it.

Michael Jackson (Odds: 10-1) - There's definitely nothing genetically ambigious about the name "Michael" though the same cannot be said about the man himself. His constant appearance alterations parallel DJ's constant personality alternations closely. Not to mention that the desire to remain undiscovered, in light of a few recent documentaries, couldn't be higher for the one-time King of Pop.

Jewel (Odds: 20-1) - The facts almost fit together too well here. First of all, the gender card comes into play -- Dark Jaguar seems embarassed to admit that "he" might actually be a woman. Secondly, the name itself: Jewel. Only "Cher," "Madonna," and perhaps "The Pope" could be more distinctive and revealing. Third, there's the creativity level to consider. Could it possibly be true that two separate people are responsible for Jewel's poetry and Dark Jaguar's message board posts? The odds seem unlikely that two entirely anti-creative and anti-humourous minds could even co-exist. And finally, like MJ, the frequent changes in Jewel's public image could coincide with DJ's personality changes.

Hannibal Lecter (Odds: 50-1) - Again, the unique name comes into play, not to mention the clearly unstable state of Dark Jaguar's mind. The only question when considering this possibility is: Would Dark Jaguar take a bite out of your face? I believe the answer to this question is yes. I have seen no proof to the contrary, and this would explain why he has gone to such lengths to hide his identity. Now that he knows all of your first names, he will come to your homes and he will eat you.

Keanu Reeves (Odds: 100-1) - The reasoning here revolves around both the unique name and the personality aspect. Keanu Reeves has played an astounding variety of characters in film, from the engimatic Neo in The Matrix to the confused Kevin Lomax in The Devil's Advocate to the star quarterback Shane Falco in The Replacements. Yet in each role, he's still just lame old Keanu Reeves. Dark Jaguar? He's posted in an astounding variety of threads, but... well, I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Bill Gates (Odds: 1000-1) - Could we be witnessing the efforts of the Microsoft king to identify with the various users of his products? Unlikely, but intriguing.

Beyonce Knowles (Odds: 1000000000-1) - If you were Beyonce Knowles, would you be posting on a Nintendo message board?

Let's have a TC reunion!! - Great Rumbler - 5th July 2003

Hmm...maybe DJ is really Yahoo Serious? I'm mean, it's a possiblity right?