Tendo City
Arsey got job! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Arsey got job! (/showthread.php?tid=735)

Arsey got job! - Nintendarse - 2nd June 2003

In celebration of the 18th anniversary of his birth (June 3, 2003), Nintendarse has gotten his first job ever. Before going off to college, Nintendarse is getting a summer job at Toys 'R Us. While it's practically minimum wage, Arsey is glad that his summer will not be spent completely rotting his brain away. Congratulations!

Arsey got job! - Great Rumbler - 2nd June 2003

Congrats!! Don't spend all of your paycheck on booze and hookers!

Arsey got job! - OB1 - 2nd June 2003

I used to work at TRU.

I'll leave it at that.

Congrats, though!

Arsey got job! - EdenMaster - 2nd June 2003

Hey, congrats! My first job was a McDonalds, then as a telemarketer (incoming, not outgoing calls), and then as a client services operator for a local laboratory, and that's where I am now. The pay is great and it's not too tough.

Arsey got job! - Laser Link - 2nd June 2003

I wish I could get a job. One that pays at least. Good job Arsey.

Arsey got job! - Weltall - 2nd June 2003

Arsey pay taxes now!

When you start feeling contempt for customers, let me know. Should be about two days.

Seriously, congrats :)

Arsey got job! - Dark Jaguar - 3rd June 2003

A laboratory? What experiments go on there? How many corpses have they animated?

Arsey got job! - EdenMaster - 3rd June 2003

:D

A medical laboratory. Doctors order tests on their patients and we perform them.

Arsey got job! - lazyfatbum - 3rd June 2003

Nintendarse/ Welcome to the wheel. Now let me give you some advice; Never EVER tell ANYONE you just got a job!!!! are you insane?? Every member of your family will hit you up for cash and then act like it's expected of you to willingly pay them! And then your friends start saying things like "Well, if i'm giving you a ride to school then i'll need some gas money." or "Damn, I forgot my wallet.. can I borrow 5 bucks?" or my personal favorite "Man it's hot outside..... I need money."

Tell everyone you were fired and that you have a deadly drug habit of prescription pill-popping.

And tell them you "accidentally" or "sometimes" have episodes of pure unbridaled lust for both sexes who ask for money.

And mention you're Jewish.

Arsey got job! - Darunia - 3rd June 2003

What's wrong with getting gas money for hauling lazy assholes like you around? I think it's only decent. Why should they get a free ride off of someone else's back?

My first job was 16 months at a grocery story...I made almost $13k in 2002 at little better than minimal wage. Right now I deliver pizza for about $10 an hour, two days a week...and it sucks. I need a better job. Still, welcome to the world of work. Did I say welcome? I meant I'M SORRY.

Arsey got job! - Fittisize - 3rd June 2003

I have no time to work in the summer.

And I wouldn't want to, anyways. I don't need piles of cash when I'm only turning 15...

Arsey got job! - CartoonDevil - 3rd June 2003

I can't believe you waited until you were 18 to get a job. Parents who coddle their children are responsible for the downfall of America, and the degradation of values.

Arsey got job! - A Black Falcon - 3rd June 2003

I really hope that's a joke, because it makes no sense...

I'm 20 and still don't have a normal job. Not that I could have one during college. I am looking this summer though.

If I'm not mistaken, Nintendarse is in college, and perhaps his family had a college fund set up for him so he didn't need to work some crappy part-time job to sustain himself through college.

Stop trying to spark up arguments by insulting everyone in your path. It's not making you out to be very likable and we're getting sick of it. Change your posting habits or leave, this is your first warning.

Quote:Originally posted by EdenMaster
Change your posting habits or leave, this is your first warning.

Is that a threat?

I'm not trolling. Parents who don't teach their children responsibility are responsible for the downfall of America. Kids who don't work, don't know the value of work, and they don't learn the value of money or budgeting, which is why America is more in debt now then ever before.

Unless the family becomes a focal point for parents again, America is doomed.

Someone had to do it... thanks, EdenMaster. Its unpleasant for someone to come here and post flames 99% of the time. Doesn't exactly lead to a nice environment... either be nicer or start posting non-troll/flames! Preferably both.

And how exactly does not having a job mean something about destroying america? Uh... I see no connection (logical or otherwise) there...

Quote:Originally posted by CartoonDevil
Is that a threat?

Yup. Sure is. Glad you picked up on the subtlety.

You could try saying things like "Good luck, Arsey!" or something of a friendly nature, instead of insulting or demeaning a person, their family, or anything else about them. Not a great way to get along with people. A small understanding of the social graces might come in handy someday.

Unless the family becomes a focal point for parents again, America is doomed.

Really? You've pinpointed the exact cause for the decline of America? Well hot damn, just what in the hell is wrong with all of us when you explain it to us so clearly. Forcing children into early labor is all that can save our pitiful wreck of a country. Where would we be without you? Thank you, for without your keen insight and total knowledge of all things, we may have never found this crucial, yet so simple, piece of information. Thank you so much, CartoonDevil.

Not too much fun when someone's very cynical with your words, is it?

Arsey got job! - OB1 - 3rd June 2003

Yes really, this whole trolling thing is very annoying.

Quote:Really? You've pinpointed the exact cause for the decline of America? Well hot damn, just what in the hell is wrong with all of us when you explain it to us so clearly. Forcing children into early labor is all that can save our pitiful wreck of a country. Where would we be without you? Thank you, for without your keen insight and total knowledge of all things, we may have never found this crucial, yet so simple, piece of information. Thank you so much, CartoonDevil.

I knew I was forgetting something... this explained it all so clearly now!

Quote:Originally posted by EdenMaster
Yup. Sure is. Glad you picked up on the subtlety.

I'm scared.

Quote:You could try saying things like "Good luck, Arsey!" or something of a friendly nature, instead of insulting or demeaning a person, their family, or anything else about them.[/B]

Try telling that to OB1, yourself, and/or A_Black_Falcon regarding me. From day 1 you guys have been demeaning me, then when I follow the example of an established member (OB1 always insulting anyone who thinks differently), you tell me I'm a troll.

Hypocrites.

*steals EdenMaster's soul*

Arsey got job! - OB1 - 3rd June 2003

You sir, are crazy. The first thing you did when you got here was argue with people. No one started a fight with you; you started it with them.

CD, if you can honestly look at your posts and say "this doesn't look like a flame at all!" then you are lying to yourself...

As I said, it has nothing to do with who you are arguing with. I don't really care... its about how you do it and how often.

And in both counts you come off as extremely abrasive and look like you are just asking for people to attack you because you did the same to them. Not nice.

Arsey got job! - ThunderAngel - 4th June 2003

He's right though.

Except Arse is in College like me. So I dont think we qualify for the "Murder of America" ideal.

Though I did have like 20 jobs before College...

Arse you faggot, get your ass in gear.

edit- hey, i'm not Minka. Woah...

Arsey got job! - EdenMaster - 4th June 2003

I'm scared.

I'm sure you're just as scared as I am about you stealing my soul. I'm not here to intimidate you though, I'm just here to take care of a pest.

There's a difference between having a difference of opinion and debating it with someone, and downright flaming. For one, OB1 argues, yes, but he doesn't insult or flame unless he's really in a heated argument. If you ever see OB1 insulting another member, he's probably joking, or he's probably talking to you.

Arsey got job! - Darunia - 4th June 2003

Quote: I'm 20 and still don't have a normal job. Not that I could have one during college. I am looking this summer though.

Are you proud of that...? And why can't you have a small part-time one on weekends or vacations...either your hispanic, or you're just lazy.

Ah, Darunia's racist side rears it's ugly head once more.

Arsey got job! - Darunia - 4th June 2003

:D

Arsey got job! - A Black Falcon - 4th June 2003

I had a small amount of work last summer... same so far this one. Yeah, I'm lazy. :)

Arsey got job! - Nintendarse - 4th June 2003

Actually, I'm 18, so I'm going to be a freshman in College in Fall 2003. I'm going to Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science. For my whole life up until now, I've been a full time student. Fortunately, second-semester senior time has left me with plenty of free time to find a job...and so I have. School was just something that "clicked" with me, so I don't see why I should be put down simply because I focused on school-related activities: community service, sports, and schoolwork.

Arsey got job! - A Black Falcon - 4th June 2003

Yeah, I can't imagine doing school (highschool or college) and a job at the same time. It'd be so hard... and would hurt your studies. Not good.

Arsey got job! - Laser Link - 4th June 2003

It's one thing if your parents buy you everything you want, but what does that have to do with having a job or not? I'm confused by the logic. What's wrong with being a kid and acting like one until you have to grow up? Nothing, except that isn't "normal" in the US these days.

Arsey got job! - lazyfatbum - 4th June 2003

Okay, so... ***angry rant mode activated***

You actually expect me to believe that an 18 year old is a child? Hell, anything past 13 is no longer a child and should comprehend responsibility and have a good grasp of humility.

And no i'm not talking about Arse or you or anyone here in particular. But when you take the oath to be a parent you dont hold their hand and give them meaningless unimportant tasks as a child (such as public schooling, sports and other damaging content), while holding on to their blindfolded so-called "innosense" and then expect them to magically live and function in the real world as adults. We create non-partisan members of society, people who dont exist except on paper. They live, play, breath and drown in self-pity, misunderstandings, self-gratification, confusion and ultimately suffering. Now this has proven to generate genius in some people through art or hobby and maybe even find a place in society with those skills, but they CANT function like they should be able to. They wonder why relationships dont work or why they feel alone, how no one understands them except themselves and that's if they're having a good day.

Evolution works on an hourly basis, just like a tree gains thorns and poison to protect itself from being eaten a person creates walls and barriers that are impossible for them to cross simply because they're afraid of what's on the other side. And that all comes down to people not growing up when they should and realizing that they have every right to be as much a leader as they are a follower. Dont tell me we need to hold on to our children when the children want nothing more than to get as far away from their parents as possible so they can find their place in the flock and accept their inability to reach any moderate goals unless they're scared in to doing it.

There's no golden mean in the forming of a human being, it just happens. And unless that child is given the proper tools it will grow in to being a magnificent coward; All because mother's and father's dont want to push too hard. Yunno what happens when they DO push too hard? We get succesful people in high places who drink on the weekends and see their family once a year. They're the men who built houses out of trees and mud to protect their family's on the open plain and put every effort in their soul to give that family everything they need. And you can bet that the son of the family was out their working when they're ten years old hoping to God that someday he will live up to his father.

Just look around, all I see is children. I see children doing everything they can to get what they want which is nothing but empty confidence and power inside their fortresses of self-gratification, greed and the inability to fanthom responsibility unless it gets them something.

The only thing kids need during those extremely important years of growing in to a functioning adult is understanding, education and discipline on the parents part. And get rid of the fucking boob tube and 1000+ students in a public school and you'll have yourself a fine start to creating some decent human beings.

They may be boring adults with no extraordinary gifts but they'll be happy adults with good lives. Leave the Socrate's and Einstein's to the occasional fluke offering, they're too easy to make, we're running low on people who simply know how to live happy prosperous lives without fucking it up for the rest of us. [/end hypocritical rant]

Having said that, Special Effects class today was awesome and I learned how to make fake skin from kitchen products. :D

Arsey got job! - Dark Lord Neo - 4th June 2003

I've had jobs delivering papers before, but never a real one
I applied for a job at Wal-Mart in electronics since they are opening a wal-mart here soon, right when they started talking about hours and wages they remembered to ask me how old I was, and they said I wouldn't be old enough until June 20th, so they said they'd call back when I was old enough to work at teh store since they said they'd hire me. But they filled up all their jobs so I'm on a stupid waiting list(the stores only just opening so they figure alot of people will quite after their first couple of weeks) It sucks though too since Wal-Mart was paying alot more than minimum wage

lazy, you never cease to amaze me. You can post some of the oddest things possible one time, then post an alarmingly accurate, no-nonsense look at an issue at hand. I salute you.

Arsey got job! - Nintendarse - 5th June 2003

Lazy: All because mother's and father's dont want to push too hard. Yunno what happens when they DO push too hard? We get succesful people in high places who drink on the weekends and see their family once a year. They're the men who built houses out of trees and mud to protect their family's on the open plain and put every effort in their soul to give that family everything they need. And you can bet that the son of the family was out their working when they're ten years old hoping to God that someday he will live up to his father.

Obviously, you haven't seen what I've seen. Just as it is an error to push too soft, it is an error to push too hard. Maybe the pendulum has swug a bit too far in the direction of nurturing, but to suggest that there is no point where pressure becomes too much is ludicrous. I've seen friends of mine become total vegetables because their parents pushed them to be the smartest kid in the grade. I've seen people become mean-spirited because their parents wanted them to be cool. It's a balance. Sure, I might not have had tons of jobs, but I sure as hell understand the principles that are important for successful life and I believe that I am on a path that leads to successful ends.

Arsey got job! - Laser Link - 5th June 2003

I guess we could do it the way our parents' generation did it. By being greedy, backstabbing, power hungry, work obsessive, selfish people. But why would anyone want to follow in their footsteps after how much they managed to screw everything up? I'm not saying to hold kids back if they want to get a job, I'm just saying that this American idea of kicking the kids out at 18 is crap. How does that help them? Oh, by showing that in the real world everyone is selfish and hates you and will do everything they can to tear you down so they can build themselves up. So you better become just like them. Gee, and we are surprised when these corporations lie and steal to make a bigger profit. We are shocked and appauled at politicians who will do anything to get elected just to fuel their ego and gain more power and money. Just look at all these disguting reality shows- the whole object is to see how greedy, hurtful, and perverse you can be to win money! Is that all anyone cares about? In truth, we should change the phrase on our coins to "In Money, our God, we trust".

Like Nintendarse said, it's a balance. I'm not saying to hide inside and never come out because the world is a scary place. That's very irresponsible. And parents who spoil their kids harm them because their kids not only become obsessed with money and things, they have no way of providing for themselves. But it's ridiculous to say that if you don't work full time from age 15 and move out before you graduate high school you can't become a functional human being. The only thing you learn is that nobody, not even the people who you trusted and loved, care enough about you to sacrifice their own time and money to help you succeed. You learn that it really is only about me, myself, and I, and maybe that's the world some people want. But I think it sucks.

Arsey got job! - lazyfatbum - 6th June 2003

"to suggest that there is no point where pressure becomes too much is ludicrous."

How so? If it's humanly impossible I understand, but how is that you become exempt when someone expects you to max out the human potential?

"I've seen friends of mine become total vegetables because their parents pushed them to be the smartest kid in the grade. I've seen people become mean-spirited because their parents wanted them to be cool."

Yes, that's bad parenting. I'm talking about pushing them to get work done, do it right and take responsibility for it.

"It's a balance."

There is no balance, nor the perception of it in human social structures.

"Sure, I might not have had tons of jobs, but I sure as hell understand the principles that are important for successful life and I believe that I am on a path that leads to successful ends."

Since you know everything, I would suggest you quickly become the President of the United States and then Leader of Earth. I mean think about it, you just contradicted everything that's already been proven and studied through human social development and then you say you know better? Come on.

"I guess we could do it the way our parents' generation did it. By being greedy, backstabbing, power hungry, work obsessive, selfish people. But why would anyone want to follow in their footsteps after how much they managed to screw everything up?"

That is the most offensive fucking thing I have ever heard in my life. You live in a country that allows you to say that because of the people who were brought up on morals and understandings of not only responsibility but of the grander scheme of adult life that you can barely comprehend and you put them down for having balls and being able to fight and stand up to enemies either on a global or personal scale so that they can survive everything from gun fire to professional argumentative conflicts in business that would make MOST people piss their pants with fright all because you think we're screwed NOW because of it? We're screwed up NOW because of NOW because those people are GONE and no one knows how to get it back. I hope to God I’m able to even be considered in the same class of people who raised this country during the 20th Century and did it all in the hopes of a better life for you and I that you just took a dump on.

"this American idea of kicking the kids out at 18 is crap. How does that help them? Oh, by showing that in the real world everyone is selfish and hates you and will do everything they can to tear you down so they can build themselves up. So you better become just like them. Gee, and we are surprised when these corporations lie and steal to make a bigger profit. We are shocked and appauled at politicians who will do anything to get elected just to fuel their ego and gain more power and money. Just look at all these disguting reality shows- the whole object is to see how greedy, hurtful, and perverse you can be to win money! Is that all anyone cares about? In truth, we should change the phrase on our coins to "In Money, our God, we trust".

If you think for one second that money has nothing to do with human beings and life itself in the survival of our species you couldn't be more wrong. Some kid with the IQ of mayonnaise will jump off a building to win $100 bucks but I’ll shovel cow shit for $7 an hour or work as a producer for a film production house and make six figures a week, now you tell me what the difference is. The cold hard fact is that kids need to be kicked out when they're 13; we instinctively want to jeopardize our relationships with our family and become ass-backwards rebellious dill-rods who want to fend for themselves because our brains are desperately trying to get it through your conscious minds that we aren't going to survive by depending on other people. And no you dont become just like them, you learn from it and become better than they are. I'm so sick of hearing the "I'm too afraid to be an asshole" response when what it really comes down to is being afraid of conflict and responsibility for our own actions. You dont overcome perversity in your social structure and immeadiate surroundings by ignoring it and trying to live blindly, you FIGHT it instead of mocking it. Those people do those things because they know they want to conquer their own life but most of it has to do with the fact that these are people raised on the idea of making your parents your best friends and then living in complete fear that you're not the best thing since sliced bread and you have to take all the pressures and stress of the world and put it on your shoulders and pretend you're helping human beings when you're just trying to give yourself the attention and love you need because you cant function in the most advanced civilization since God made ants all because mom and dad didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

You can go to school and learn a trade but can you learn how to justify conflict and deal with co-workers or be able to fire someone you've known for the past 20 years of your ADULT life? You'd be too afraid to deal with yourself if you did that, I'm so fucking sick and tired of the lack of leaders and leadership in this world. No one wants to lead, they're raised in to the idea of following and that if you dont follow you'll fail. And now I’ve got you two telling me that we need more love and care when it's that very same ideal that creates fucking serial killers! Selfish amoral kaleidoscopes of misery birthed and bred on the backs of frightened sheep that cant even deal with the smallest conflicts in their lives without consulting a head shrinker for a pat on the back.

"I'm not saying to hide inside and never come out because the world is a scary place. That's very irresponsible. And parents who spoil their kids harm them because their kids not only become obsessed with money and things; they have no way of providing for themselves. But it's ridiculous to say that if you don't work full time from age 15 and move out before you graduate high school you can't become a functional human being. The only thing you learn is that nobody, not even the people who you trusted and loved, care enough about you to sacrifice their own time and money to help you succeed. You learn that it really is only about me, myself, and I, and maybe that's the world some people want. But I think it sucks."

That mentality is why we're so fucking important in the first place, it's what helped us get this far! And no it doesn't make you think that it's "just you", it does the opposite and helps you realize that ANYTHING you do no matter how great, can be out done and out classed by atleast a few thousand other people in the tri-state area who aren't going to give a flying fajita that you can program a game or write a story and that NO ONE is inherently special but that we only can find that apex by actually accomplishing something ON OUR OWN. Why should ***ANYONE*** try to help a person reach success but YOURSELF. Fuck it, this debate is done, I’m not going to change anyone's mind or offer a new perspective but God dammit this fecking shite pisses me off to the Nth degree to the point of making my piss-filled bladder boil.

Arsey got job! - OB1 - 6th June 2003

:erm2:

Arsey got job! - Nintendarse - 6th June 2003

Erm

If you think debating is about convincing other people, I'd suggest better strategy than, "You don't know what you're talking about, shut up, grow up, I'm not going to listen to you."

I do want to have a discussion, if that's possible. I'm all for diversity of ideas. I want to honestly become the pupil. As such, I have many questions about your philisophy that I either do not understand or do not gel with my philosphies. In each case, I'll ask a question.

How so? If it's humanly impossible I understand, but how is that you become exempt when someone expects you to max out the human potential?

Can you define the human potential? Is that a human-wide standard, or an individualized potential? Should the parent encourage the child to be the best that he can be or demand that the child be the best that he can be? Will this create self-motivated individuals?

Yes, that's bad parenting. I'm talking about pushing them to get work done, do it right and take responsibility for it.

What if the child is taught to be self-motivated: he takes responsibility, gets his work done, and gets it right? Is it better to be self-motivated or motivated by a fear of punishment/pressure from parents? Is there a human-wide standard of "doing it right?" In other words, is 65% considered "doing it right?"

There is no balance, nor the perception of it in human social structures.

Okay, educate me. I have come to a personal conclusion that balance/imbalance has far-reaching social, historical, emotional, physical, biological, and aesthetic impact. Teach me why I am wrong.

Since you know everything, I would suggest you quickly become the President of the United States and then Leader of Earth. I mean think about it, you just contradicted everything that's already been proven and studied through human social development and then you say you know better? Come on.

Did I ever imply that I know everything? I'm human, it's impossible for me to know everything. If I knew everything, I would have known exactly what to say to bring about the best outcome for the entire world. But I don't know what the best thing to say is. I have an opinion, and just like everyone else, my pathology gets mixed up with this opinion. Obviously, if I don't know about everything that's been proven and studied through human social development, I don't know everything. Teach me. What has been proven and studied through human social development? Maybe then I can make an educated opinion?

If you think for one second that money has nothing to do with human beings and life itself in the survival of our species you couldn't be more wrong.

I would like a historical argument for this.

we instinctively want to jeopardize our relationships with our family and become ass-backwards rebellious dill-rods who want to fend for themselves because our brains are desperately trying to get it through our conscious minds that we aren't going to survive by depending on other people. And no you dont become just like them, you learn from it and become better than they are

If everyone lived like this, it seems to me that it would be a very sad world. Humans are inherently social beings. We depend on interaction with others to live. It confuses me when you claim that humans naturally desire to be independent from other humans. Life without emotional, social, or other commitments would seem sad.

Isn't it interesting that children grow up to have either very similar behaviors to their parents or the polar opposite behavior of their parents. If everyone learns from their parents, why does physical abuse run in families?

And now I’ve got you two telling me that we need more love and care when it's that very same ideal that creates fucking serial killers!

How does love and care create serial killers? From your previous post, why is it a good thing that fathers drink on the weekends?

Teacher, I must question why it is so important that people be raised as you were? Why is it so important to you that society fits your ideal of it? Aren't you taking responsibility for changing the society? In that case, aren't you doing the precise thing that you proscribe is the downfall of society?

I think he was reposnding to LL's post... or maybe both.

Arsey got job! - Nintendarse - 6th June 2003

I think he was responding to both: "And now I’ve got you two telling me that we need more love and care when it's that very same ideal that creates fucking serial killers!"

Well there ya go.

Arsey got job! - Laser Link - 9th June 2003

Wow lazy, I really don't know what you read in my post, but it couldn't have been what I wrote. I don't know what you are talking about.