Tendo City
Smash Ultimate is finally finished - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Smash Ultimate is finally finished (/showthread.php?tid=7338)

Smash Ultimate is finally finished - Dark Jaguar - 5th October 2021

And it's done, we have the very last character and smash costume.

Doomguy didn't make it in as a character, but he's in as a Mii Gunner costume.

Sora however is in.  It makes complete sense all things considered, and based on that intro trailer, it looks like the actual Sora just opened a portal into trophy world.  While we may not all agree on every character choice (personally while I'm not a fan of Minecraft, a minecraft character made total sense as well and is a delight to play), we can all agree that most of our wildest ideas did manage to make it in in the end.  It's been a wild ride.  Banjo Kazooie, K.Rool, Ridley, Eh Steve, Ryu, and even Sora made it in, not to mention oh so many unexpected trophy fighters like Shovel Knight and Mii costumes like Doomguy.  This is such a ridiculous dream roster, and it's all here.

Now, if only they could provide a Mii costume based "season pass" so we can save a little money on that ridiculous list.

RE: Smash Ultimate is finally finished - A Black Falcon - 7th October 2021

As someone who has never liked Kingdom Hearts much at all and has zero interest as playing as Sora either in Kingdom Hearts games or elsewhere --  I think he's an incredibly boring and uninteresting character -- I'd call this a very disappointing choice.  It's understandable, I know that a lot of people love those games and wanted Sora in Smash (he apparently actually won the 2015 character poll, they just didn't announce anyone they didn't have rights for) but yeah for me it might not be the worst possible choice but it's pretty close to it.

With that said, I haven't actually bought any of Smash Ultimate's DLC characters, so... yeah, I can't say too much either way really.  I'll probably buy some of them eventually though.

Oh, and Disney was so obnoxious rights-wise that Kirby isn't allowed an actual Keyblade.  He only has one made of stars.  It works but still, that's kind of lame on Disney's part.

RE: Smash Ultimate is finally finished - Dark Jaguar - 7th October 2021

I'll forgive you for not really understanding the keyblade since you don't like the series, so let me explain.

The keyblade changes shape.  Every keyblade is totally unique in appearance, and Sora's in particular changes it's form based on what keychain is attached.  Frankly I thought they'd just stick the Smash symbol at the end of Sora's and perhaps even give it a unique form to get around the Disney thing.

Kirby's keyblade isn't going to be a one to one copy of Sora's because no one's is.  They reflect the world and the heart.  It makes perfect sense that Kirby would get an entirely unique appearance when copying Sora's powers, and basing it on Kirby's world fits perfectly.

In short, it looking totally different paradoxically means it's a perfect replica.  I love it.

Kingdom Hearts II probably has the smoothest and best gameplay and controls of the whole series, and well the storyline kinda went off the rails after II.  Many would argue it did after the first one, and they'd be right, considering that for II to make sense you have to play Chain of Memories.

Anyway, even if you hate Sora, you've got to admit someone who's entire series is about travelling to a bunch of unique worlds and meeting the most important people in those worlds fits perfectly within Smash Bros.  Heck I have no particular interest in Minecraft, but I thought Steve was a perfect fit and a well made character, even if that guy didn't appear anywhere on my personal preference list.