Tendo City
Nintendo has gone full microtransaction - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Nintendo has gone full microtransaction (/showthread.php?tid=7330)

Nintendo has gone full microtransaction - Dark Jaguar - 2nd August 2021

It's no longer relegated to their mobile offerings.  Their DOTA clone Pokemon game is fully saturated with the worst excesses.  You can win pants from a loot box!  Denim pants!  Like- like the kind you have in real life already (and were probably cheaper).

Nintendo... is officially part of the problem.  Nintendo, who was already treading the kiddie pool of bad AAA business practices already, has now just gone off the deep end and plunged right in.

Maybe money itself shouldn't actually exist.

RE: Nintendo has gone full microtransaction - A Black Falcon - 2nd August 2021

Well, this new Pokemon MOBA IS developed by Tencent, the Chinese mobile giant.  What else would you expect than an extremely mobile design?

I mean, yeah, it's pretty scummy of Nintendo to work with Tencent making that kind of game on their main console, but sadly, this is the direction they ahve been heading towards, think of their microtransaction-based games on the 3DS and such... this game, as a full-on microtransaction game of the worst kind, is worse than that stuff, but you can't say that Nintendo hasn't kind of been heading towards this for years now so sadly it doesn't surprise me.

It sounds like the game is decently good, if you like MOBAs, though.

RE: Nintendo has gone full microtransaction - Dark Jaguar - 3rd August 2021

(2nd August 2021, 4:23 PM)A Black Falcon Wrote: Well, this new Pokemon MOBA IS developed by Tencent, the Chinese mobile giant.  What else would you expect than an extremely mobile design?

I mean, yeah, it's pretty scummy of Nintendo to work with Tencent making that kind of game on their main console, but sadly, this is the direction they ahve been heading towards, think of their microtransaction-based games on the 3DS and such... this game, as a full-on microtransaction game of the worst kind, is worse than that stuff, but you can't say that Nintendo hasn't kind of been heading towards this for years now so sadly it doesn't surprise me.

It sounds like the game is decently good, if you like MOBAs, though.

I don't understand DOTA style games at all.  I see a bunch of maps that are literally identical on the top and bottom paths, and yet for some reason people are expected to treat one different than the other, ALWAYS in the same way every single time.  That kind of regimented cultural expectation kills any interest in a game for me.

In any case, you're arguing something I already agree on, that Nintendo has been slowly inching towards this for a while now.  I didn't bring it up because no one disagrees on that point.

It's just that at this point, the final barrier is crossed.  They did it all on Switch.  It worries me.

RE: Nintendo has gone full microtransaction - etoven - 5th August 2021

(2nd August 2021, 8:45 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: It's no longer relegated to their mobile offerings.  Their DOTA clone Pokemon game is fully saturated with the worst excesses.  You can win pants from a loot box!  Denim pants!  Like- like the kind you have in real life already (and were probably cheaper).

Nintendo... is officially part of the problem.  Nintendo, who was already treading the kiddie pool of bad AAA business practices already, has now just gone off the deep end and plunged right in.

what in 7 pokemon gods + pikachu is that man wearing.

RE: Nintendo has gone full microtransaction - Dark Jaguar - 6th August 2021

(5th August 2021, 10:49 AM)etoven Wrote:
(2nd August 2021, 8:45 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: It's no longer relegated to their mobile offerings.  Their DOTA clone Pokemon game is fully saturated with the worst excesses.  You can win pants from a loot box!  Denim pants!  Like- like the kind you have in real life already (and were probably cheaper).

A t-shirt, sunglasses, and a hat.

RE: Nintendo has gone full microtransaction - Sacred Jellybean - 8th August 2021

(5th August 2021, 10:49 AM)etoven Wrote:

They might be a transwoman. I know one that goes to my gym that has a shirt that said "Today Sodom, Gomorrah the world." A+.

RE: Nintendo has gone full microtransaction - Sacred Jellybean - 8th August 2021

Oh yeah, Nintendo microtransgenderactionaggressions. Yeah. They suck. And stuff.