Tendo City
Fixes to smilies and more comming - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Notices (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Site (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: Fixes to smilies and more comming (/showthread.php?tid=7322)

Fixes to smilies and more comming - etoven - 19th April 2021

Smilies now scale properly.
There is a new theme (in progress) that is responsive and mobile ready.
Bug fixes, and server patches applied.

Here is a preview of the new look:

RE: Fixes to smilies and more comming - Dark Jaguar - 20th April 2021

I love the new flat look.  Very modern.  If I could make a request, could you remove the "circling the square" rendering of avatars?  It really messes up their look and crops out way too much detail.  I also like the solution to the table stretching issue with our weird novelty stuff by just rendering them much smaller on the list.

Goodgraphics

RE: Fixes to smilies and more comming - Sacred Jellybean - 20th April 2021

Thanks Toven, looking good so far! I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining in the last thread. I just got a bit swept up in excitement in designing a new layout. I wasn't demanding more work for you, in case it got misconstrued. Ubbsmile But this is much appreciated.

RE: Fixes to smilies and more comming - etoven - 20th April 2021

(20th April 2021, 5:57 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: I love the new flat look.  Very modern.  If I could make a request, could you remove the "circling the square" rendering of avatars?  It really messes up their look and crops out way too much detail.  I also like the solution to the table stretching issue with our weird novelty stuff by just rendering them much smaller on the list.

Goodgraphics

I read that as creeps out way to much detail at first. I was like.. But that's why I did it.. 
For all that creepy detail......

(20th April 2021, 8:04 AM)etoven Wrote:
(20th April 2021, 5:57 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: I love the new flat look.  Very modern.  If I could make a request, could you remove the "circling the square" rendering of avatars?  It really messes up their look and crops out way too much detail.  I also like the solution to the table stretching issue with our weird novelty stuff by just rendering them much smaller on the list.

Goodgraphics

I read that as creeps out way to much detail at first. I was like.. But that's why I did it.. 

Oh no no I love the detail and it's not creepy at all, it's perfectly sterile!  I was referring to our profile avatars being wrapped up in a circle cutting off their details.

(20th April 2021, 8:08 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:

Goodgraphics

Oh no no I love the detail and it's not creepy at all, it's perfectly sterile!  I was referring to our profile avatars being wrapped up in a circle cutting off their details.

How's that?

(20th April 2021, 8:11 AM)etoven Wrote:
Quote: 

Goodgraphics

How's that?

In the new theme, there's a weird circle or oval effect being applied to everyone's avatars that makes them look pretty bad and at least in my opinion they'd look better fully displayed.

It can be seen in the blue space just to my left in that picture with the Wii U stylized D and J.  A lot of it is cut off which kind of ruins the effect I was going for.  Other than that, I love the new look.

(20th April 2021, 8:21 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
Quote: 

Goodgraphics

How's that?

In the new theme, there's a weird circle or oval effect being applied to everyone's avatars that makes them look pretty bad and at least in my opinion they'd look better fully displayed.

It can be seen in the blue space just to my left in that picture with the Wii U stylized D and J.  A lot of it is cut off which kind of ruins the effect I was going for.  Other than that, I love the new look.

No I mean.. How's that.. As in I fixed it already.. Refresh your page.. LOL

(20th April 2021, 8:21 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
Quote: 

Goodgraphics

How's that?

It took a while for the change to propogate but I'm seeing it now.  Thank you!