Tendo City
More nonsensical annoying or infuriating commercials - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: More nonsensical annoying or infuriating commercials (/showthread.php?tid=7289)

More nonsensical annoying or infuriating commercials - Dark Jaguar - 5th September 2020

It's interesting just what happens when you remove preference tracking on youtube ads.  I'm seeing the ads the "every man" sees now, and it's a terrifying world.

First, there's the ads that consist of a synthetic voice describing products that I'm pretty sure should be illegal.  I just got done watching an add for an amazing "tracker", which opened with a robotic voice saying "This tracker is amazing" while showing someone insert this "tracker" into someone's back pocket.  What in the ever living hell is going on?!  I'm pretty sure that's part of some rapist's tool kit.  What kind of person sees an ad like that and says "yes, I want to be a spy even though I live in the suburbs and have NO legitimate use for this thing in any form"?

There's an ad where a woman screams into my ears then tries to sell me a... rubber tire?  It's supposed to make her back feel better, but the tone in her voice is all weird.  I don't get it.

There are a spat of ads lately that consist of a camera focused on someone's hands fiddling around with some stupid thing with Trump's name on it.  Lighters, wallets, a "trump hat" bottle opener.  What's so unsettling about them is the ad runs entirely silently.  It's definitely produced by serial killers.

RE: More nonsensical annoying or infuriating commercials - Sacred Jellybean - 8th September 2020

Quote:I just got done watching an add for an amazing "tracker", which opened with a robotic voice saying "This tracker is amazing" while showing someone insert this "tracker" into someone's back pocket.  What in the ever living hell is going on?!  I'm pretty sure that's part of some rapist's tool kit.  What kind of person sees an ad like that and says "yes, I want to be a spy even though I live in the suburbs and have NO legitimate use for this thing in any form"?

Ahhhh! This reminds me of those old internet ads that shows a tiny, 1-inch camera that you can "PUT ANYWHERE! No one will see it!" D: Thanks, Norman Bates.

I've been getting really frustrated by youtube showing me 2 ads for virtual every video I want to watch. It didn't used to be this bad. At least one of them will be 15 seconds long and unskippable. I wish we had an alternative... I've tried searching for videos on Dailymotion, vimeo, etc but they've got practically nothing. I'd just as soon go without.

As far as annoying ads... I haven't seen it recently, but I kept getting this god damn liberty mutual ad that blared loud, triumphant music, and showed a close-up of a woman with bugged-out eyes, a deliriously happy, open-mouthed grin on her face, raising her fists into the air. That's it. What on earth? They're not even telling me anything, just LOOK HOW HAPPY YOU'LL BE, LISTEN TO THIS MUSIC, LOOK AT THIS PERSON WHO'S SO THRILLED THAT THEY'RE BORDERING ON INSANITY! LIBERTY MUTUAAAALLL!!! THE THIRST MUTILATOR!

Then I get peeved by the Grammarly ads that tell me they can write my e-mails for me and make them sound more professional. No thanks. You won't take away my voice! I take pride in writing, so I get a little disturbed by the idea of an AI doing it better than me. Bullshit. If everyone else is using it, at least my e-mails will stand out, and won't sound sterile.