Tendo City
It's Survery Time!!1! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: It's Survery Time!!1! (/showthread.php?tid=727)

Pages: 1 2

It's Survery Time!!1! - A Black Falcon - 3rd June 2003

Doesn't make sense to me, really, but whatever...

It's Survery Time!!1! - Dark Jaguar - 4th June 2003

I'm supposedly FROM the south, and I've never heard even the most southern of drawls drop the "n" and drag out the "a" in Dan, nor is it ever something with southern connotations. People always have hangups about their own name though that others who don't have that name don't understand. I have an uncle who's name is Chuck or Charles, but for some reason he hates "Chuck" because he thinks it sounds like a retarded person's name.

In other words, chill out. To be honest, I believe the Gaffer had it right when he said something like "Never give a child a name that has to be shortened before it can be properly used.".

It's Survery Time!!1! - OB1 - 4th June 2003

Hell I never lived in the south but whenever people would call me Dan they would always drag out the a like some damn hick.

It's Survery Time!!1! - Sacred Jellybean - 4th June 2003

"Daniel" is a soft name. Soft names make soft, fruity boys. "Dan" is simple and concise, like it should be.

It's Survery Time!!1! - A Black Falcon - 4th June 2003

Quote:"Never give a child a name that has to be shortened before it can be properly used.".

My parents obviously believed that too...

It's Survery Time!!1! - Laser Link - 4th June 2003

The first thing people say to me when they meet me is always "Luke, I am your father." At least that can't happen to you. :)

Quote:a honda accord, the drivers side door doesn't even open

My brother's Honda Accord has a broken driver's side door handle, so he has to go in the passenger side.

You may want to consider the possibility that your friends drag out the 'a' not because they always say Dan that way, but rather because they know you hate it and want to mess with you. You seem like the kind of person who's friends would be jerks like that :D.

P.S. As long as I've known you, though albeit only your online self, you have never acted like a punk LL. I don't consider you punklike in the least, contrary to your 4 word description of yourself. Then again, you seem just humble enough to see flaws in yourself that aren't there :D.

Quote:Originally posted by Sacred Jellybean
"Daniel" is a soft name. Soft names make soft, fruity boys. "Dan" is simple and concise, like it should be.

Daniel is a great name and you don't deserve to use it since it's only for cool people, not insecure little punk-ass bitches like yourself. Dan is a shitty name, one of the worst nicknames invented. It's just so damn whiny. Daaaaan.

You're more insecure than me. :shake:

That's what you think! I'm more secure than flying super- monkey sitting on a moutain top on a summer's eve!

Hmm, I'd say OB1 is slightly insecure. I mean, he's trying to pretty much change his name just to avoid a stupid little pronounciation gag his friends do.

Wha?

Hey at least I'm not afraid to tell people my name. Judging by the way you and ABF refuse to tell people your names I'm betting that they're really bad like "Uter", "Gabriel", or something along those lines. I'm right, aren't I?

Why is "we don't want to say" so hard to understand?

Because it's irrational!

And we all know irrationality should be left at the frontier before entering the realm of Tendo City...

Now why has no one added the exploding head yet? EM even linked it in the dead babies thread!

I didn't go there.

Ah.

Explode

It's Survery Time!!1! - Laser Link - 5th June 2003

I was wondering where the exploding head smily went. That was always my favorite.

DJ: Punk is a good thing. I didn't think of myself as a punk, and I guess I still wouldn't fit into most people's idea of it. But being a punk means being yourself no matter what anyone else thinks. That sort of led to the tattoos and random piercings and green hair in a rebellious way, and that became the stereotype of punkiness. A lot of my friends have tattoos and tongue rings or stuff like that, but that's not really the point. The point is just that it doesn't matter what you dress like but how you live that matters. Especially in Christian circles that was a big problem, and still is in many churches. It's stupid because I could comb my hair out nice and wear a suit and be considered the good young man, or punk my hair up and dress like usual with baggy pants and throw in an earing and I'd be kicked out of the same churches. Or at least watched very carefully so I won't steal something or vandalize the building. All based on appearance. I'm the same person. And in a way it's a bit of a rebellion against that, because I don't want to ever be someone who judges based on appearance.

So, yeah, I guess it is rebellious. But sometimes things are so stupid or wrong that you have to rebel. How can you really be more rebellious than a Christian who dresses like a punk? Everyone rejects you. There are Christians who think you are evil and possessed by Satan because you have spiky hair and then there are the punks who hate you because you try to live right and it makes them angry because you won't conform. And then when you do make a mistake because, surprise surprise, you aren't perfect, the Christians dogpile on you and tear you apart for being so evil and everyone else calls you a hypocrite. So, yeah, it's great fun. :)

Now of course I am not saying all people fit into one of these 2 categories. For example, my grandma may hate the music I listen to and might not like my hair and I know my parents think tattoos are disgusting, but they look at who someone is and how they live, not what they look like. I want to try to get other Christians to look past the outward image and look at the heart, since that is what God does. And I sincerely hope that people who don't believe in God will maybe see that I am just a regular person who likes to have fun and stay out all night with my friends and play video games and goof around. But I try to care about others instead of myself and try to stand by my convictions instead of giving in to the crowd and try to be humble instead of arrogant. I hope that maybe instead of rejecting me for a hypocritical, Bible-thumping, propaganda-preaching Christian they will get to know me and see that even though I'm not perfect and I mess up far too often, I'm trying to live for God, not myself. And I know God will change me (and already has so much) and I hope others will see something different about me and want to know what it is. That maybe this God thing is for real. So that's what it's about.

Oh, and I love punk music. :D

It's Survery Time!!1! - Dark Jaguar - 6th June 2003

I've always defined "punk" as being a jerk, that is not caring about all the wrong things. Most "punks" I know by this definition don't care what people think as in they are completely lacking any sort of compassion or empathy or any sort of understanding of others at all. They usually do care about what people think about ONE thing though, whether or not people see them as people who don't care what others think (so irony that it's like, super irony). By your definition, no problem with being like that then.

In any case, rebelling in such a way has always seemed to me to be something of a huge care for other's opinions, MUST be hated type of thing, a sort of desire to be viewed the way one "hates" to be viewed to confirm one's beliefs on how the world is. Of course that's not YOU you described (unless you recently died your hair, though being a natural green just looks better) since I've seen pictures and you look like nerd, so I'm excused! Hope I didn't touch any nerves out there, but then again I don't, care? Did I get it right?

Oh yeah, it WAS OB1 who actually got upset because I wouldn't share info like that with him. Man, you actually took that personally. I'd just rather stay an amorphous blob so I'm treated like "every human", who is a FREAK, but still. That's right, Every Human, or to acronyse my appearence description, "eh"!

It's Survery Time!!1! - A Black Falcon - 6th June 2003

Yeah, I've never thought of "punk" in any sort of good way... punks are people in gangs who beat people up... or at least morons.

It's Survery Time!!1! - OB1 - 6th June 2003

I got upset from what? I'm only joking about this whole stupid name thing with you and ABF.

Well you sure sound annoyed that we won't say.

I'm merely dumbfounded by all of this.

Why? Its not like its some question where hiding the answer is absurd or anything... its perfectly logical to not want other people to know your name... or close to it. :)

Not even your first name? That's just stupid and immature.

It's Survery Time!!1! - EdenMaster - 7th June 2003

This sums it up for me.

PUNK IS: the personal expression of uniqueness that comes from the experiences of growing up in touch with our human ability to reason and ask questions.

PUNK IS: a movement that serves to refute social attitudes that have been perpetuated through willful ignorance of human nature.

PUNK IS: a process of questioning and commitment to understanding that results in self-progress, and through repetition, flowers into social evolution.

PUNK IS: a belief that this world is what we make of it, truth comes from our understanding of the way things are, not from the blind adherence to prescriptions about the way things should be.

PUNK IS: the constant struggle against fear of social repercussions.

It's Survery Time!!1! - A Black Falcon - 7th June 2003

Sorry, but trying to make the word "punk" a good thing just doesn't work.

It's Survery Time!!1! - Laser Link - 9th June 2003

Yeah, like I said, it kinda has different definitions depending on who you ask. But so does hacker. I would love to be a hacker some day. No, not some evil guy who sneaks into computers and destroys stuff for fun, but someone who is so good and knows so much about computers that they can do ANYTHING. Yeah, they could use it for evil, just like I could go on a rampage with my car, but real hackers use their skills to write better, more efficient, and flat out brilliant programs.

But I think EM summed it up best.

It's Survery Time!!1! - EdenMaster - 9th June 2003

They should be accurate. As much as I'd like to take credit for those words, they are not mine, but Greg Graffins. Lead singer of a punk band.

It's Survery Time!!1! - Laser Link - 9th June 2003

I had a feeling you grabbed that from somewhere. :) It didn't sound quite like you.

It's Survery Time!!1! - EdenMaster - 10th June 2003

That obvious, was it? :)