Tendo City
Panic! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Panic! (/showthread.php?tid=7252)

Panic! - A Black Falcon - 12th March 2020

Donald Trump is President... during a major national emergency. And sadly, things are going about as horribly badly as that sentence suggests -- his inaction, and actively damaging action, is killing Americans and will kill more.

And sadly, Trump doesn't understand that his inaction isn't just killing or hurting a lot of people -- he doesn't care about that -- but he does care about the stock market. And what he doesn't understand is that what the stock market actually wants is a plan to believe in and strong guidance from the government, something he provides none of.

It's tragic that this had to happen now and not a year from now after a Trump defeat, but hopefully we can get through this without things going as badly as they have in Italy, despite Trump's utter failure of action.

Meanwhile, the public panic is insane; toilet paper is probably sold out nationwide now, huh. Hope you have enough... strong governmental leadership could have averted insane panic buying like this, something not connected to actual need in most cases, but with THIS president? Forget it, panic buying it is.

I hope that Biden (our nominee now), Pelosi, and Democratic governors can come up with a good plan, regardless of what damage Trump does to the anti-virus (COVID-19) effort.

RE: Panic! - etoven - 12th March 2020

There's some good news.
The universe like irony...

RE: Panic! - A Black Falcon - 13th March 2020

It's probably more likely he got it from Trump than the other way around...

RE: Panic! - A Black Falcon - 24th April 2020

So Trump may not have COVID, but he sure has been good at proving himself even more evil and stupid than most people would have guessed a few months ago.

I mean, we all know Trump is stupid and evil, but actually telling people to drink Lysol or bleach because he has absolutely no idea how disinfectants work and is a revolting idiot? It's not a new low, but it is unbelievably stupid.

What probably IS a new low is, of course, taking PPE away from states that badly need it, giving that PPE to companies with ties to the Trump campaign or organization, and then allowing them to sell it back to the states at a higher price. Of course it's mostly blue states being subjected to this, because Trump is an uncaring monster.

RE: Panic! - Dark Jaguar - 26th April 2020

(24th April 2020, 7:28 PM)A Black Falcon Wrote: So Trump may not have COVID, but he sure has been good at proving himself even more evil and stupid than most people would have guessed a few months ago.

I mean, we all know Trump is stupid and evil, but actually telling people to drink Lysol or bleach because he has absolutely no idea how disinfectants work and is a revolting idiot? It's not a new low, but it is unbelievably stupid.

What probably IS a new low is, of course, taking PPE away from states that badly need it, giving that PPE to companies with ties to the Trump campaign or organization, and then allowing them to sell it back to the states at a higher price. Of course it's mostly blue states being subjected to this, because Trump is an uncaring monster.
Yep.  All I have to say is that universal healthcare is an absolute necessity.  THAT is what we need, right now.

This situation has absolutely beyond any reasonable doubt shown that the progressives were right.  If we can't pass universal healthcare NOW, when 70% of the country wants it, then when?  When?  When will it happen if not now? We need this. We need this to live. The public want it. The people in the way are congress. If they get in the way what option is left to a lot of desperate jobless people? I think the answer is uncomfortably obvious.

RE: Panic! - A Black Falcon - 8th July 2020

So many people are dying because Donald Trump is an uncaring monster, it's so awful...

RE: Panic! - Dark Jaguar - 11th July 2020

(8th July 2020, 9:42 PM)A Black Falcon Wrote: So many people are dying because Donald Trump is an uncaring monster, it's so awful...
It doesn't help that Biden came along and told someone in a wheel chair using a speech synthesizer that he doesn't support universal health care.  The democratic party is telling us what a disaster and existential crisis Trump's presidency is.  I agree.  So why aren't they doing everything in their power to win over voters even at great sacrifice to their lobbyist donation in order to make SURE they win this upcoming election?  They're screaming at Kanye West for DARING to run (he's an egotistical moron like Trump and I don't want him as president), but Kanye isn't a threat if Biden just gives the people what poll after poll shows they overwhelmingly want.  Every last progressive policy at this point has majority support nationwide.  Run on those platforms!  Don't blame the voters, blame yourselves for not appealing to the voters.  This gaslighting has gone far enough.  If you want to beat Trump, ACT LIKE IT!  (And for the love of god stop telling people that ask you to support popular policies to "vote for someone else".  What the hell?!)

That said, it looks like their current strategy of hiding Biden from scrutiny while Trump self destructs all by himself is working great.  Trump is destroying his election chances very well to the point where "not Trump" is the most desirable candidate.  It wouldn't have mattered who ran at all right now, so long as they aren't Trump, they're going to win.  That's great news for the moment, just not for the future.  I intend on openly criticizing Biden's failures once he's in office, and unless he has a total sea change in his views on progressive issues, I want to see him primaried in 4 years.  Geez, can you imagine if a candidate that was actually charismatic and compassionate ran against Trump right now?  It wouldn't even be close.

RE: Panic! - A Black Falcon - 21st August 2021

You know, the way the Trump wing of the Republican party are so devoted to their cause of being a death cult that they continue to refuse the vaccines that have now been available since the end of last year, even though they work well and kill very very dramatically fewer people than the virus does, particularly the newer more transmissible variants of the virus... I mean, if you had told me THAT back when the pandemic started, like when I made this thread?  Honestly, I probably would be surprised.  I mean, Trump has spread vaccine misinformation in the past, but he supported vaccine development and took the vaccine himself.  And yet, his devotees are now all-in on dying unnecessarily while overwhelming hospitals with their stupidity, particularly in the southern states where vaccination rates are lowest.  I am very fortunate to not be in that part of the country, but still... gah, it's so, so horrible and sad, and yet most of the deaths are entirely the faults of the people dying now so that sure makes it feel somewhat less bad.  It's still bad, but not as bad as innocent victims are.

(If in some place enough conservatives manage to kill themselves with the virus that we win some election we otherwise were going to lose that sure would be poetic justice for those people...)

But yeah, seriously, everbody needs to get vaccinated.  And get a booster eventually, since they sadly seem necessary.  But since Donald Trump and his inexplicably insane fanbase have managed to politicize something which has nothing to do with politics, that isn't going to happen.  So I just hope that enough people do that we can finally beat back the virus.

RE: Panic! - Dark Jaguar - 30th August 2021

We couldn't even leave the country without killing some children.

WE did that.  For no reason, unless you count "revenge" as a reason.

RE: Panic! - A Black Falcon - 30th August 2021

... What does that have to do with a thread about COVID?  That's entirely unrelated.

Anyway, taking out the people who killed 13 US soldiers and ~150+ Afghan civilians is clearly a necessary thing.  I hope that we didn't accidentally kill civilians but you can't just ignore those people and let them keep doing things like that...

RE: Panic! - Dark Jaguar - 31st August 2021

(30th August 2021, 6:56 PM)A Black Falcon Wrote: ... What does that have to do with a thread about COVID?  That's entirely unrelated.

Anyway, taking out the people who killed 13 US soldiers and ~150+ Afghan civilians is clearly a necessary thing.  I hope that we didn't accidentally kill civilians but you can't just ignore those people and let them keep doing things like that...

It's already established.  There is no justifying this.  Either we are getting out of there, or we are staying and fighting the war from scratch, I say taht because that's the reality now that the Taliban are the official government of the country.  It was Isis yes- but if we stay- we're fighting them both.  That's all there is to it.  We can't launch drone strikes and say we're "gone".  Yes ABF, the right course of action is to ignore what they did at the airport and leave.  We LOST, we lost our 20 year war.  It's over.  Giving them a bloody lip just killed children.  This is fact, it's recorded.  There is no point to it.

If we want to change things, here's what we do.  We provide aid to refugees and help get as many that can get out of the country to nations either nearby or, if necessary, us.  We do proper nation building not in the form of just giving them weapons or money, but offering to build roads and hospitals and schools.  That's what we can do.  Military action is pointless now, and justifying what the military just did is downright Bush era politicis.  You should know better.

RE: Panic! - A Black Falcon - 31st August 2021

Again, this isa COVID thread, not a general politics thread.  Shouldn't this be in the general politics thread?  I will make a thread to discuss Afghanistan...