Tendo City
Baby Yoda meme thread - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Baby Yoda meme thread (/showthread.php?tid=7232)

Baby Yoda meme thread - alien space marine - 24th November 2019

RE: Baby Yoda meme thread - Sacred Jellybean - 24th November 2019

Lol! Damn you.

RE: Baby Yoda meme thread - Dark Jaguar - 24th November 2019

RE: Baby Yoda meme thread - Sacred Jellybean - 25th November 2019

Okay, this one is pretty funny

[Image: oRawrqtl.jpg]

DJ, it splintered from this:

https://www.tendocity.net/showthread.php?tid=7167&pid=137736#pid137736

RE: Baby Yoda meme thread - Dark Jaguar - 25th November 2019

I don't get that one. Some off-shoot of an existing ellipsis meme? Is baby Yoda in there somewhere? Morse code? ASCII snowballs? Breadcrumbs?

Wait, I think I get it. ".." is baby and ".." is Yoda and "." is disney raping childhood memories with safe and mediocre films but why hasn't the extended universe not already fleshed out Yoda's origins in excruciating detail or maybe they did can someone grab ABF or alternatively OB1 via Ouija Board for autistic men and why the hell are there star wars legos toys or even any of the new lego shit that's come out since I was 12 I mean a movie and a video game why would you do that it makes no sense it's ugly and the little lego people have no sense of character or gravitas and their heads are fucking cylindrical and who wants to watch a cylindrical head talk with a painted on face that makes no sense get off my lawn

lol took me a minute

RE: Baby Yoda meme thread - A Black Falcon - 2nd December 2019

Is The Mandelorian good? I haven't watched it (and don't have whatever service it's on, Disney Plus or such?), but it seems to be popular so far at least. I did watch the first four seasons of the Clone Wars cartoon and mostly enjoyed it, though I stopped after that and so far haven't watched the last season or the Rebels cartoon, so I have watched some Star Wars TV.

You know, I don't remember them ever actually filling in Yoda's backstory in any detail at all. Now, most of the Star Wars books I read were in the 'after the OT' line of books, from the first ones in the early '90s until the end of the NJO series a bit over ten years later, and I only read a relative few of the PT-era books, but even so... no, most of what I remember was set in the eras of the movies or newer. If there's a "Yoda's Past" book I haven't seen it. Maybe Lucas intentionally didn't want to write it? Maybe there's some comic book about it? I never read any of those, after all. On the other hand, with him living 900 years, it's not like one book could easily cover that unless you only focus on certain key events...

As for Legos, I loved them in the '80s and '90s of course, but yeah, when they went so far into licenses it really lost me. I mean, I'm sure not being a kid or early to mid teenager anymore played a big part in that as well (there were plenty of good castle Lego sets in the '00s that I didn't buy because I wasn't as interested in Legos anymore than I had been, and because I decided to spend the money I did have on videogames and not Legos...), but I've long thought that Lego was a whole lot better when they were mostly making their own things, versus just making Lego versions of popular things you know like Star Wars and Harry Potter and so on and so on.

... I have often found it somewhat ironic that I chose this username in mid to late 1998, right about when I mostly stopped buying (or getting) many new Lego sets. I like it anyway.

As for this baby "Yoda", it can't be Yoda himself of course, but it sure does look like a baby from his species. Pretty cute from that clip, sure.

RE: Baby Yoda meme thread - alien space marine - 2nd December 2019

I’ve heard that Jon Favreau based this season of the Mandalorian off of the manga comic “lone wolf and cub”. The show is a PG13 space western set in the Starwars universe 5 years after the events of ROTJ.

I won’t spoil any major plot points, But were half way thru the first season and we still don’t know the title character’s real name, and we’ve never scene him unmasked either. The “child” aka Baby Yoda is even more mysterious, we just learn his age and sex not much else, many fans speculate that he could be Master Yoda’s son or even a clone.

The clone wars is relevant to the Mandalorian, but not necessary to watch. 

(2nd December 2019, 6:19 PM)A Black Falcon Wrote: Is The Mandelorian good?  I haven't watched it (and don't have whatever service it's on, Disney Plus or such?), but it seems to be popular so far at least.  I did watch the first four seasons of the Clone Wars cartoon and mostly enjoyed it, though I stopped after that and so far haven't watched the last season or the Rebels cartoon, so I have watched some Star Wars TV.

You know, I don't remember them ever actually filling in Yoda's backstory in any detail at all.  Now, most of the Star Wars books I read were in the 'after the OT' line of books, from the first ones in the early '90s until the end of the NJO series a bit over ten years later, and I only read a relative few of the PT-era books, but even so... no, most of what I remember was set in the eras of the movies or newer.  If there's a "Yoda's Past" book I haven't seen it.  Maybe Lucas intentionally didn't want to write it?  Maybe there's some comic book about it?  I never read any of those, after all.  On the other hand, with him living 900 years, it's not like one book could easily cover that unless you only focus on certain key events...

As for Legos, I loved them in the '80s and '90s of course, but yeah, when they went so far into licenses it really lost me.  I mean, I'm sure not being a kid or early to mid teenager anymore played a big part in that as well (there were plenty of good castle Lego sets in the '00s that I didn't buy because I wasn't as interested in Legos anymore than I had been, and because I decided to spend the money I did have on videogames and not Legos...), but I've long thought that Lego was a whole lot better when they were mostly making their own things, versus just making Lego versions of popular things you know like Star Wars and Harry Potter and so on and so on.

... I have often found it somewhat ironic that I chose this username in mid to late 1998, right about when I mostly stopped buying (or getting) many new Lego sets.  I like it anyway.

As for this baby "Yoda", it can't be Yoda himself of course, but it sure does look like a baby from his species.  Pretty cute from that clip, sure.

RE: Baby Yoda meme thread - A Black Falcon - 6th January 2020

I watched a couple of episodes of The Mandelorian and it's alright, seems like a decent if unspectacular sci-fi TV show. Really the only things which make it really stand out are that there aren't many of those kinds of shows anymore and the Star Wars elements. Still, it's fine I guess and I might watch the rest.