Tendo City
Resident Evil VII - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Resident Evil VII (/showthread.php?tid=7208)

Resident Evil VII - Sacred Jellybean - 29th August 2019

This game is pretty diesel. Pretty sure I never posted about it here. But it has a cool Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe, including an over-the-top dinner scene (even more over-the-top than in the 1970s film). You're back in a mansion, but this one is much cooler than some spooky, opulent museum like we saw in RE2. This one is a trashy plantation that's gone to hell. Floors and walls are littered with trash and various weird kitsch. Bags of trash, cat carriers, weird family photos... the developers did a magnificent job of dropping you into an environment that looks like a trailer home, that has somehow been stretched into multiple floors and buildings.

The game started out with some elements of stealth, where you're hiding from room-to-room while the scary hillbilly man stalks you with a rake. Then at some point, he *smashes through the wall* to come get you. The series continues to inter-splice cinematic thrills in with its game play.

The Old Southern Mansion portion of the game ended, now I'm at a new part where I guess we see the origin of what evil came around and destroyed/mutated the family that lived in the mansion. Now I'm in an abandoned ship. I did not see that coming!

RE: Resident Evil VII - Dark Jaguar - 31st August 2019

I love that they called it Resident Evil VII: Biohazard. Care to guess what it's called in Japan? Yep, Biohazard VII: Resident Evil.

RE: Resident Evil VII - Sacred Jellybean - 2nd September 2019

Haha.

I'm nearing the end of the game now. I'm in the salt mines, right up to an encounter with Evie, which I'm pretty sure is the last one.

Then again, I imagine I get a different game branch if I choose to save Zoe instead of Mia.

Hang on... I still have to beat the snot out of Lucas. Surely the game won't end without me doing that. Or maybe that's Zoe's destiny. We'll see.

RE: Resident Evil VII - Sacred Jellybean - 4th September 2019

RE: Resident Evil VII - Sacred Jellybean - 21st September 2019

You get to go after Lucas in the free DLC you get after you finish the game. Niiiice. I don't think it's as interesting to play as Chris Redfield. Not sure why... maybe it's because, in the primary game, you play as a civilian that's in over his head. I also like the creepy hillbilly mansion (I swear, those two words don't go together) much more than those drab mines. Blah.

I started the game, and UNFORTUNATELY, I forgot to save it. I'd been going off auto-save for a good few hours. Then, my checkpoint got overwritten after I'd made a bad mistake, and I couldn't go back. I am absolutely out of ammo, save for 1 explosive grenade, a couple stun grenades, and a few incendiary grenades. Looks like I'm starting again from the beginning. Grnsick

RE: Resident Evil VII - Sacred Jellybean - 21st September 2019

I think I'll get into Outlast 2, maybe after Cuphead, right in time for Halloween. The first was so good, I didn't want to jump into the second one immediately. It's time, though.

RE: Resident Evil VII - Dark Jaguar - 24th September 2019

I still haven't finished the first Outlast. I was enjoying it right up until P.T. came out, and it shattered my enjoyment of Outlast. But- there's no Silent Hills coming, so I really should just focus on what we have.

RE: Resident Evil VII - Sacred Jellybean - 26th September 2019

Yeah :( I'm glad I held onto P.T., since they took it off the store. I should really just pop it in and experience it again. I don't think I've played any other game that did so well at unnerving me. Great little game, even though I'm terrible and had to use a strategy guide pretty much the whole way through. I guess it's no different than the other hundred or so games I tell myself I'll replay some day. I feel like if I were showing it to someone, I'd be more inclined to put it on.

I've definitely done that with Outlast. In the opening scene where you're trying to get it, one friend said "This is the part of the horror movie where I'd be going nope nope nope nope, turn the hell back, what is wrong with you." The DLC (Whistleblower) is good too. But I guess if you're not even motivated to finish the first game... vUbbsmilev