Tendo City
Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Notices (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Site (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote (/showthread.php?tid=7167)

Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - etoven - 22nd February 2019

Due to our parting ways with siteturn and there non-existant customer support I am unable reclaim the domain name tcforums.com so tendo city will need a new name. Please post your suggestions below. Voting will close in 2 weeks.

Afterwards the new domain will be registered and host headers will be set on the old domain to redirect as  301 Moved Permanently.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Dark Jaguar - 23rd February 2019

Tendocity.com is currently being camped on by internet squatters. So, how about Tendocity.net ?

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - A Black Falcon - 24th February 2019

Yeah, isn't that why we have this name now, because tendocity.com wasn't available?

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Sacred Jellybean - 26th February 2019

Works for me, I ain't picky.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Sacred Jellybean - 26th February 2019

Otherwise I suggest thebestnintendoforumontheinternetfrequentedbythreepeopleLLCdotcom.com

Or tbnfotifb3p.com if you're into the whole brevity thing.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - etoven - 26th February 2019

(26th February 2019, 2:37 PM)Sacred Jellybean Wrote: Otherwise I suggest thebestnintendoforumontheinternetfrequentedby3threepeopleLLCdotcom.com

Or tbnfotifb3p.com if you're not into that whole brevity thing.

Ha..

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - A Black Falcon - 27th February 2019

I highly doubt that there's a better forum meeting all the criterias in that name, so it'd work... :P

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - A Black Falcon - 10th November 2019

Well, the tcforums.com domain finally died recently. Too bad, I'll miss it... I need to update my bookmark, instead of manually typing in the address now. :p

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - etoven - 11th November 2019

(10th November 2019, 9:31 PM)A Black Falcon Wrote: Well, the tcforums.com domain finally died recently.  Too bad, I'll miss it... I need to update my bookmark, instead of manually typing in the address now. :p

Yea, they just sent me a letter saying it was due also. How frikin clueless can you get.
I cut off that card and told them all to go fuck themselves ages ago.

I also got all the money back from the last renewal and apparently they didn't even return the call from the card company so I won the dispute by default.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - alien space marine - 13th November 2019

How old is this place?

It’s amazing that a few of us stuck around posting here for two decades practically

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Sacred Jellybean - 14th November 2019

Are swiss people bad lovers? Isn't that country supposed to be ranked as one of the happiest places in the world? You'd think there'd be a lot of fucking.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - A Black Falcon - 14th November 2019

(13th November 2019, 11:33 PM)alien space marine Wrote: How old is this place?

It’s amazing that a few of us stuck around posting here for two decades practically

Since the first version of the forum, just over twenty years.  September or October '99 was when the first forum started, I'm pretty sure.  I joined in December, but it had been around a few months before that; lazy has the earliest membership date I think, and his says September 21.  (Those dates were adjusted when we started this forum in 2003, of course, based on the dates from the previous versions of the forum that are mostly gone now.)

We should definitely celebrate that, twenty years is an accomplishment regardless of how many of us are still here!

Bounce

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Dark Jaguar - 15th November 2019

I like that we've gone back to the old familiar name. If anything, it could lead to some of those who left along the way stumbling across us again.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - etoven - 15th November 2019

(14th November 2019, 2:59 PM)Sacred Jellybean Wrote: Are swiss people bad lovers? Isn't that country supposed to be ranked as one of the happiest places in the world? You'd think there'd be a lot of fucking.

This post wins the coveted trophy for the most off topic comment ever.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - alien space marine - 16th November 2019

(14th November 2019, 2:59 PM)Sacred Jellybean Wrote: Are swiss people bad lovers? Isn't that country supposed to be ranked as one of the happiest places in the world? You'd think there'd be a lot of fucking.

I forget where I got that dumb quote, it’s just a bunch of comical stereotypes about European countries...

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Sacred Jellybean - 17th November 2019

I know, I'm familiar with the joke. Pretty funny. Ubbsmile I never thought about that Swiss part in the end, though.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - alien space marine - 19th November 2019

(17th November 2019, 5:33 PM)Sacred Jellybean Wrote: I know, I'm familiar with the joke. Pretty funny. Ubbsmile I never thought about that Swiss part in the end, though.
the best Valentine’s Day chocolates are made by the Swiss , how can they be terrible lovers?

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Sacred Jellybean - 23rd November 2019

asm did you post a thread about arnold schwarzenegger or did I hallucinate that

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Sacred Jellybean - 23rd November 2019

(15th November 2019, 7:18 AM)etoven Wrote:

bro u aint seen nuthin

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - alien space marine - 23rd November 2019

(23rd November 2019, 7:26 AM)Sacred Jellybean Wrote: asm did you post a thread about arnold schwarzenegger or did I hallucinate that

Hallucinate, you did not.

delete the crappy thread, I did.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Sacred Jellybean - 24th November 2019

That reminds me, where did this new baby Yoda meme come from? It's a little irritating.

[Image: P4cfdFkl.jpg]

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - alien space marine - 24th November 2019

(24th November 2019, 8:59 AM)Sacred Jellybean Wrote: That reminds me, where did this new baby Yoda meme come from? It's a little irritating.

[Image: P4cfdFkl.jpg]

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Weltall - 28th November 2019

I about had a heart attack.

Also, I'm glad you got tendocity.net back. I kind of regretted not keeping it. 

I don't think the old RC forums backup still lives. Lost in the aether. But I do totally still have the ONSP guest book, which was one of the internet's most fun places to be 20 years ago, if your idea of fun is calling people faggots and retards because they liked something you didn't. But damn those were fun times. The whole tribal politics of the ONSP/GayStation conflict was a blast.

The fact that there was a GayStation, and how our side made endless fun of how they unironically called themselves GayStation Warriors, goes to show how long ago we're talking.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - alien space marine - 28th November 2019

Little did we know that Sony would actually release a gay themed PlayStation one day.

We sure where a bunch of little homophobes back then.
(28th November 2019, 2:10 PM)Weltall Wrote: I about had a heart attack.

I don't think the old RC forums backup still lives. Lost in the aether. But I do totally still have the ONSP guest book, which was one of the internet's most fun places to be 20 years ago, if your idea of fun is calling people faggots and retards because they liked something you didn't. But damn those were fun times. The whole tribal politics of the ONSP/GayStation conflict was a blast.

The fact that there was a GayStation, and how our side made endless fun of how they unironically called themselves GayStation Warriors, goes to show how long ago we're talking.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - etoven - 28th November 2019

(23rd November 2019, 7:26 AM)Sacred Jellybean Wrote:
(15th November 2019, 7:18 AM)etoven Wrote:

bro u aint seen nuthin

Ubbsmile

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - A Black Falcon - 2nd December 2019

(28th November 2019, 2:10 PM)Weltall Wrote: I about had a heart attack.

I don't think the old RC forums backup still lives. Lost in the aether.
You think the old RC backup is gone?  That'd be sad, there's only a few scraps of any of the old forums versions on the Internet Archive.  I was looking a bit ago and found some threads and thread listings there from the Nurb/Ice-9 era, but it's only a relative few scattered ones (though I did find a handful of posts of mine on viewable pages...), and I don't think there was anything from in between the end of the original Nurb version and the beginning of this forum archive like two years later.  Oh well...

It is very nice to get this web address back though, for sure.

Quote:But I do totally still have the ONSP guest book, which was one of the internet's most fun places to be 20 years ago, if your idea of fun is calling people faggots and retards because they liked something you didn't. But damn those were fun times. The whole tribal politics of the ONSP/GayStation conflict was a blast.

I always found it disturbing back then how many people thought "gay" was an acceptable insult to use... even my cousins used to say that stuff all the time, though I never have. I know some people claimed to not be homophobic despite using that word negatively, but I never thought that was possible, it's pretty obvious what anyone who says that means.

That people say that kind of thing a whole lot less is one of many signs of how LGBT acceptance is way up over where it was in the '90s, and that's a very good thing.

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - alien space marine - 2nd December 2019

(2nd December 2019, 6:29 PM)A Black Falcon Wrote: I always found it disturbing back then how many people thought "gay" was an acceptable insult to use... even my cousins used to say that stuff all the time, though I never have. I know some people claimed to not be homophobic despite using that word negatively, but I never thought that was possible, it's pretty obvious what anyone who says that means.

That people say that kind of thing a whole lot less is one of many signs of how LGBT acceptance is way up over where it was in the '90s, and that's a very good thing.
 I wonder if the current generation of school kids still use homophobic language casually, like we did? We would call something gay if we thought it was lame and embarrassing.

The word “queer” used to be considered a pejorative term, now the LGBT totally embrace and own it.

South Park tried to de-homophobize use of the word “fag”, I’m not sure they’ve succeeded

RE: Tendo City Needs a New Domain Name - All Members Please Vote - Dark Jaguar - 4th December 2019

I really don't think South Park ever really accomplished anything they set out to do. Did they do an episode about the changing definition of the word "faggot"? I dunno, the swastika used to have a different meaning too- but well, that doesn't matter at all.

In answer to your question, modern kids DEFINITELY use the word "gay" as an insult, like all the time. If anything it's gotten worse. Flip on "voice chat" in an XBox Live game for a few seconds and you'll here a homophobic slur within a few minutes.

It's a shame the old backup for the site's been lost to us- but it is what it is. The absolute legend that is the Perfect Dark thread will live on in our hearts.