Tendo City
TC Has Moved To Tovennet - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Notices (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Site (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: TC Has Moved To Tovennet (/showthread.php?tid=7158)

TC Has Moved To Tovennet - etoven - 4th January 2019

I am in the process of ditching siteturn..

RE: TC Has Moved To Tovennet - A Black Falcon - 4th January 2019

You been having issues with them recently?  But if you can host it on your own server, why not... I'm sure it'd be cheaper for you, and might run better.  I see we have new forum software too.  It looks similar but seems to have some new options, though some things are missing -- all of our custom smilies (they need to be added back in if possible!) and such.  Looks good so far though.

Will it stay as the current address though (portal.tovennet.net/mybb, with tcforums.com redirecting to there) or will it eventually be on the tcforums.com domain?

RE: TC Has Moved To Tovennet - etoven - 4th January 2019

(4th January 2019, 10:59 AM)A Black Falcon Wrote: You been having issues with them recently?  But if you can host it on your own server, why not... I'm sure it'd be cheaper for you, and might run better.  I see we have new forum software too.  It looks similar but seems to have some new options, though some things are missing -- all of our custom smilies (they need to be added back in if possible!) and such.  Looks good so far though.

Will it stay as the current address though (portal.tovennet.net/mybb, with tcforums.com redirecting to there) or will it eventually be on the tcforums.com domain?

I am in the process of getting the DNS fixed. For now I have put in the redirect on the old site. Also will work on getting some more things moved over.

Alright, sounds great.

Oh, and are avatars MIA or something? Another issue you're working on I assume.

RE: TC Has Moved To Tovennet - etoven - 4th January 2019

(4th January 2019, 11:07 AM)A Black Falcon Wrote: Oh, and are avatars MIA or something?  Another issue you're working on I assume.

Yes, I am aware.. I am working on that as well

RE: TC Has Moved To Tovennet - A Black Falcon - 7th January 2019

So I see avatars are back.  That's good.  The other issues I've mentioned remain so far though.

RE: TC Has Moved To Tovennet - Sacred Jellybean - 27th February 2019

Thanks as always, Toven!

RE: TC Has Moved To Tovennet - A Black Falcon - 27th February 2019

What's done here is great, but do we at least have backups somewhere of images of all of the smilies we had before? All of the uses of them on the site (in all the old threads) anre now broken links, after all, it's kind of sad... I know I'm not the biggest fan of the things, but it would be nice if the posts displayed as intended. And some missing ones are ones I do like such as our custom image ones...

RE: TC Has Moved To Tovennet - etoven - 28th February 2019

(27th February 2019, 10:05 PM)A Black Falcon Wrote: What's done here is great, but do we at least have backups somewhere of images of all of the smilies we had before?  All of the uses of them on the site (in all the old threads) anre now broken links, after all, it's kind of sad... I know I'm not the biggest fan of the things, but it would be nice if the posts displayed as intended.  And some missing ones are ones I do like such as our custom image ones...

I have all the images, in fact I have everything from all of time.. No worries. I will fix them when I can find the time.

RE: TC Has Moved To Tovennet - etoven - 28th February 2019

I fixed the youtubes tag, some of the old posts where using a different forum code.. I made a new one that supports the old tag.

RE: TC Has Moved To Tovennet - A Black Falcon - 28th February 2019

That's awesome on both counts, fixing the old Youtube links is great.