Tendo City
No, WarioWare Gold should not be a Switch game - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: No, WarioWare Gold should not be a Switch game (/showthread.php?tid=7142)

No, WarioWare Gold should not be a Switch game - A Black Falcon - 12th August 2018

Seriously, it shouldn't! It's a great 3DS game that makes good use of the hardware, and does things that the Switch could not. You could not release this game on Switch as is, a third of the game requires touch and the Switch would not be any good at that at all. And the game uses the microphone as well, another thing the Switch doesn't have.

This "the 3DS should die" thing has been going on ever since the Switch released, and it's every bit as annoying now as ever... because the 3DS is still a very good system, one I'm still using a whole lot, and I at least don't want it to go away, as a handheld I probably like the 3DS form factor and featureset better than the Switch overall. And again, this game wouldn't work well on Switch anyway. Seriously.

No, WarioWare Gold should not be a Switch game - Dark Jaguar - 13th August 2018

The 3DS should die. WarioWare Gold makes good ues of the 3DS. These are not contradictory statements.

No, WarioWare Gold should not be a Switch game - A Black Falcon - 13th August 2018

The first of those two sentences isn't true, though. :)

No, WarioWare Gold should not be a Switch game - Dark Jaguar - 13th August 2018

It really doesn't matter if certain unique aspects of it's design allow for unique experiences. If you're going to argue that's the reason the 3DS should stick around, then you MUST argue that the Wii U should stick around.

No, WarioWare Gold should not be a Switch game - A Black Falcon - 15th August 2018

That's a major factor, but not the only reason. When compared to the Switch the Wii U and 3DS are pretty different, after all. Most importantly, the 3DS is much more successful than the Wii U, so releasing a new 3DS game makes a lot more sense because there's a much bigger userbase out there for it. And second, the Switch, while it is both handheld and console, has mostly been treated by Nintendo has a console, like the Wii U is. This makes sense, since even though it is portable, it's not as portable as a 3DS is, while it's much closer to the Wii U as a console. I like some things more about the Wii U, including its second screen and support for pointer controls with a Wiimote, but the Switch has some advantages too such as slightly better graphics, its IR camera, and tilt motion controls in its Pro Controller, but regardless given the lack of success it had it's quite easy to understand why the Wii U was quickly abandoned while the 3DS is going to make it into 2019.

It does seem that despite the large userbase fewer people are buying new 3DS games now, unfortunately, so this game might not be selling as well as it should, but still, it's certainly doing a lot better than Wii U games would be this year.

Anyway, anyone else playing the game? It's classic WarioWare and I like most of it a lot.