Tendo City
Smash Bros. agaaaaain - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Smash Bros. agaaaaain (/showthread.php?tid=7114)

Smash Bros. agaaaaain - Dark Jaguar - 9th March 2018

Smash Bros. agaaaaain - A Black Falcon - 9th March 2018

It's awesome that Smash is coming to the Switch, it may have been nearly inevitable at some point but we didn't know when it would happen...

The big question, though, is, is it a new game or an enhanced version of the last one? That is, is it Smash 4.5, or Smash 5. It has been a while since the last one so it's probably Smash 5, but it'll be very interesting to see if the gameplay is very different from the last one. Smash 4 isn't quite on par with Melee, but it is a great game and the second-best game in the series.

Having BotW Link's character model for Link in the game makes a lot of sense, too, given how popular BotW is. I'm guessing that that will be the only Link model in the game, but I guess we'll see. And will Zelda have a BotW costume too? I'd guess so, but we'll see later.

... As for those videos, I don't find them particularly good, but I guess the first is a little less annoying than the second?

Annoying? That's comedy gold!

Smash Bros. agaaaaain - A Black Falcon - 10th March 2018

I guess the idea of that one is 'making fun of the way people talk about what characters they wish were in Smash'? Sure.

The second, though, is just annoying... I stopped it after a minute or two.

Smash Bros. agaaaaain - Dark Jaguar - 10th March 2018

That one is making fun of fan analysis of the briefest of trailers and drawing some pretty extreme conclusions. All we can say with any certainly is that Inkling is going to be in the game.

My list:
Doomguy
Tetris
Q-Bert
King Graham
Shovel Knight
K.Rool
Dixie Kong
Chun Li
Snaaaake
Simon Belmont
Solaire
Pyramid Head

Smash Bros. agaaaaain - A Black Falcon - 12th March 2018

There's nothing wrong with speculation, but those silhouettes are clearly a bunch of current SSB characters, so over-analyzing it is kind of silly... but fine if people want to do that, why not?

It will be interesting to see if all current Smash 4 characters return in this one, though. Will, like, Ryu and Pac-Man and such return?

Smash Bros. agaaaaain - Dark Jaguar - 13th March 2018

Of course they're allowed, but when they're doing it based on basically nothing but 10 seconds of footage, the problems in their deductive reasoning get painful. That video was a balm to sooth my injured mind.

They did recently confirm that, yes, this is Smash 5 and not Smash 4 DX. Now that's interesting!

Smash Bros. agaaaaain - A Black Falcon - 13th March 2018

If it is a full sequel, I wonder what changes the gameplay will have; Smash 4 seemed to get things down pretty well. It's not quite Melee, but Sakurai doesn't want to make a game with Melee levels of depth so I wouldn't expect that.

Smash Bros. agaaaaain - Dark Jaguar - 14th March 2018

Melee levels of depth? Are you talking about wave dashing? That seems to be the major contention for Melee purists, but that's a glitch in the first place and requires some incredible precision just to pull it off. It's hardly fun to see someone dashing around like the flash when you can't possibly hope to replicate that. That doesn't make Melee "deeper" though. Personally, while Brawl had issues, 4 to me is a better game than Melee. It's got a pretty strong tournament scene now too, so it's picking up traction. I have no idea how they'll be changing things up with 5 though.