Tendo City
... So THAT's where those were? Huh... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: ... So THAT's where those were? Huh... (/showthread.php?tid=7103)

... So THAT's where those were? Huh... - A Black Falcon - 31st January 2018

This is kind of embarrassing. So, about two years ago we went on a trip to visit some relatives. I brought some console stuff with me, including my Wii and some Gamecube stuff for it as well. As I'd need them for that, I brought my five Gamecube memory card 251s with me as well. But because I couldn't get them to stay in the disc holder case thing, I put them in a bag, put them somewhere... and then they vanished, I couldn't find them anywhere when we got there and I thought they were all gone. After having most of my original GC save files die with my Memory Card 1019 when that thing failed on me years back, with this I then had none of my original GC save files left at all, sadly, including many saves for games I've gotten over the years and a few original saves for games like Eternal Darkness (including a file at the end of the second loop) and F-Zero GX.

Some time later, I got some GC memory cards to replace the lost ones. I played a handful of GC games, but most of those cards have just sat around unused, as I haven't played much GC in some years now, partially because of this but also because I played a lot of Gamecube for quite some time, but more recently have moved on to other things.

But then a couple of days ago, I was going through the pockets in my coat looking for something. I emptied the inside pocket of the coat, which I used to use all the time but haven't more recently, and ... along with stuff like some pieces of paper and a few old clementines, was a ziploc bag with those five memory cards in it. Lol So, to not lose them I'd put them in my coat, which makes sense... only to forget about that completely later, and never think to look there. Well, oops, but at least the story has a happy ending, I have those memory cards back now! And now I have like ten Memory Card 251s, which is as many as anyone would probably need unless they play sports games.

... So THAT's where those were? Huh... - Dark Jaguar - 31st January 2018

Sure, and hey, free clementines. (What are clementines exactly?)

... So THAT's where those were? Huh... - A Black Falcon - 31st January 2018

They are those seedless mandarin orange-like fruits. Supermarkets sell them in bags, often in a small wooden crate with a bag of them in it. I don't like oranges much, but clementines are great, they're good, almost always seedless, and are very easy to peel.

... So THAT's where those were? Huh... - Dark Jaguar - 1st February 2018

Oh right, oranges! Or in your case, vaguely orange-grey colored crackers by this point I'm sure.

... So THAT's where those were? Huh... - A Black Falcon - 1st February 2018

Heh... yeah, one was definitely that. The other was in slightly better shape, but still was ... quite dry. It is kind of weird though, when they dry out clementines usually shrivel up, but once in a while they will mold instead... but yeah, these were definitely the 'shrivel up' type.