Tendo City
Fix Tendo City - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Erich's Techology Corner (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Fix Tendo City (/showthread.php?tid=7099)

Fix Tendo City - A Black Falcon - 22nd January 2018

Seriously, this site has a bunch of lingering issues which need fixing!

- This text is on the top of the screen on every page in Tendo City:

Quote:Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 118
Sometimes it's only that one, and sometimes you also see this one (below) below it, either once or several times, but it's kind of annoying and should be fixed.

Quote:Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

- As of a few days ago the "Edit Post" button stopped working for in-line post edits. Now all I can do is center-click it to open the full edit window in a new tab, but cannot do an in-line edit as you are supposed to be able to. This is annoying!

- The new or edit post screen is a jumbled mess, with text overlapping text and checkboxes underneath buttons. I don't know what happened here but it's not good.

- It automatically double posts pretty much every time I post. Having to then delete the extra post after posting, every time, is kind of a pain.

- And lastly, once again, the admin panel does not have the export database feature in it anymore, so there is no way to back up the database without FTP access that we do not have! I really, REALLY want a more up-to-date backup of the database, instead of the now years-old one that I have...

Fix Tendo City - etoven - 23rd January 2018

Looks like someone enabled warnings on the PHP side.. I am looking into it now.

A Black Falcon Wrote:Seriously, this site has a bunch of lingering issues which need fixing!

- This text is on the top of the screen on every page in Tendo City:

Sometimes it's only that one, and sometimes you also see this one (below) below it, either once or several times, but it's kind of annoying and should be fixed.

- As of a few days ago the "Edit Post" button stopped working for in-line post edits. Now all I can do is center-click it to open the full edit window in a new tab, but cannot do an in-line edit asy ou are supposed to be able to. This is annoying!

- The new or edit post screen is a jumbled mess, with text overlapping text and checkboxes underneath buttons. I don't know what happened here but it's not good.

- It automatically double posts pretty much every time I post. Having to then delete the extra post after posting, every time, is kind of a pain.

- And lastly, once again, the admin panel does not have the export database feature in it anymore, so there is no way to back up the database without FTP access that we do not have! I really, REALLY want a more up-to-date backup of teh database, instead of the now years-old one that I have...

Sorry for the issues ABF.. Looks like some files got corrupted on the server. I disabled some features to get it stable again, but as usual siteturn has made themselves unavailable. When I do get a hold of them, I will update the forum to the latest 4.0 series build. First though I will need my FTP credentials.

I will also see about shipping out the database.. If I can get a clean copy, I am considering moving the site to my server farm where it can be managed properly. I am now running linux servers so it is now possible for me to do this.

Fix Tendo City - A Black Falcon - 23rd January 2018

Thanks for the reply! I see that now the in-line post edit and reply at bottom of thread page features are gone. Are they linked so you have to turn off both in order to turn off one, because the reply at bottom of thread function seemed to be working. Anyway, it's good to see you working on fixing that stuff.

As an update, now the reply/edit post page looks like it should, and isn't all messed up looking anymore; no more overlapping text, buttons under boxes, etc. That's great.

Also, there are perhaps fewer of the warnings on the tops of pages, but they are still there in some places so that problem isn't totally fixed. While right now I'm not seeing anything on the thread-list pages, when you're on the page for a thread the "line 2958" error is on top of the page pretty much all of the time for example.

Edit: And it only posted this post once! I didn't need to delete a duplicate. Very nice.

Quote: I will also see about shipping out the database..
This would be great, I'd appreciate it. Do you have any idea why the export option vanished from the admin panel a couple of years ago, though?

Quote:If I can get a clean copy, I am considering moving the site to my server farm where it can be managed properly. I am now running linux servers so it is now possible for me to do this.
What, so putting the site on your own server instead of paying for hosting? Would that help with things like when the site was offline for the better part of a week recently?

Fix Tendo City - Dark Jaguar - 23rd January 2018

It would, but put in a nicer way!

Thank you so much for keeping ABF and mine's chat client going etoven! If you can avoid paying server costs all the better.

Dark Jaguar Wrote:It would, but put in a nicer way!

Thank you so much for keeping ABF and mine's chat client going etoven! If you can avoid paying server costs all the better.

Yep. I don't pay server costs or phone costs as I now run provide digital phone service as well.

Fix Tendo City - A Black Falcon - 23rd January 2018

Dark Jaguar Wrote:It would, but put in a nicer way!

Heh... yes, I am definitely grateful for that.

Fix Tendo City - A Black Falcon - 1st February 2018

... So yeah, none of these problems are really fixed, apart from the edit button being fixed by being disabled.

On that note, while on most pages on this site the one or two error messages at the top are easy enough to ignore, there are a few where... it's a bit different. Lol

See the anime thread for example, which has all of this on top.

Quote:Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 106

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Yup, really! It's a full screen of error messages!

Fix Tendo City - etoven - 14th February 2018

A Black Falcon Wrote:... So yeah, none of these problems are really fixed, apart from the edit button being fixed by being disabled.

On that note, while on most pages on this site the one or two error messages at the top are easy enough to ignore, there are a few where... it's a bit different. Lol

I have placed another call for my FTP credentials. I can't do anything one way or the other without it. I will let you know as soon as I can get anywhere with these people.

A Black Falcon Wrote:... So yeah, none of these problems are really fixed, apart from the edit button being fixed by being disabled.

BTW, I would work under the assumption you can ignore these for now, they are PHP warning messages not errors, it looks as though some fool turned on verbose logging on the server.
This can create issues with javascript though if the .js file gets theses in them though. This is not supposed to be enabled on a production server.

TC Should be back and 100% again.. Thanks everyone!

Fix Tendo City - A Black Falcon - 14th February 2018

Yup, looks great... thanks for the work fixing the site, etoven!

A Black Falcon Wrote:Yup, looks great... thanks for the work fixing the site, etoven!

No Prob

Fix Tendo City - Dark Jaguar - 17th February 2018

Thank you etoven! Everything appears to be working perfectly now.