Tendo City
Teen Titans Go just admitted the original was better. - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Teen Titans Go just admitted the original was better. (/showthread.php?tid=7075)

Teen Titans Go just admitted the original was better. - Dark Jaguar - 16th September 2017

I have to give the creators of this version credit. They know. This wasn't even tongue in cheek making fun of the fans sort of thing, they seem to be saying "help us, editor mandates are preventing us from making a superior show and budget cuts keep us from making it look as good". I think the creators really want to do more with the new show than they've been allowed to.

Teen Titans Go just admitted the original was better. - A Black Falcon - 20th September 2017

Heh... that was amusing, yeah. I usually don't care much about superhero stuff but I did like and watch a lot of the original Teen Titans series; it's pretty good! This newer one, though, I've never gotten into. For one thing I don't have full cable anymore so I can't watch it on TV (full cable is something I only ever had at college, we never had it at home before and I haven't had it after), and I haven't tried to watch it much online because, as that clip suggests, it just doesn't look nearly as interesting either artistically or as a show as the original. It's too bad they can't make another show like that one, it was good.

Teen Titans Go just admitted the original was better. - Dark Jaguar - 20th September 2017

Don't you watch a lot of super hero stuff in anime?

Teen Titans Go just admitted the original was better. - A Black Falcon - 21st September 2017

Hmm, yes and no. No, in that the most superhero-esque anime/Japanese TV shows are what, Power Rangers and the like? I've never liked any of that stuff at all. It is common for animes to star overly powerful characters, though many such shows are terrible (case in point, the atrocity that is the isekai genre), but that's a different thing from a Western superhero show. I don't know, I'd think of anime and superhero shows/comics to be fairly different. There are some similarities, but more differences I think.

On the other hand though, Teen Titans the TV show did have an anime influence, and that was probably one of the things I liked about the show, so there is a connection between anime and that show at least, for certain.

Teen Titans Go just admitted the original was better. - Dark Jaguar - 22nd September 2017

As far as I'm concerned the only difference between something like Naruto and a super hero show is they don't have secret identities, which is VERY bizarre since they're supposed to be ninjas so you would think of all super heroes they would be the ones with the secret identities.

If you can summon a meteor and then smash it with your super-fist, you're basically a super hero.

Teen Titans Go just admitted the original was better. - A Black Falcon - 23rd September 2017

Heh, yeah, how ninja-like are almost anyone in Naruto anyway, most of them have pretty flashy moves... but as for shows like that, shonen action and the like, I've watched them sometimes but rarely really liked that kind of anime; 'just wait for fight X, the show really gets good then!' never has been something that got me to like a show.

Teen Titans Go just admitted the original was better. - Dark Jaguar - 24th September 2017

I'm pretty ignorant of that whole scene so as far as I know it's all that and "slice of life" stuff with school girls.

Teen Titans Go just admitted the original was better. - A Black Falcon - 3rd October 2017

Those are two of the most popular genres, but while anime may be badly lacking in variety it's not quite THAT bad, genre variety wise; there are others.