Tendo City
Marin's coming to Hyrule Warriors - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Marin's coming to Hyrule Warriors (/showthread.php?tid=6951)

Marin's coming to Hyrule Warriors - A Black Falcon - 26th March 2016

Very cool to see a character from the best 2d Zelda game in the game... yes, she's been anime-ized, but still, it's cool to see.

[Image: agMjNyj.jpg]

Versus LA art:

[Image: Marin2.jpg]

Yup, a definite downgrade here versus the original LA artwork. Ah well.

Oh, and Hyrule Warriors Legends for 3DS just released, with Linkle and such. I have a New 3DS of course, so I will have to get this eventually, even if the gameplay is simplistic Musou button-mashing and nothing more... but which to get first, this or Triforce Heroes? I still don't have that one.

Marin's coming to Hyrule Warriors - Dark Jaguar - 27th March 2016

Triforce Heroes is a more traditional Zelda experience, but you really need some friends to play it with, much like Four Swords. You CAN play it with strangers, but frankly that sort of thing hasn't been fun for me for a while now.

Hyrule Warriors is the first Dynasty Warriors game I ever picked up, so the experience was new to me. The gameplay really is pretty straight forward, without a lot of the thinking you need to do in a proper Zelda game, but it's good fun in other ways. Higher difficulties actually give a sense of danger, so I play it on that.

Marin is an interesting choice. I guess she'll sing songs and KILL THE CHICKEN!, (She's got that weird dark side) and maybe even have a pet chain chomp weapon. I agree that the Link's Awakening art is better to me, though this different interpretation is pretty close. It's a lot closer than some character designs anyway.

I also have to say that the old NES era illustrations for Link have really grown on me. Check this out:

[Image: LoZ_Link_Items.png]

This illustration actually managed to make Link carrying around everything from sword and shield to a raft and an entire ladder actually look possible. It's become one of my favorite illustrations of Link.

Marin's coming to Hyrule Warriors - A Black Falcon - 28th March 2016

Well, he'd have to put all that stuff down to fight effectively, but it is a good drawing in how it shows him actually plausibly carrying around all the stuff from the original Zelda game, yeah.

Quote:Triforce Heroes is a more traditional Zelda experience, but you really need some friends to play it with, much like Four Swords. You CAN play it with strangers, but frankly that sort of thing hasn't been fun for me for a while now.
Yeah, this is a big part of why I haven't bought it -- I've heard that the online is not great, and I would not have many opportunities to play it local multiplayer. I didn't get far into FS or FSA in multiplayer back when I was in college, now it'd be harder... At least the game HAS online, but with very limited communication it seems like it would be frustrating.

Quote:Hyrule Warriors is the first Dynasty Warriors game I ever picked up, so the experience was new to me. The gameplay really is pretty straight forward, without a lot of the thinking you need to do in a proper Zelda game, but it's good fun in other ways. Higher difficulties actually give a sense of danger, so I play it on that.
I have a few Dynasty and Samurai Warriors games, so I do know the formula... and yeah, they are very simple button mashers. It's not a series I've ever really gotten into, and in the games I do have in the series I've never gotten more than a couple of missions in, but they can be mindlessly fun once in a while. That, with a Zelda theme, would be fun I think. Not Zelda great, but fun. It is good to know that the higher difficulty settings make a difference.