Tendo City
If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already (/showthread.php?tid=6939)

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - A Black Falcon - 22nd January 2016

Winter is, you may recall, my favorite season . I love snow, and cross-country skiing is fun. So... yeah. Warmest December ever, yet again, by a wide margin. Not a flake of snow until almost the end of the month. Barely over a foot of snow total so far this winter here, with no significant storms expected soon (that giant storm today is missing Maine to the south, unfortunately), and some of that snow we did get was wiped out in a giant rainstorm (two inches of rain, or something like that!) less than a week after the first snowstorm. Yes, there is at least a little snow on the ground, but it's mid-January, and many streams still aren't fully frozen over, and snow is infrequent. Not good.

So, it was an awful December in my opinion, and while this month is better, it's still a VERY mild winter. The last two winters were very snowy, but this goes fully in the opposite direction, and with how fast global warming is going we'll probably be seeing more of this... it's sad to think about. :(

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - Dark Jaguar - 23rd January 2016

I've had the AC on a surprising amount of time. This last week has been the first consistently cold week where I'm at. Christmas was moderate, and in fact colder here than at the north pole, because madness reigns.

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - Weltall - 23rd January 2016

MEANWHILE IN KENTUCKY

[Image: 12510248_932024270218540_103801141434011...e=573B86A7]

That's my deck out back, ten hours ago. If you're wondering, that black stuff is bird seed. Tons of cardinals and finches and starlings hang out here and we wanted to make sure they could nosh.

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - Dark Jaguar - 24th January 2016

Bonus: That chair looks like one of those super depressing chairs from a horror game.

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - Weltall - 25th January 2016

You can clearly see the aftermath of me sitting there eating chili over the summer.

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - A Black Falcon - 26th January 2016

Yeah, global warming means more wild weather, so probably more storms like that one in the winter, while we still have winters worth mentioning.

Quote:I've had the AC on a surprising amount of time. This last week has been the first consistently cold week where I'm at. Christmas was moderate, and in fact colder here than at the north pole, because madness reigns.
AC in December? Oklahoma sure is a different place from here... while I do have a window-box air conditioner, because up here on the 3rd floor (of a 3 story building) it gets warm in the summer and I hate hot weather, I took it out months ago, because up here in Maine it's really only needed for a few months. December was much warmer than usual of course, but not 'I need the AC' warm.

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - Weltall - 27th January 2016

In spite of the photo, it has, up until the last 10 days or so, been exceptionally warm here as elsewhere. I spent Christmas eve at my in-laws with doors and windows open, everyone in shorts and t-shirts.

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - Dark Jaguar - 27th January 2016

There were a few 70-80 degree weeks in December, and even warmer in November. Then it'd flash to more appropriately cold weather.

And no ABF, this isn't normal for Oklahoma. This is actually very bizarre. Yes, we're warmer than Maine, certainly, but not THAT much warmer.

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - A Black Falcon - 27th January 2016

And after less than a month of actual winter, we're back to warmer-than-usual temperatures -- it's been above freezing for several days now and that looks to continue for some time to come, and with the very small amount of snow we've had since that big rainstorm weeks back, a lot of the snowpack won't survive. Poor ski season this winter... :(

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - Weltall - 28th January 2016

I blame your governor for opening his mouth.

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - A Black Falcon - 28th January 2016

Maybe that's it, it's our fault for re-electing him... :p

Now he's saying racist stuff, you may have heard -- that crazy line about drug dealers (with black names) coming here and getting 'white girls' pregnant... and now he's said that people should use their concealed weapons against drug dealers and that we should 'bring back the guillotine' (for drug dealers I'm pretty sure)... I mostly try to just ignore the stuff he says, but yeah, he keeps getting crazier and crazier, somehow.

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/01/27/lepage-suggests-that-mainers-who-carry-concealed-weapons-could-help-solve-the-drug-problem/
http://www.pressherald.com/2016/01/26/gov-lepage-formally-calls-off-state-of-the-state/
http://www.pressherald.com/2016/01/26/lepage-jokes-about-executing-drug-dealers-with-a-guillotine/

And that's not even getting into the huge reaction that his crazy-racist 'white women' line led to...

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - Dark Jaguar - 28th January 2016

What's this "our fault" stuff? YOU didn't vote for him. (Did you?)

If this is the future of "winter" I'm hating global warming already - A Black Falcon - 28th January 2016

I didn't, of course not, but he won, twice.