Tendo City
This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... (/showthread.php?tid=6898)

This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - Dark Jaguar - 17th September 2015

It Follows

I can appreciate it on a technical level, but while The Babadook seemed to have a really important lesson about a fundamental part of the human psyche, It Follows just seemed to be about an STD style monster. I didn't really understand what made this so "important" and "thoughtful" to, well, everyone else.

Combined with my utter inability to "get" a number of other movies around here, can anyone put together a common thread demonstrating exactly what part of the human soul I'm missing?

This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - Great Rumbler - 17th September 2015

All parts.

This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - Dark Jaguar - 17th September 2015

Huh... maybe I need to harvest those parts to make myself complete? Alright, I'll go get the shovel...

This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - Great Rumbler - 18th September 2015

Just nip down to the local Planned Parenthood and pick up all the parts you need. It's that easy.

This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - Dark Jaguar - 18th September 2015

Yeah! That documentary with the talking jet and mashed potato man told me I could get free baby brains that way.

(What? That sentence of mine made about as much sense as anything else said in that "debate".)

This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - A Black Falcon - 18th September 2015

Is this some horror movie? I've never heard of it.

This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - Dark Jaguar - 19th September 2015

It's one of those cult hits, like the Babadook.

Oh, incidentally, did you enjoy the Lego movie?

This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - A Black Falcon - 28th September 2015

If Babadook is a word I have no clue what it means, don't think I have heard that before.

As for the Lego movie... why haven't I watched that yet? I have no good excuse. I should soon. I don't watch movies very often (this is the primary reason I haven't seen it), but this is one I really should see, for sure...

This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - Dark Jaguar - 29th September 2015

Babadook is not a word, it's a nonsense word that a kid's book would come up with.

This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - A Black Falcon - 30th September 2015

Wait, you're confusing me. Is that something from a movie, or not?

This month in movies I don't get but everyone else seems to love... - Dark Jaguar - 1st October 2015

The Babadook is what the movie is called. It's an Australian movie about a children's book monster come to life. It's also WAY more than that (and not at all that), so don't write it off as yet another stupid monster flick like that premise sounds.