Tendo City
Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Mountain Dew LiveWire... (/showthread.php?tid=688)

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Laser Link - 15th May 2003

...tastes just like any other orange drink. :cuss:

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Great Rumbler - 15th May 2003

I thought it was pretty good.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Dark Jaguar - 15th May 2003

Really? I LOVE orange soda! A bit high energy though isn't it?

It's not bad, but I wanted something new and different like Code Red. That is amazingly good stuff, and it's so different from everything else. But I can't complain too much. I thought the machine ate my money, so I started mashing on the LiveWire button and suddenly out popped one bottle of LiveWire and 2 Code Reds. :D

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - A Black Falcon - 15th May 2003

Orange soda... with super-caffeine? Like Mountain Dew... its just Sprite, but with caffiene... I don't like it. I like plenty of sodas... colas, sprite and related ones, root beer, orange soda... but mountain dew? No. I don't like the super-caffiene ones like Jolt Cola either...

Mountain Dew doesn't taste much like Sprite at all. Surge is different from both, and it's my favorite citrusy drink actually. Too bad you can't find it very often. It actually glowed green! But Code Red rules.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - A Black Falcon - 15th May 2003

None of those are any good except Sprite. :)

Oh, and Sprite, 7UP, etc all taste the same to me... same with Coke, Pepsi, etc... can anyone actually tell them apart? Well... some people will say they can, but they're lying...

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Darunia - 16th May 2003

The orange Dew was fine, but as Laser Link noted, is very lackluster. It's only under the Dew name 'cuz that sells. Without it, it's just orange soda.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - EdenMaster - 16th May 2003

Mountain Dew: Different colors, same nasty drink.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Dark Jaguar - 16th May 2003

Oh stop letting the Simpsons rule your opinions you silly :D.

I too can't really tell a difference between Sprite and 7-up (except 7-up seems a tad, lighter, somehow). I also have a hard time telling the diff between the many forms of orange soda (orange soda, the ONE drink that is always called by it's generic term rather than by specific brand name, oh there's also grape soda). Those are the only sodas I even drink though. The "dark colas", all of them, just have never tasted good to me at all.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Laser Link - 16th May 2003

If you want to tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, taste them both when they have sat out for a while. Coke will burn and eat at you when it's hot. Which is why I like to microwave it sometimes. :D

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - EdenMaster - 16th May 2003

I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi when cold, and I prefer Coke. Pepsi's too sweet, besides, who doesn't like the thought that that acidic stuff is probably eating away at you.

*is thristy*

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Dark Jaguar - 16th May 2003

It's not really that bad for you. Your body DOES heal you know, so whatever burning it may do is easily done away with. Leaving a tooth in soda MAY in fact cause it to rot, but that's a dead tooth! Dead bone and living bone have very different properties.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - A Black Falcon - 16th May 2003

Heh... you DO know that in every single blind cola taste test I've ever heard of, people have no clue which is Coke or Pepsi? Diehard drinkers of one are SURE that the other is their drink... :)

You just think you can tell a difference. The real one is nearly nonexistant.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Laser Link - 16th May 2003

Thank you for telling me about myself. What would I do without you?

There is a very obvious difference between the two. Coke actually switched to the "New Coke" back a few years ago, and it really did taste exactly like Pepsi. But people didn't want another Pepsi so they brought back the original.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - A Black Falcon - 16th May 2003

In a blind taste test your chances would be 50/50... like everyones. :)

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Laser Link - 17th May 2003

Except no.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - A Black Falcon - 17th May 2003

So say all devoted cola fans.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Dark Jaguar - 17th May 2003

I hate both, but LL is correct. I can call up a soda lore page in a sec if you like. New coke DID taste EXACTLY like Pepsi, because at the time people liked it better. Being morons, they didn't notice it, but instead thought they ruined coke, which had suddenly become a national past time due to this "scandel". Coke switched to the original, unliked, formula, and have been ever since.

In other words, though I can't really tell a difference myself, there IS a difference in taste, as physical reality. As much as people still love to make fun of "new coke" for being "terrible", in the end it really was just a perfect clone of Pepsi.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/newcoke.asp

Read all about it, with some source links so you can check the data for yourself. As per usual, LL is right.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - A Black Falcon - 17th May 2003

Sure, there's a difference.

Its just so small that almost noone could actually tell what it is.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - EdenMaster - 17th May 2003

Crystal Pepsi on the other hand...

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Darunia - 17th May 2003

That's bullshit...it's easy to taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke, blind or otherwise. Pepsi is sweeter and has more..taste to it. Coke it awesome, but more acidic.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - EdenMaster - 17th May 2003

It's official. Nick Burns and I performed a taste taste of our own. I left the room while he put both sodas into glasses and I was able to discern which was which. He passed too. The differences between the two colas are obvious.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - OB1 - 17th May 2003

I can definitely tell the difference between all of these sodas, and I don't even drink them that often. And as a matter of fact I have done a blind taste test before. I bought cans of coke, pepsi, sprite, and 7 up and had my brother put them in four different cups. I got each one right.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Laser Link - 17th May 2003

I was hoping you had a snopes article on that. :)

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Darunia - 18th May 2003

Pepsi tastes better.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - OB1 - 21st May 2003

Snopes? I was the one that didn't trust snopes, remember?

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Dark Jaguar - 21st May 2003

He was talking to me OB1 :D. Snopes is a very great site for debunking of various false information (though just like anything, if it sounds too crazy, listen to your common sense, and not that horribly stupid saying "it's so crazy it must be true!", which is a statement I hate, and then read the bottom of that page :D). The important thing is that this site sources all it's info. Check the sources and you have a large number of things agreeing on this. Silly billy, snopes rocks.

They're a bastion of misinformation. :p

And LL replied right after my post so I thought he was talking to me. My bad.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - A Black Falcon - 21st May 2003

Snopes is a good site... but I can tell no difference between Coke and Pepsi, like almost everyone.

And like I said a blind taste test (preferably with 3 or 4 kinds of colas) always show people have no clue. :)

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Laser Link - 21st May 2003

I've never actually met anyone so stubborn as the people on this forum. It's quite amazing. I wonder what the Edmond's Field Women's Circle would say- they would probably stop complaining about Two Rivers men.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Laser Link - 21st May 2003

Oh, and to add more controversy, I think RC is really good stuff as well. Might even be my favorite. It has more of the Pepsi flavor with some of the Coke bite to it. But I'm probably imagining it.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Great Rumbler - 21st May 2003

We aren't stubborn, we just don't like losing arguements. There IS a difference you know. :p

Yes, RC is good... better than the nonames and cheaper than Coke and Pepsi. I've only ever seen it in supermarkets though...

And ABF says that I'm stubborn. Yeesh. He's King Stubborn of Stubborpolis.

Never said I wasn't... but you are at least as bad, and are more annoying about it. :p

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Darunia - 22nd May 2003

RC is an awesome cola....but I do NOT accept that Pepsi & Cola taste the same---they so blatantly do not! Pepsi is sweeter; Coke burns a little more. RC is a good blend.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - OB1 - 22nd May 2003

ABF, there is no point in arguing with you because of your extreme stubborness. Now you're saying that we can't even tell the difference between certain soft drinks just because you can't? Good Lord.

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - Laser Link - 22nd May 2003

I agree with Darunia completely. I can't believe I just said that. :)

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - He Who Annoys All - 3rd June 2003

All you Americanos talking about your 'sodas'. Everybody knows that those beverages are called 'pop', 'soft drinks' even, but not 'soda'. Up here in Canada pop can't have cafine (me no spll gud) unless it is cola coloured, so your 'super-cafine' drinks, like Mountain Dew, have none of the addictive drug you chug. And Pepsi does taste better than Coke. If you can't tell the difference between the two of them, then you must be loopy :loopy:

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - A Black Falcon - 3rd June 2003

Its soda! Soft drinks sometimes, but not informally...

Though it all depends on where you are from... some parts of the country all call it 'pop' for some strange reason. :)

And I've heard before that Mountain Dew has no caffiene in Canada... how odd. It has more caffiene than anything short of Jolt!

Mountain Dew LiveWire... - He Who Annoys All - 3rd June 2003

No caffien in non-cola-coloured drinks in Canada. It may seem odd to you, it does to me, but it makes sense to somebody... I think... maybe... ahh who cares