Tendo City
Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer (/showthread.php?tid=6850)

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - alien space marine - 4th June 2015

http://youtu.be/5Cm_avgaWno[video=youtube_share;5Cm_avgaWno]http://youtu.be/5Cm_avgaWno[/video]

Try not to masturbate

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - Dark Jaguar - 4th June 2015

That... sure is a trailer all right. Sorry, these days a trailer like that doesn't do much for me, since it tells me exactly nothing about the game itself. I guess it's set in Boston?

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - alien space marine - 4th June 2015

Dark Jaguar Wrote:That... sure is a trailer all right. Sorry, these days a trailer like that doesn't do much for me, since it tells me exactly nothing about the game itself. I guess it's set in Boston?

It's more of a teaser, it was because of the early leaks Bethesda decided to just go ahead and announce the game Early to appease impatient fans, We will learn Allot more at E3 when they unveil the demo.

Yes the game is set in Boston, M.I.T is gonna play a big role in the plot. Another interesting tidbit is that one of the post-war settlements is actually Fenway Park stadium, home of the Boston Red Sox's.

It probably will be similar to FO3 and new Vegas, think Skyrim with guns and sci-fi tech

I posted this for ABF since he was a big fan of Fallout.

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - Great Rumbler - 4th June 2015

ABF hated Fallout 3.

Or maybe he hated the concept and never actually played it.

I don't remember.

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - Dark Jaguar - 4th June 2015

I liked it. I've seen breakdowns of "plotholes" in the game. Some of them are decent points, but the majority are actually explained in the story. The biggest issue was something about it being a lot more "unrealistic" than previous Fallout games. I have to wonder if they actually played them. Fallout isn't exactly a realistic series to begin with. Basically the only thing I need to do to prove that is point out the existence of "mutants" (that is, the race of mutants, and also the rest of the monsters with breeding populations).

It's a silly series with a silly premise but it plays it straight. That's enough for me. I personally loved the Johnny Quest dad at the start, and the whole setting worked well enough for me that I can ignore little details like "not thinking to send in the radiation immune super mutant to fix all my problems". My biggest problem is the cars are powered by nuclear reactors, and are basically the ONLY thing that they don't let work. Give me some wasteland road warrioring.

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - Sacred Jellybean - 4th June 2015

I tried both Fallout 3 and New Vegas or w/e it's called, couldn't get into either of them. I think I just don't like RPGs. It doesn't help that they're FPS as well. Too much time to set-up the character, then no decent pay-off, as far as I was concerned. I got them second-hand when my buddy gave me his X-Box 360, so at least I didn't pay money for them. I logged more time into Red Dead Redemption, which at its core is just a GTA game, so it too gets boring quickly.

Umm, the reason I wanted the system is for Bioshock, but I stopped playing that too. Sorry, for the derail. I respect the Fallout series, they just aren't my bag.

I know, I complain a lot. :crap:

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - A Black Falcon - 5th June 2015

Great Rumbler Wrote:ABF hated Fallout 3.

Or maybe he hated the concept and never actually played it.

I don't remember.
The latter; I hated the concept (because it wasn't Interplay's Fallout 3) and never actually played it. I did buy Fallout 3 a few years ago now, I think it was, but never got around to actually trying it. Considering how uninteresting I found The Elder Scrolls 1, 2, 3, and 4, though, I have never thought it'd hold my interest. Bethesda can make large worlds, sure, but they don't make interesting ones unless you really like wandering in large open worlds... and that is something I have never enjoyed much at all. The only Elder Scrolls game I actually played for more than a few hours is Arena, and I didn't get more than a few dungeons into that game before stopping, when I played it back in the early '00s.

Oh, I haven't played Skyrim, but I haven't seen any reason to care about the game either.

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - Great Rumbler - 5th June 2015

ABF's taste in videogames is both strange and lamentable.

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - alien space marine - 5th June 2015

A Black Falcon Wrote:The latter; I hated the concept (because it wasn't Interplay's Fallout 3) and never actually played it. I did buy Fallout 3 a few years ago now, I think it was, but never got around to actually trying it. Considering how uninteresting I found The Elder Scrolls 1, 2, 3, and 4, though, I have never thought it'd hold my interest. Bethesda can make large worlds, sure, but they don't make interesting ones unless you really like wandering in large open worlds... and that is something I have never enjoyed much at all. The only Elder Scrolls game I actually played for more than a few hours is Arena, and I didn't get more than a few dungeons into that game before stopping, when I played it back in the early '00s.

Oh, I haven't played Skyrim, but I haven't seen any reason to care about the game either.

I'm surprised I thought you did, Have you tried New Vegas? It was made by more of the old Black Isle veterans and continues the west coast storyarc reusing allot of material from Van Buren aka Black Isle's cancelled fallout 3. The story And cast of characters are allot richer then fallout 3, The story has multiple alternate endings because of its faction system since your picking sides in a war and deciding the fate of Vegas. Unlike Fallout 3 ,fans in online forums spent more Time debating and comparing each other's choices. The game was catered to fans of fallout 1-2 with allot of old characters re-appearing and it continues the NCR plot.

alien space marine Wrote:I'm surprised I thought you did, Have you tried New Vegas? It was made by more of the old Black Isle veterans and continues the west coast storyarc reusing allot of material from Van Buren aka Black Isle's cancelled fallout 3. The story And cast of characters are allot richer then fallout 3, The story has multiple alternate endings because of its faction system since your picking sides in a war and deciding the fate of Vegas. Unlike Fallout 3 ,fans in online forums spent more Time debating and comparing each other's choices. The game was catered to fans of fallout 1-2 with allot of old characters re-appearing and it continues the NCR plot.

I'm pretty sure I have New Vegas too, but haven't played it either.

Great Rumbler Wrote:ABF's taste in videogames is both strange and lamentable.

I admit I play computer games less than I used to, but I've never found TES games interesting. I tried to play Morrowind back in the early '00s, but didn't like it much. Oblivion I tried once and lost interest in almost immediately, and I haven't played a Bethesda game since.

Of course, other open world games aren't something I have ever liked all that much either. Probably the one I played the most is GTA3, and I didn't exactly get far into that game. I much prefer a more focused experience.

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - Sacred Jellybean - 5th June 2015

Great Rumbler Wrote:ABF's taste in videogames is both strange and lamentable.

But he is Correct in this case

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - Dark Jaguar - 5th June 2015

Differening tastes and all. It is, however, VERY true that Bethesda makes some of the glitchiest games in the industry. I just hope they manage to turn things around with the new one... Eh who am I kidding? I expect to enjoy the game 2 years after release when fans patch out the most egregious bugs themselves.

Isn't Daggerfall the buggiest game they released, though? They have at least improved since that, I think... if barely. :p

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - Dark Jaguar - 5th June 2015

For a time, Bioware were up there with them, but with Mass Effect and Dragon Age they're really turned around their design process and have far more stable games.

Fallout 4 Reveal Trailer - alien space marine - 5th June 2015