Tendo City
Please fix TC's bugs, etoven! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Please fix TC's bugs, etoven! (/showthread.php?tid=6682)

Please fix TC's bugs, etoven! - A Black Falcon - 5th December 2013

These were all introduced with the update after recovering from the hack. They're kind of annoying, and it'd be great if you could fix them.

-First, when you post from the Quick Reply box at the bottom of each page, for some reason it automatically double-posts every single time. In SeaMonkey, I get a "do you want to leave this page" warning now (which I did not get before), and if I say "No" then it posts only once as it should, but doesn't display it on screen (since saying "No" means that I'm still looking at the quick reply box with writing in it, not the new post posted to the thread). Then I have to reload the page to get the post to be viewable, if I want to do that (and hit "Yes" this time on the double prompt boxes which pop up).

In Firefox, I don't get any warning prompts, so it simply double-posts automatically, with no way around it, every time that I (and others) post from the quick-reply box. Sure, I can, and do, then delete the duplicates, but it's kind of annoying to have to do that after every time I post... this needs to be fixed.

-Second, the site still doesn't properly register me as logged on on the main forum list page (tcforums.com/forums). I appear as logged out there, but after clicking on any of the forums, then I automatically log in. This is kind of annoying because the "new posts" stuff doesn't work since that relies on you being logged in, and also because this means that you can't see if any posts were made in Forum 5 unless you click through to Save Tendo City and look there. This really should be fixed.

-Last, the Advanced "new post in current thread" page is all messed up. That is, if instead of posting in the quick reply box I Instead press "Go Advanced", this line is at the top of the screen "Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389", and I see this below the text-input window (see attachment).
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
I don't think I even need to say that this is OBVIOUSLY not right. And yes, it did not used to be like this, before the hack and upgrade that obviously messed things up. Fortunately the text-input window itself works correctly, but everything below it is a mess. This looks exactly the same on either Firefox or Seamonkey (Firefox is shown in this screenshot).

Hopefully you read this, etoven, even if you don't post here much... while the site is usable as it is, these bugs are annoying and should be fixed. Thanks.

Please fix TC's bugs, etoven! - A Black Falcon - 11th January 2014

None of this stuff has been fixed in any way. :(

Please fix TC's bugs, etoven! - etoven - 11th January 2014

A Black Falcon Wrote:These were all introduced with the update after recovering from the hack. They're kind of annoying, and it'd be great if you could fix them.

-First, when you post from the Quick Reply box at the bottom of each page, for some reason it automatically double-posts every single time. In SeaMonkey, I get a "do you want to leave this page" warning now (which I did not get before), and if I say "No" then it posts only once as it should, but doesn't display it on screen (since saying "No" means that I'm still looking at the quick reply box with writing in it, not the new post posted to the thread). Then I have to reload the page to get the post to be viewable, if I want to do that (and hit "Yes" this time on the double prompt boxes which pop up).

In Firefox, I don't get any warning prompts, so it simply double-posts automatically, with no way around it, every time that I (and others) post from the quick-reply box. Sure, I can, and do, then delete the duplicates, but it's kind of annoying to have to do that after every time I post... this needs to be fixed.

-Second, the site still doesn't properly register me as logged on on the main forum list page (tcforums.com/forums). I appear as logged out there, but after clicking on any of the forums, then I automatically log in. This is kind of annoying because the "new posts" stuff doesn't work since that relies on you being logged in, and also because this means that you can't see if any posts were made in Forum 5 unless you click through to Save Tendo City and look there. This really should be fixed.

-Last, the Advanced "new post in current thread" page is all messed up. That is, if instead of posting in the quick reply box I Instead press "Go Advanced", this line is at the top of the screen "Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389", and I see this below the text-input window (see attachment).
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
I don't think I even need to say that this is OBVIOUSLY not right. And yes, it did not used to be like this, before the hack and upgrade that obviously messed things up. Fortunately the text-input window itself works correctly, but everything below it is a mess. This looks exactly the same on either Firefox or Seamonkey (Firefox is shown in this screenshot).

Hopefully you read this, etoven, even if you don't post here much... while the site is usable as it is, these bugs are annoying and should be fixed. Thanks.

I looked into the messed up screen issue.. This is a confirmed bug.. The HTML editor causes this issue.. I am disabling for now.. Until a patch comes out.

Please fix TC's bugs, etoven! - A Black Falcon - 12th January 2014

Alright, that's a good start. :)

Please fix TC's bugs, etoven! - Dark Jaguar - 29th January 2014

Ah, I see, that explains things. I didn't want to turn it back on until I saw something.

Well, that's good then.

Please fix TC's bugs, etoven! - A Black Falcon - 29th January 2014

Do you have any of these issues too?

Please fix TC's bugs, etoven! - Weltall - 30th January 2014

I don't actually experience any problems, myself.