Tendo City
Facebook anyone? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Residential District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: SAVE TENDO CITY (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Facebook anyone? (/showthread.php?tid=6528)

Facebook anyone? - etoven - 18th August 2012

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Facebook anyone? - etoven - 18th August 2012

Integrate your Facebook account with TendoCity for awesome features!

Facebook anyone? - Dark Jaguar - 4th December 2013

I do appreciate the effort, but for my part, I have no intention of "integrating" my real world identity with my online identity.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3afZip4BTRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Facebook anyone? - A Black Falcon - 6th December 2013

That's going to get harder and harder over time, I think, unfortunately... :(

Facebook anyone? - Dark Jaguar - 10th December 2013

Why's that? Facebook, regardless of popularity, is still just one web site. I can ignore ONE web site and the rest of the internet should still function.

Facebook anyone? - A Black Falcon - 10th December 2013

I was just saying that it seems like over time it'll get harder and harder to refuse to be on social-networking sites...

Facebook anyone? - Sacred Jellybean - 12th December 2013

Jooiiinnn uussss

I keep having strange urges to "Like" posts on messageboards. Then I get disappointed when there's no button to do that. It's like I have to USE WORDS to express that a post is good. Ugh.

Facebook anyone? - Great Rumbler - 12th December 2013

ABF's luddite fears are a constant source of amusement.

Facebook anyone? - Dark Jaguar - 12th December 2013

"Nelson Mandela died today as millions mourn."

"Sacred Jellybean "Liked" this post."

Sometimes the concept of "liking" something can give the wrong idea.

Facebook anyone? - A Black Falcon - 15th December 2013

Great Rumbler Wrote:ABF's luddite fears are a constant source of amusement.

The Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Ultimate MvC3 games and DLC are going to be removed from sale on both X360 and PS3 online stores by the end of the year. After that point it'll be impossible to use two of the characters unless you bought them already, because they're download-only. This is a perfect example of the kind of thing we will see a lot more of in the future; there already have been some scattered download only games that vanished from sale, but this is more prominent than most. This kind of thing is awful.

So yeah, keep saying that I'm just being a "luddite", but it's not true.

Facebook anyone? - Dark Jaguar - 15th December 2013

ABF, I agree, and this is worth talking about but....

What the heck's that got to do with this thread?

Facebook anyone? - A Black Falcon - 16th December 2013

An example of how if that whole "luddite fears" thing includes my skepticism about a DD-only future, there are good reasons to not want that...

Facebook anyone? - Sacred Jellybean - 16th December 2013

A Black Falcon Wrote:My skepticism of technology might be sorta legitimate in this one small case, therefore my skepticism of every other aspect of technology is perfectly reasonable

k

Facebook anyone? - Dark Jaguar - 17th December 2013

That's not what he originally posted at al... wait I get it.

Facebook anyone? - Weltall - 3rd January 2014

It's strange to me that I've known both of you for going on 14 years and I know almost nothing about either of you. Though, I do tend to play my own cards a lot closer to my chest these days than I used to.

Facebook anyone? - Sacred Jellybean - 8th January 2014

I once talked on the phone with you when you were laid up at the hospital!

You do play your cards close to the chest. And DJ... well, DJ is a mystery.

Me, I post pictures of myself in drag and cry myself to sleep at night.

Have a zombie photo.

[Image: vgUCAeJ.jpg]

Facebook anyone? - Dark Jaguar - 13th January 2014

Heck I think I've revealed a lot about my personality, just nothing concretely set in the real world.

Kids are all moving on to Twitter these days apparently. They're sick of being "connected" with their parents on old hat Facebook. That's how it starts...

Facebook anyone? - Weltall - 13th January 2014

There is definitely nobody I've ever found on the internet or otherwise who is just like you, I can say.

I'm glad that we haven't all drifted apart all the way. For some reason I've felt compelled to come around, whereas I went months without even remembering the place existed for awhile.

It's cool to think that this place is definitely among the oldest websites which still exist on the internet, and it's not really that much more or less dead than it's been for the last five or six years. How many other websites from the 20th century are still around these days? It was such a different internet back then.

i mean hay guys, have you seen the new dreamcast pics on dailyradar

no dude, i'm downloading this blink 182 mp3 on napster at 4kbps

Facebook anyone? - Sacred Jellybean - 15th January 2014

pics or it didn't happen